Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Visual Midi Translator

Hi all, I am suffering from mild GAS over the new launchpads and I am lucky enough to be going to one of the training sessions today.

I have a Novation circuit (and other midi-gear) but use it less than I might. What would be amazing would be an easy way to :

• Visually represent the circuit (or any other midi gear)
  • Programme the encoders/pads from the defaults to custom settings
  • Store settings per app using presets

Possibilities with limitations are:

• Mosaic (non custom layouts?)
  • Midi Designer (can you easily translate incoming and outgoing midi messages?)

I am reasonably comfortable with simple programming but I would love something which is visual, easy to maintain and to extend.

I am mainly using AUM in a semi-live fashion.
Thx!

Comments

• Midi designer has a version of StreamByter built in so it should be pretty simple to translate one midi note to another.

• I think midi designer would be the easiest route.
    If you have spare time you could try MobMuPlat and learn pure data .
    If you gain experience in pure data and design the GUI natively, then you gain cross platform
    (windows,OS X,Linux as VST ) ,Android and of coarse iOS.

• edited October 2019

Have a look at the Circuit templates for Liine Lemur.
    Might save you a lot of work.
    It can be extended big time, you can translate MIDI messages etc but Lemur requires some getting used to.
    https://liine.net/en/community/user-library/

• Many thanks all. Maybe it is a dream-I guess what I really want is a way to map hardware visually to exposed au parameters.
    I will put my thinking cap on.

• Midi Designer Pro and Lemur are good choices. The problem is neither has much of a preset system whereby you can have a control surface that has many saved sets of control values, and send all those values to a synth on loading the preset.

(Maybe Lemur does, I dunno, I keep being proven wrong about Lemur. :# )

• @kewtips said:
    Many thanks all. Maybe it is a dream-I guess what I really want is a way to map hardware visually to exposed au parameters.

If you want to remote-control Circuit knobs from your sequencer, you can just use its automation editor and send MIDI CCs.