Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AU Host that saves positions?

Does anyone know of an AUv3 host that allows you to position multiple units on screen and save that position to be loaded later. Playing live I'd like to be able to have a few open at a time and be able to quickly switch between different windows where I've already positions the Units I'm going to use.

I have AUM currently and while it hosts and routes great, but the AUs just load in the foreground so there's no way to set up a bunch and scroll/switch between them.

Thanks much!

Comments

• Maybe I should actually use Audiobus? Maybe loading each app fullscreen would work acceptably for my flow... though I'd rather have multiple units open at once.

• I don’t believe this exists. ZMors Modular, sort of, but I’ve never gotten it’s AU hosting to work / scale well.

You can use midi to being multiple apps to the foreground with a single command in AUN

• @quartzite said:
    Maybe I should actually use Audiobus? Maybe loading each app fullscreen would work acceptably for my flow... though I'd rather have multiple units open at once.

This is what works best for me. Yes it would be nice at times to see two apps at once, but I’ll take that over window diving any day. The ability to always switch apps with a press or two makes it livable.

Audiobus also allows you to bring apps to the front via midi command, or via Audiobus Remote from another device.

• ApeMatrix saves UI positions of AUs and hopefully AUM will get this at some point :smile:

• wimwim
    edited October 2019

You’re right. I forgot about that. And with three pages to flip between, that’s pretty close to the OP idea.

• @Carnbot ApeMatrix does pretty much what I wanted! After using iDensity I figured apematrix wouldn't support saving of AU location (and show/hide) but it does both!

@wim I think in some cases I still will end up using audiobus, it makes the most sense for things I do on my iPhone for example :)

Thanks to both of you!