Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SOLVED :) - New Launchpad Mini MK3 seems cool & working for iPads !

Comments

• edited October 2019

@echoopera have you tried/are you able to control multiple instances of eg pulse with it, sorted in a 4 4x4 layout? If so, that’s real compelling...
    Have a bunch of hardware, but the only class compliant grid controller I have is Push, but I don’t think that’s gonna work, though maybe 🤔

• Is there anywhere some sort of comparison? I don’t find it. Only the old ones...

• Velocity sensitive on the pads for the X, not for the mini. I'd rather have the mini form factor, but not at the expense of velocity sensitivity. Seriously thinking about the X for Chrismas.

• edited October 2019

@bounce said:
    @echoopera have you tried/are you able to control multiple instances of eg pulse with it, sorted in a 4 4x4 layout? If so, that’s real compelling...
    Have a bunch of hardware, but the only class compliant grid controller I have is Push, but I don’t think that’s gonna work, though maybe 🤔

Yep. 4x4 on lower left is Midi Channel 1, and 4x4 on lower right is Midi Channel 2. Each channel is then assigned to the corresponding EG Pulse Channel in AUM.

32 Glorious velocity sensitive pads to beat make to👊🏼™️

Boom.

• @echoopera can you switch scales without connecting the launchpad to a PC like you can with the Pro ?

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    @echoopera can you switch scales without connecting the launchpad to a PC like you can with the Pro ?

Yeah. In Note mode you have access to 16 scales and root notes

• @AmpifyxNovation , it’s been confirmed that there is no browser on iOS that supports Components on line.

Please please please make having Components for iOS a top priority?

Whether it would be for musicians like me who have completely abandoned the desktop or more importantly for musicians who are on the road, traveling to different gigs or while at a gig with no access to a desktop, they could just simply make template changes where ever they are completely on their iPad.

It looks like that while Mini mk3 can only hold 3 settings and the X can only hold 4, if Components was opened on the background one could easily just keep accessing a personal library of other personal templates. Yes, another reason Components NEEDS to on iOS.

Here is another thought, why not make Components an in app purchase feature in Launchpad iOS app?
    I would gladly pay a little extra for that feature. Or make it a separate app one needs to buy?

Please @AmpifyxNovation make Components iOS accessible.

• @echoopera said:
    The X gives us 4 custom channels on device. So far it feels great to use with iOS.

True but let’s try to ask to get Components on iOS.

What a drag. You’re out some place, with your new mini mk3 and your iPad, inspired over a cup of coffee and you get a new idea for a killer layout to control your synth and AUM. But youre at a coffeehouse enjoying your work. Doesn’t suck that in order to make a new template you have to wait till you get home to visit your desktop or lap top to do so? Or wait you’re actually going to drag your laptop with you just to have access to Components?

I dont know if @AmpifyxNovation is the proper resource or channel to get this app made/converted for iOS. But we should keep beating the drum to get a a proper iOS version of Components at least for the new Launchpads.

These new Launchpads are so damn awesome but its a complete shame that there is no way to change settings, templates, layouts on iOS. HUGE oversight IMHO.

• Yeah would be nice...but I definitely don’t regret the purchase. It’s great with iOS.

• @echoopera That’s wild. Thanks

• I own a launchpad pro. I honestly hope we get components for that. That being said if the mini can indeed switch scales without needing a pc I'm literally going to go buy one right now. That tiny footprint more than makes up for lacking all the stuff my pro has....

• edited October 2019

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    I own a launchpad pro. I honestly hope we get components for that. That being said if the mini can indeed switch scales without needing a pc I'm literally going to go buy one right now. That tiny footprint more than makes up for lacking all the stuff my pro has....

I have the X. Not sure about the features of the Mini.

Here’s the manual for the mini mk3:
    https://customer.novationmusic.com/sites/customer/files/downloads/Launchpad Mini - User Guide.pdf

• @echoopera said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    I own a launchpad pro. I honestly hope we get components for that. That being said if the mini can indeed switch scales without needing a pc I'm literally going to go buy one right now. That tiny footprint more than makes up for lacking all the stuff my pro has....

https://customer.novationmusic.com/sites/customer/files/downloads/Launchpad Mini - User Guide.pdf

You cannot switch scales on the mini, It doesn’t have the scale mode that is on the X....I think the scale mode on X may be the extra one that it has over the mini.....if you want different scales then you need to use different custom modes, each setup differently.

The mini has 3 custom pads you can use, by default one is setup as chromatic keys, another 4 x 4 x 4 drum grids and a blank one.

• @SMKArtist said:

@echoopera said:
    The X gives us 4 custom channels on device. So far it feels great to use with iOS.

True but let’s try to ask to get Components on iOS.

What a drag. You’re out some place, with your new mini mk3 and your iPad, inspired over a cup of coffee and you get a new idea for a killer layout to control your synth and AUM. But youre at a coffeehouse enjoying your work. Doesn’t suck that in order to make a new template you have to wait till you get home to visit your desktop or lap top to do so? Or wait you’re actually going to drag your laptop with you just to have access to Components?

I dont know if @AmpifyxNovation is the proper resource or channel to get this app made/converted for iOS. But we should keep beating the drum to get a a proper iOS version of Components at least for the new Launchpads.

These new Launchpads are so damn awesome but its a complete shame that there is no way to change settings, templates, layouts on iOS. HUGE oversight IMHO.

Components is developed by Novation and not @AmpifyxNovation, you should contact Novation to request it. And yes, the more requests they receive, the more chance there would be for it happening, although it isn’t quite as simple to implement as some people are suggesting it may be.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@echoopera said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

You cannot switch scales on the mini, It doesn’t have the scale mode that is on the X....I think the scale mode on X may be the extra one that it has over the mini.....if you want different scales then you need to use different custom modes, each setup differently.

The mini has 3 custom pads you can use, by default one is setup as chromatic keys, another 4 x 4 x 4 drum grids and a blank one.

Well. That clinched it for me. Grabbed the X. It's pads are so much smoother than my pro. Now that I have this for traditional scale modes etc I'm going to run some custom sequencer firmwares on my pro.

• @SpookyZoo said:

Good stuff! Yeah, it's the Widgets on the custom pages that have definitely piqued my interest. Do the minis have 4 custom pages like the X?

Have confirmed there are 3 custom modes on the mini, you get the default drums and keys modes and a user mode, you can customise each of these pages with components.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@SpookyZoo said:

Good stuff! Yeah, it's the Widgets on the custom pages that have definitely piqued my interest. Do the minis have 4 custom pages like the X?

Have confirmed there are 3 custom modes on the mini, you get the default drums and keys modes and a user mode, you can customise each of these pages with components.

Thanks Andy, good to know.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@echoopera said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

Yes the there is a scale mode on the X that is not on the mini, BUT, is that scale mode only for when you use the X for Abelton Live?

• edited October 2019

@SMKArtist said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@echoopera said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

Yes the there is a scale mode on the X that is not on the mini, BUT, is that scale mode only for when you use the X for Abelton Live?

No. Scale mode on X is available in stand alone with iPad. Using it now in NanoStudio 2. :)

• @echoopera said:

No. Scale mode on X is available in stand alone with iPad. Using it now in NanoStudio 2. :)

I have a Launchpad Pro, but that new X just looks so lovely and ‘playable’.

Think I may visit the Novation London popup store next week and try one out.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@echoopera said:

Watch out...you will fall for it like a warm plate of pancakes and syrup...so sweeeeeeet :)

• @echoopera said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@echoopera said:

Watch out...you will fall for it like a warm plate of pancakes and syrup...so sweeeeeeet :)

How have you connected both devices? In the pic it looks like 2 different leads?

• edited October 2019

@SpookyZoo said:

@echoopera said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@echoopera said:

How have you connected both devices? In the pic it looks like 2 different leads?

I have the LP-X and LKminiMK3 doing keys entry of course. I love the ARP and Fixed Chords function on the mk3 :)

• edited October 2019

@echoopera said:

I have the LP-X and LKminiMK3 doing keys entry of course. I love the ARP and Fixed Chords function on the mk3 :)![]

So are they connected to a hub /USB host?

Nice compact setup btw. Damn that X looks tasty!

• edited October 2019

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@echoopera said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

Well. That clinched it for me. Grabbed the X. It's pads are so much smoother than my pro. Now that I have this for traditional scale modes etc I'm going to run some custom sequencer firmwares on my pro.

Are you able to use both the Launchpads, X & Pro together in Ableton?

It'd be a nice set up to have the Pro for the clip launching and session controls, and then the X as a playing surface.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@echoopera said:

I have the LP-X and LKminiMK3 doing keys entry of course. I love the ARP and Fixed Chords function on the mk3 :)![]

Yeah. Using an Anker USB Hub. I really like the feel of the pads.

• edited October 2019

@echoopera said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@echoopera said:

Yeah. Using an Anker USB Hub. I really like the feel of the pads.

I'm curious. Is there a list of scales somewhere ? Not sure the list for the pro will translate since the pro has 32 scales versus the X.

@SpookyZoo said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@echoopera said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

Are you able to use both the Launchpads, X & Pro together in Ableton?

It'd be a nice set up to have the Pro for the clip launching and session controls, and then the X as a playing surface.

I used to use the pro alongside my original launchpad running that push emulator script. Prime95 ? Can't remember it but I'm pretty sure it should work. I won't be able to test it till I get back to India on the 14th of November....

• Nervermind. Did some digging around. It's probably using the same list as the circuit.

• edited October 2019

Pushed the button! :)