Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MultiTrack Recorder Plugin by 4Pockets.com

Comments

• edited April 2021

I had also high hopes for Zenbeats but for me it crashes too often. Moreover the missing audio busses and that it is impossible to record MIDI AUv3s is quite painful.

• edited April 2021

Zenbeats technically introduced me to the clip launching thing. It’s great how you can start there then record audio and midi straight to the timeline afterwards.

It’s just missing too much stuff like @krassmann said. I’m so used to doing what I like in AUM.

• @krassmann said:
    I had also high hopes for Zenbeats but for me it crashes too often. Moreover the missing audio busses and that it is impossible to record MIDI AUv3s is quite painful.

You can record MIDI AUv3s. Long press MIDI at the top of the channel, and turn off “Pre MIDI FX”.

I’ve never had a single crash except for when initially scanning plugins. I’ll admit I’m not a heavy user though.

• I just recently got Nanostudio 2 + MultiTrack Recorder but I can't work out how to record audio to MultiTrack Recorder within Nanostudio 2 from the iPads mic. I can record from the mic fine when using the sample record feature using Nanostudio's Slate drum sampler so the mic input itself is active and working within Nanostudio.

I added a track and made MultiTrack Recorder the external instrument but that did not work.

What is the correct method to do this?

• @GRiker said:
    Multitrack Audio Recorder has been updated to 1.19:

v1.19
    Fixed an issue which occasionally caused clips not play when looping.
    Added a new remote record on MIDI note G#2 and a delete last recording on note A2 to allow recording of loops on the fly.
    Exposed scheduled looping options C3-B4 as automation parameters so they can be mapped in AUM to external hardware.
    Exported the remote record and delete recording options to the automation parameters.
    Other minor fixes.
    Updated the help.

I've updated the key switch reference PDF with the latest additions.

Brilliant! Thanks.

• @TheBeatDoctor said:
    I just recently got Nanostudio 2 + MultiTrack Recorder but I can't work out how to record audio to MultiTrack Recorder within Nanostudio 2 from the iPads mic. I can record from the mic fine when using the sample record feature using Nanostudio's Slate drum sampler so the mic input itself is active and working within Nanostudio.

I added a track and made MultiTrack Recorder the external instrument but that did not work.

I have used Sonobus running in AUM or Audiobus to pipe audio into NS2 to record it with multitrack recorder. I don't know of another way.

• @wim said:

@krassmann said:

You can record MIDI AUv3s. Long press MIDI at the top of the channel, and turn off “Pre MIDI FX”.

I’ve never had a single crash except for when initially scanning plugins. I’ll admit I’m not a heavy user though.

I couldn’t figure that out where on top. Which view. Can you send an image please?

• edited April 2021

Just got MTR yesterday. Trying to configure multi-outs. Have set up bus numbers per the manual but AUM is not showing any multi out instances for MTR ?? See pics! What am I doing wrong?

• wimwim
    edited April 2021

@TheBeatDoctor said:
    I just recently got Nanostudio 2 + MultiTrack Recorder but I can't work out how to record audio to MultiTrack Recorder within Nanostudio 2 from the iPads mic. I can record from the mic fine when using the sample record feature using Nanostudio's Slate drum sampler so the mic input itself is active and working within Nanostudio.

Unfortunately recording external audio to MTR in NanoStudio isn’t possible without resorting to the Sonobus workaround @espiegel123 describes above, which to me this isn’t worth the hassle.

The problem is NS2 doesn’t route external audio to AUFX plugins.

What you can do is record into the standalone version of MTR. Once you do that, the audio clips are available in the audio pool in the plugin.

• @wim said:

@TheBeatDoctor said:

Unfortunately recording external audio to MTR in NanoStudio isn’t possible without resorting to the Sonobus workaround @espiegel123 describes above, which to me this isn’t worth the hassle.

The problem is NS2 doesn’t route external audio to AUFX plugins.

What you can do is record into the standalone version of MTR. Once you do that, the audio clips are available in the audio pool in the plugin.

Btw, if you create a song in the standalone MTR (or the AUv3 running in AUM which can be synced and started simultaneously via Ableton Link + AB3), you can just open the song and have it ready to go. You don't have to resort to pulling them out of the audio pool.

• I find that pretty much everything I record needs some kind of editing after I'm done. MTR does provide some very basic audio editing but I would not want to record directly into it with a live instrument. For that sort of workflow I'd set the bars I want to record over to loop mode in NS2 with it playing in the background and then just jam in AUM, recording the output ready for editing in MTS or Auditor. It would only end up in MTR/NS2 once it was production ready.

If you are using MTR to record perfect loops or something with MIDI+synths then wanting to record directly to MTR might make more sense I guess.

• Just answering my own question above. You cant do multi-bus out from an effect slot. So you need to have MTR as an instrument to use multi-bus out. Better to setup MTR on a return channel and bus audio to it.

• Does anyone know where to report bugs for this app/plugin?
    I couldn’t find a 4pockets website.

On my iPad Air the red cursor bar only moves when playing. If I select the return to start button, or tap somewhere in the timeline the transport has moved to that position invisibly but the red bar doesn’t move there.

The VU meters also don’t move at all. The red peak indicator does work though.

iOS 12.5.3

Thanks,
    Phil

• I can’t get the loop snapshots working when using multitrack as an auv3 effect in aum. It works when used as an instrument. But in an auv3 insert slot it doesn’t seem to respond to midi. Can someone help with this?.

• @FatPhil said:
    Does anyone know where to report bugs for this app/plugin?
    I couldn’t find a 4pockets website.

On my iPad Air the red cursor bar only moves when playing. If I select the return to start button, or tap somewhere in the timeline the transport has moved to that position invisibly but the red bar doesn’t move there.

The VU meters also don’t move at all. The red peak indicator does work though.

iOS 12.5.3

Thanks,
    Phil

support @ 4pockets.com

• wimwim
    edited May 2021

@tahiche said:
    I can’t get the loop snapshots working when using multitrack as an auv3 effect in aum. It works when used as an instrument. But in an auv3 insert slot it doesn’t seem to respond to midi. Can someone help with this?.

Are you using "MultiTrack" or "MultiTrack MIDI"? You need the MultiTrack MIDI one.

• @tahiche said:
    I can’t get the loop snapshots working when using multitrack as an auv3 effect in aum. It works when used as an instrument. But in an auv3 insert slot it doesn’t seem to respond to midi. Can someone help with this?.

it works fine for me as an effect. as @wim said, you need to load the music effect flavor.

• edited May 2021

@wim said:

@tahiche said:

Are you using "MultiTrack" or "MultiTrack MIDI"? You need the MultiTrack MIDI one.

Ouch!. I’m pretty sure I’m using the bad one. Thanks!.
    One of those occasions where you get the basic first step wrong and spend an insane amount of time going in all directions but don’t even think about looking back.
    So helpful 🙌

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@GRiker said:

v1.19
    Added a new remote record on MIDI note G#2 and a delete last recording on note A2 to allow recording of loops on the fly.
    Exposed scheduled looping options C3-B4 as automation parameters so they can be mapped in AUM to external hardware.
    Exported the remote record and delete recording options to the automation parameters.
    Other minor fixes.
    Updated the help.

Brilliant! Thanks.

Where does one find this key switch reference PDF? I’m looking to see if there is a way to trigger remote loops on next bar as opposed to immediate or at end of loop.

• @soundtemple said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@GRiker said:

v1.19
    Other minor fixes.
    Updated the help.

Brilliant! Thanks.

Where does one find this key switch reference PDF? I’m looking to see if there is a way to trigger remote loops on next bar as opposed to immediate or at end of loop.

Hier. Tip o’ the hat to @GRiker

• edited September 2021

Glad to find this thread. Sorry if it has already been asked, but if the big thing I'm looking for it something to make it easier to copy/paste sections of tracks for a better arrangement, and I've started my song in AUM... should I buy CUBASIS 3? Or MultiTRack by 4 pockets.

I'm OK with the idea of having to pop out of AUM or close it, and then go to CUBASIS 3. But if a tool can do all that I need reliably and play seamlessly in the AUM workspace, maybe I should go with the MultiTrack or something else that is AUM-friendly.

Thoughts?

• @joegrant413 said:
    I'm OK with the idea of having to pop out of AUM or close it, and then go to CUBASIS 3. But if a tool can do all that I need reliably and play seamlessly in the AUM workspace, maybe I should go with the MultiTrack or something else that is AUM-friendly.

Unless you need a specific function only available in Cubasis, I'd go for 4Pockets MultiTrack. Like Cubasis it lets you copy and paste clips to rearrange you song. And it runs very nicely in AUM. And it is way cheaper than Cubasis.

I already had Cubasis (which I love) but later also bought MultiTrack as I like the way it integrates in AUM.

Have a look at this to see if it is for you:

• Is there a manual or help guide for the app? I just bought it and would like to have something to read through the functions.

Thanks

• @joegrant413 said:
    Is there a manual or help guide for the app? I just bought it and would like to have something to read through the functions.

Thanks

The buttons along the top of the timeline…
    The button at the far right, labeled as +.
    It has the Help in there.

• Found it! In the... "+" menu. Which has other important functions like Split.

IMO a different icon for that menu would make more sense. Plus signs are usually some kind of direct action, not a navigation.

Anyway, glad to see it.

Good night

• edited September 2021

I start to work with MultiTrack with AUM and experience many annoying drawbacks first when using multiples instance of MultiTrack and multi-bus I experience a lots of CPU spikes.
    Also if you the same sample on two tracks and play you will notice a kind of phaser chorus meaning that the two tracks are not tightly sync.
    I still use AUM but I use Audiolayer instead not perfect too but works better for me waiting for Loopy pro or Drambo when it handle direct to disk audio tracks or Multitrack to be debugged

• I was ready to buy this but the sale is over. You’d expect Labor Day Weekend sales to extend until the end of the long weekend…

• Is it possible to hide the mixer and just have a view of the tracks? When resizing the audio unit, it takes up too much space if you are using several at the same time.

• @robosardine said:
    Is it possible to hide the mixer and just have a view of the tracks? When resizing the audio unit, it takes up too much space if you are using several at the same time.

Sure, just scroll by swiping on the right or left hand side of the interface (the fake panels where the fake screws are).