Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2x ios things as wireless mic system for live sound?

I've seen some apps that purport to do wireless lav mics between to ios devices, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these in practice? Reliability, and latency are what I'm curious about, vs the real, dedicated belt pack systems. I would assume they would use bluetooth, but Wifi would be cool too, if it had less latency.

Got started thinking about this doing sound for a local theater production, where I could only borrow one real wireless mic, and could have used, like, 8.

There are some interesting, video specific apps, that record the audio from the lav mic (or mic in some earbuds) locally, and then dump the audio file to the camera person's device, after the fact, which seems like it would be reliable, and hifi. I was interested in the live sound aspect, though, and if the technology was there yet.