Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jam Up Pr XT - midi learn

edited February 2014 in General App Discussion

Looking for a little help...

The App description for Jam Up pro includes "midi learning and assignment". I assumed that meant I could use midi learn to route any controller to any stompbox or amp parameter. I can't however work out if this is possible or how it's done? The midi settings seem to be primarily on off toggles for various devices on fixed cc's and I can't see any option for midi learn. Am I missing something?

Comments

• Looks like pitch shift depth and Wah depth are the only ones directly assignable. The other affects are just toggles. Still, you can midi assign presets, which could allow you the ability to switch to different presets where the same affects have different settings.

• Thx, that's what it looks like to me which seems a little way off what I'd normally understand as midi learn. I may try the switching presets approach but I'd have preferred the expression of real time control. Still its a great App and even better with Bias integration.

Anyone know if any of the other guitar Apps have full midi learn and real time control of parameters?

• Looks like AmpKit does, but it haven't tried using it.

• Hey Skipp,
    I found a page with some relevant info below. Midi cc numbers etc.

http://www.douglas2000.com/jamup/jamupmidi.php

Could not find anything on the Positive Grid site though. Seems strange that they would have a page dedicated to midi use with their product.

• @martygras Many thanks for the link. It is slightly strange that midi is not mentioned in instructions for the App on the website. I presume the functionality is designed to sit with their foot controller which, if I remember correctly is only switches.

@funjunkie27 You're right, looks as if Ampkit will do the job I'm looking for. I used to use it all the time then gradually slipped over to Jam Up because of the interface and early AB. Now I just need to get my Zoom G3X to communicate with it!

• I just tried it and it responded to program changes 0-15, so that covers the banks and user presets. I'll just have to try to send different midi commands and see what I get.

The bluetooth pedals are fairly new and the midi functionality has been there since before those pedals though. I'll have to experiment when I have more time...

• edited February 2014

Amplitube does allow you to use midi learn for the effects pedals. Simply press down on the control and then send the midi cc from either external midi hardware or via an app using virtual midi. This midi functionality may require an IAP if you don't have iRig midi.

@Skipp said:

Thx, that's what it looks like to me which seems a little way off what I'd normally understand as midi learn. I may try the switching presets approach but I'd have preferred the expression of real time control. Still its a great App and even better with Bias integration.

Anyone know if any of the other guitar Apps have full midi learn and real time control of parameters?

• Thanks Paulinko. That actually sounds even easier than most midi learn processes. Did I miss that in the documentation or something? Argh.