Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SOLVED :) - New Launchpad Mini MK3 seems cool & working for iPads !

124»

Comments

• @AmpifyxNovation hi, I know, I know, another feature requests not on your support channel...

But could you consider these 2 things ? (nevermind, support for all apps is here... :D)

1. The brightness of the pads in LaunchpadX makes difficult to see what's loop is playing into Launchpad app, even blinking...
    2. In the mixer view, could you add at the bottom, so on the last pad a different color while a loop is actually playing. That would make things easier to see if you're using volume on the right track...

Ok, I'll ask also to your official support...
    Thanks for considering !

• @SMKArtist said:
    Novation Components has been Downloaded and installed on to my Windows 7 PC and guess what? It’s looking for a newer version of Windows. Gods Damn it!

All I wanted to do was play with the custom pads templates before I pack up this PC for good.

For anyone here who still does not get why I have bugged Novation about making iOS Apps for their controllers and other products let me share with you an example.

My band mate recently got himself a Roli Blocks Pad. He loves his desktop PC. This is a huge super powered work horse of a PC but you can’t take it to gigs with you.
    For our performance we only use iPad Pros. Anyhow, he had assembled this really complicated set up in AUM. He used the desktop app for his Roli to make it work on the channels in AUM he needed. So, we are at the performance site and during sound check he stumbled on to a problem and that problem impacted how his Roli was set up. Guess what, like, Novation, Roli is kind of oblivious to to the growing culture of mobile music production on iOS. Their own app, Noize, has all of this integrated functionality for their Roli Block and still didn’t think to include the Needed editor.

Anyhow my buddy figured something else out but it just was not what he planned nor wanted. Had Roli included the editor in Noize, this would have been an easy fix. But at the end of the evening he discovered that an independent developer had made a Roli Pads editor for iOS.

This segways to my closing point. Thankfully, there is a developer working on making an iOS app to make templates for these new LaunchPad Mini MK3 and LaunchPad X.

More on this soon...

@SMKArtist
    I'm pretty sure you can run Components on Android I was able to update my Circut from my phone for portability in the past. You could get a cheap second hand Windows Tablet for transfer purposes. I agree though it would be good if it worked on iOS. I pretty sure the problem is on iOS / ipad OS for browsers not something Novation can fix.

• edited November 2019

Yeah components does indeed work on Android. My phone worked for doing my own template and uploading it to my launchpad. But im not sure if it will work on every Android device. Also you'd need a powered hub.

• was wondering if anyone has used a usb y-splitter with a little usb battery to power external midi controllers i.e. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07ZYZTHG4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_TGlkEbKMMQMFS

would love a product that was a cable with integrated rechargeable battery to inject power. (because a hub with battery is messy and big)

• Novation is actively considering Components for iOS but need more interest in it to be able to make a decision to move forward. Let them know if you are interested by filing a support ticket!

/DMfan🇸🇪

• @DMfan which link, address, etc. should we use to file a ticket?

• @DMfan said:

Novation is actively considering Components for iOS but need more interest in it to be able to make a decision to move forward. Let them know if you are interested by filing a support ticket!

/DMfan🇸🇪

Own a LP Pro 3 would love components on iPad so ticket sent if we bombard them with requests who knows !

• Are there any other ways of assigning cc’s directly from iPad ? Mozaic script?

• @Sergiu said:
    Are there any other ways of assigning cc’s directly from iPad ? Mozaic script?

Mozaic or streambyter command can reinterpret/translate midi from any midi source if that is what you mean.

• Thank you spiegel, yes assigning each pad to a drum part/instr. when in user mode , not all of them are mapped to the controller

• @Sergiu said:

I've used MIDISynth Control before to change the settings on the LPM but it's $12.99 :# you can use the 3 day free trial though

• This might have been asked but does the Launchpad Mini use less power than LPX?

I have an LPX which needs a USB hub to work with 9.7 2016 iPad Pro.

• @auxmux said:
    This might have been asked but does the Launchpad Mini use less power than LPX?

I have an LPX which needs a USB hub to work with 9.7 2016 iPad Pro.

The Mini requires power through the dongle, it will light up but will not work with out it.

• Thanks , I’ll take a look!> @Antemode said:

@Sergiu said:

I've used MIDISynth Control before to change the settings on the LPM but it's $12.99 :# you can use the 3 day free trial though

• @Sergiu said:
    Thanks , I’ll take a look!> @Antemode said:

@Sergiu said:

Have you tried it with the Launchkey mini mk3?.

• I do not have the launchkey, just the launchpad mini mk3

• Just a small success story here:

I wanted a LP Mini, and planned to use it with a PUC+ to provide both power and connectivity through bluetooth midi, all portable and stuff. It didn't work! I tried different cables, extra power etc but no go.

Turns out for this to work one must go into the Bootloader mode (press User when starting the LP) turn off Mass Storage Device Mode (the yellow button fourth row, rightmost button) then boot pressing the bottommost rightmost blue button. After this it will happily eat the PUC+s batteries and send midi to the iPad wirelessly.

Well you also need an usb-to-micro-usb thing but still.