Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is there an app that can combine midi files to create new music?

For example, take 10 similar midi files and create a new midi file by averaging the notes. Maybe it isn’t that easy?

Comments

• The Photon AU has a Groove function that uses midi tracks for timing, velocity etc. Not sure about note merging though.

• Good idea.
    No ready-made app that I know of.
    You could load the MIDI files into tracks of a MIDI sequencer (like Xequence 2) and set each track to a different MIDI channel. Then route all MIDI to a MIDI processor like MidiFire and write a script that does what you think should happen with the different MIDI notes playing at different times.
    An even more fun experiment could be to use Lemur as a MIDI processor with a lot of realtime control (faders, XY pads, knobs, knob matrices, scale selectors, custom displays etc) to control what's happening in real-time.

• Humm ...
    If you played all the files simultaneously through Cality, something like that would come out the other end, I think. It would be tweakable too.

Cality by Pagefall limited https://apps.apple.com/us/app/cality/id1448694455

• I remember Scalegen being used to create variations of a midi file. You can see it + Gestrument doing this from 2:00 in this video: