Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mersenne 40 FREE Presets by Spidericemidas

2»

Comments

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Exquisite sounds! I had barely made it through a quick spin of all of the patches when I started banging out a new arrangement of a tune I had been struggling with for weeks--inspired by your patch called Gospel. It's funny because it's not one that caught my ear in my first run through but for some reason it just fits this chord sequence I've settled on. That's true collaboration! Thanks, @Spidericemidas.

That’s awesome! Glad to help! Always good to know if my sounds are useful and make it into anyone’s tracks. You’ll have to send me a link here when its finished so I can take a listen! 👊😃

• @Spidericemidas said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:
    I actually prefer patches that respond to velocity and/or have some random variation. It’s the way real instruments and objects behave and automatically makes it sound more natural and responsive if done tastefully.

Yeah I need to work velocity into my designs as the next step on the way to better sound design.

At the moment I don’t have any midi keyboard controllers for iPad, so it’s difficult to program velocity and judge the way a preset is behaving when played naturally on a keyboard.

But yeah, it’s definitely the next step I need to progress to. There’s some cool things can be done with velocity if implemented carefully, as you say. 😊🙏

You could use a MIDI app (e.g. StepBud) to create a sequence with a range of velocities to test how they effect your preset sounds while you’re designing them. In the meantime the Velocity Filter app does a good job of adding velocity control to those sounds. The sounds in this Mersenne set of presets sound great.

• @Spidericemidas said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Exquisite sounds! I had barely made it through a quick spin of all of the patches when I started banging out a new arrangement of a tune I had been struggling with for weeks--inspired by your patch called Gospel. It's funny because it's not one that caught my ear in my first run through but for some reason it just fits this chord sequence I've settled on. That's true collaboration! Thanks, @Spidericemidas.

That’s awesome! Glad to help! Always good to know if my sounds are useful and make it into anyone’s tracks. You’ll have to send me a link here when its finished so I can take a listen! 👊😃

Will do.

• @InfoCheck said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:
    I actually prefer patches that respond to velocity and/or have some random variation. It’s the way real instruments and objects behave and automatically makes it sound more natural and responsive if done tastefully.

Yeah I need to work velocity into my designs as the next step on the way to better sound design.

At the moment I don’t have any midi keyboard controllers for iPad, so it’s difficult to program velocity and judge the way a preset is behaving when played naturally on a keyboard.

But yeah, it’s definitely the next step I need to progress to. There’s some cool things can be done with velocity if implemented carefully, as you say. 😊🙏

You could use a MIDI app (e.g. StepBud) to create a sequence with a range of velocities to test how they effect your preset sounds while you’re designing them. In the meantime the Velocity Filter app does a good job of adding velocity control to those sounds. The sounds in this Mersenne set of presets sound great.

Hey that’s a great idea. I think I have StepBud, but I know I definitely have Atom which should also do velocity. I will give this a go!

Thanks for the suggestion! And, I will get a midi keyboard controller eventually! 😅🙏

• @Spidericemidas Thanks for all the time you’ve contributed to creating all the great sounds. Really grateful to you for it. Awesome.

• @Morgman73 said:
    @Spidericemidas Thanks for all the time you’ve contributed to creating all the great sounds. Really grateful to you for it. Awesome.

Many thanks for the kind words 😊🙏

• All the iFretless apps and Bismark bs-16i output velocity measured using the accelerometer.

• @Spidericemidas you are on Twitter!?! If so one can link you to spread the word of these amazing free sonic gifts of yours.

• @david_2017 said:
    @Spidericemidas you are on Twitter!?! If so one can link you to spread the word of these amazing free sonic gifts of yours.

Hey hey! I don’t have Twitter. No FB or IG either. Please feel free to copy and share the link further wherever you think appropriate. 👍

• there are a bunch of midi controller apps which support velocity eg xequence au keys

• @Spidericemidas thanks for the headsup... will do when I make use of them 👍🏼

• The internal AUM keyboard sends velocity based on y-axis. You can set the range in its settings.
    I think Apematrix and other hosts have velocity keyboards, too.

• playing with them now, @Spidericemidas ... thanks for all the patches you provide

• Wow! I mean, just wow!

These are great. Thank you so much. I hardly ever get any use out of Mersenne, but having quickly run through these, I can say definitely that I’ll not only be using them, but will be picking them apart to learn from.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. o:)

• @reasOne said:

@david_2017 said:
    Yep. It’s fixed. Great sounds @Spidericemidas and cool set of preset names 👊🏼😁 thank you so much for sharing mate! Your work is greatly appreciated!!!

Dope! I may grab this synth!!
    I’m looking at the new one tho as well lol

LaGrange is awesome, man!!

• Many thanks Sir Midas!

• @wim said:
    Wow! I mean, just wow!

These are great. Thank you so much. I hardly ever get any use out of Mersenne, but having quickly run through these, I can say definitely that I’ll not only be using them, but will be picking them apart to learn from.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. o:)

Now that’s what I like to hear! A bit of ‘reverse engineering’ is always good for studying others’ patches and learning new techniques for your own programming.

These patches might also make for good starting points to develop your own variations and new patches from.

This little exercise in getting to know Mersenne better, made me realise it is capable of doing a lot more than I initially thought. I think these patches are just a small portion of what can be done with Mersenne.

Have fun! 😋🎛🎚🎹

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Many thanks Sir Midas!

Golden! 😊🙏

• Excelent. Thanks for sharing.

• @fjcblanco said:
    Excelent. Thanks for sharing.

You’re welcome! 🕷

• Thank you Captain Spider!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Thank you Captain Spider!

Alriiiight!! 👊😃

There should be an ABF soundfest for LaGrange next! It’s huge and well deserving of attention from all the sound designers here!

• It really enhances the potential of these great synthesizers; thanks Spider