Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NS2 Update: LIVE ON IPHONE NOW

Comments

• I wish Audio Damage apps worked in full screen. They seem to be the only ones I could find that do not.

• This is quite usable on my phone (6s). It will come in handy when I don’t have my iPad around.

• edited October 2019

@ExAsperis99 said:
    So...it's in the app store in the US, but it wants to charge me $24.99. I own NS2 on iPad, and I updated. Anybody pull the plug yet? Wary of the @skiphunt cautionary tale....

Same for me. And I’m not getting the message that I already bought it.

I did buy it once, and refunded it (early on because it kept crashing on my iPad). Then I bought it again for real along with all the IAPs, so I’m wondering if that’s causing an issue.

I “bought” it again and will just wait to see if the charge goes through or not.

• @icsleepers said:

Curiosity got the better of me so I thought I’d download the iPhone version, but it’s asking me for the cash. Is it the case that if I first agree it will then tell me I already own it?

• @audio_DT said:

@icsleepers said:

Curiosity got the better of me so I thought I’d download the iPhone version, but it’s asking me for the cash. Is it the case that if I first agree it will then tell me I already own it?

Yup! It came up in the store for $24.99.... I clicked buy. I had to double click side button to purchase, and held my breathe and said "Well, worst case Matt gets paid again" but that message popped up that I posted here

• @icsleepers said:

@audio_DT said:

@icsleepers said:

Yup! It came up in the store for $24.99.... I clicked buy. I had to double click side button to purchase, and held my breathe and said "Well, worst case Matt gets paid again" but that message popped up that I posted here

God, I’m tempted now 🤞

• edited October 2019

@audio_DT said:
    God, I’m tempted now 🤞

Just talked to Apple. No charge for the “update” if you own the iPad version.

• You have to log into the App Store before it knows what your purchases are. I’m not sure how they could do it differently.

• wimwim
    edited October 2019

@anickt said:
    You have to log into the App Store before it knows what your purchases are. I’m not sure how they could do it differently.

Doesn't matter if you're logged in or not (I was definitely logged in). And they do know if you purchased it otherwise there would be no purchase history. No, it's just poor design on their part. Probably not a priority for them to do anything about it since they aren't making any additional money. :D

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    So...it's in the app store in the US, but it wants to charge me $24.99. I own NS2 on iPad, and I updated. Anybody pull the plug yet? Wary of the @skiphunt cautionary tale....

My tale has to do with a video effects app that I paid for a "full unlock" on my iPad install. It's universal. The dev didn't put a "restore purchases" button in there so I took a chance that the appstore would see I'd purchased it already. It didn't. No worries because they took care of it quickly, but this is the second time it's happened since going up to iOS13

• edited October 2019

Sale 50% off!

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/nanostudio-2/id1112601015

(Pie! Now I’m hungry..)
    ———-
    King

• @wim said:

@anickt said:
    You have to log into the App Store before it knows what your purchases are. I’m not sure how they could do it differently.

Doesn't matter if you're logged in or not (I was definitely logged in). And they do know if you purchased it otherwise there would be no purchase history. No, it's just poor design on their part. Probably not a priority for them to do anything about it since they aren't making any additional money. :D

I agree, it certainly could be handled better.

• So ... is the pie on sale or just the toppings?

I’m seeing $24.99 app price

• @Hmtx said:
    So ... is the pie on sale or just the toppings?

I’m seeing $24.99 app price

Toppings

• It shows that I need to buy it again on iPhone? For 12€.

• Whoa!!!

This is giving me flashbacks to NS1 on the iPod Touch and iPhone 5C...so small yet so functional!
    Just installed it and already tapped out a few quick loops.

With NS2 and Group The Loop both going universal it's like the holidays came early this year.

• @dendy said:
    It was not just me, basically whole beta team somehow always tend to use more iPhone version than iPad - even throug we all have also various iPads :))) I don't know why, there is something with iPhone version, some "mojo".. maybe it's because i can easily access literally all control ps with just thumbs, don't know... I'm using both of course - iPhone and iPad, but simply iPhone version was somehow always closer to my heart :))

For me, reaching out for my iPad (or laptop) is usually tied to feeling hampered when doing the same task on iPhone. Otherwise the fact that it’s always in my pocket makes the iPhone my preferred device. I usually need some reason not to just do something on the phone.

I wonder if the mojo might just be that you testers haven’t found the NS2 iphone UX to hamper your workflow? Great workflow on anything pocket sized feels like voodoo to me!

• Great thing to wake up to!!
    Tip if you can’t search it in the App Store...airdrop the link from your iPad to yourself on iPhone and it’ll be there

• @ohwell said:
    I wonder if the mojo might just be that you testers haven’t found the NS2 iphone UX to hamper your workflow? Great workflow on anything pocket sized feels like voodoo to me!

Can't speak for others, but I'm very pleased with this UI on iPhone SE. It's spooky how accurate the touch controls are, even using my thumbs. It must be some of that mojo-enhancing voodoo included in the update :)

• wimwim
    edited October 2019

@Zaubrer said:
    It shows that I need to buy it again on iPhone? For 12€.

As mentioned previously. it will not charge you. Right at the end it will say you already paid and there is no charge.

[edit] see warning below about NanoStudio (the old version).

• WTKWTK
    edited October 2019

Just wanna say that I really think NS2 comes with one of the best compressors onboard. Visually and soundwise. Coming from desktop and this one nails it it. I really dig this one! And I have a lot...

• Make sure it's not nanostudio 1. I saw the same thing and realized it was ns 1. And it will charge you for that I believe.

@ExAsperis99 said:

• @WillieNegus said:
    How did this slip breaking news? Nice. Audio tracks by summer 2020?

Yosh! 😻🌈🚀

Re audio tracks, who knows... maybe 2092? 🤪

• This is predictably brilliant. NanoStudio has come home.

• DCJDCJ
    edited October 2019

Darn. Spectrum doesn’t show up full screen either. Would be nice to temporarily remove the top bar? Anyone else having plugins cutoff?

• @3sleeves said:
    Can't speak for others, but I'm very pleased with this UI on iPhone SE. It's spooky how accurate the touch controls are, even using my thumbs. It must be some of that mojo-enhancing voodoo included in the update :)

Agreed! For such a small amount of real estate, NS2 is quite good on the iPhone SE.

• @audio_DT said:

@icsleepers said:

@audio_DT said:

@icsleepers said:

God, I’m tempted now 🤞

It worked fine for me and I wasn’t charged again, although now off to get some IAPs

• @DCJ said:
    Darn. Spectrum doesn’t show up full screen either. Would be nice to temporarily remove the top bar? Anyone else having plugins cutoff?

Yup, these same two, iPhone XR. Only other one I tried was Tardigrain which seemed ok

• PARTY TIME <<<