Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Similar ModStep apps

Really lovin' the ModStep.
Just curious if there is anything else on the market, close to it ( workflow and specs )

Comments

• @Sergiu said:
    Really lovin' the ModStep.
    Just curious if there is anything else on the market, close to it ( workflow and specs )

Why do you ask? What are you missing?

• "Why do I ask?" :) That's a good one.
    Well, because different options brings different results

• I think it is it's own thing but another thing that is it's own thing is KRFT which lets you do cool midi shenanigans. Not sure if it will ever get updates but for the price it is totally worth trying.

• Thanks Audiogus...Ill take a look. So pretty much nothing else out there, close to ModStep> @AudioGus said:

I think it is it's own thing but another thing that is it's own thing is KRFT which lets you do cool midi shenanigans. Not sure if it will ever get updates but for the price it is totally worth trying.

• @Sergiu said:
    "Why do I ask?" :) That's a good one.
    Well, because different options brings different results

Beatmaker 3 has a lot of similarities in terms of MIDI patterns but it adds a much more powerful sampler, audio clips and tracks, great FX, audio slicing and the freedom to arrange in linear tracks too.

• Both BM3 and Zenbeat have clips-in-lanes. Zenbeat also has a "record-clips-to-timeline" function though. Both can load samples, and audio can be in the clips (unlike Modstep). Both can load AU instruments, though BM3 also can load IAA instruments. I think what is unclear in your question is what part you mean "similar". How close would "similar" be?

Having said all of that, if Modstep ticks all your boxes: great. Stick to it. I've had some great times with Modstep. I've also encountered some horrible bugs that couldn't be fixed. Modstep has a very specific workflow when it comes to doing things "backwards" compared to many other apps, but if that now is "forwards" for you, again: great.

• edited October 2019

I love ModStep. I don't know anything like it. There are rumors of an update but alas we wait. Until then, once you learn its quirks it perfectly great.

• Well. Modstep is basically an iOS Ableton. So Ableton will be right down your alley if you have a PC/Mac.

• Interesting. As much as I am a certifiable BM3 nut i would not really think it in similar terms to Modstep but I guess from a certain perspective it is. For me the juice of modstep is the ability change speed and pitch of midi clips super fast on the fly. Sure hope this shows up in BM3 one day.