Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Novation new Launchpads!

Comments

• I’m sure they’re both better than the predecessors but to be the old ones are just as pretty.

• WOW. Judging by components, you can make up your own midi layout with different widgets.

This looks ultra cool!!!

• edited October 2019

Although, unfortunately it doesn't look like you can have VERTICAL faders and keyboards on the same layout as they're each a fixed '8 pad' length and cannot overlap.

EDIT: Obviously this is where the horizontal faders come into play. :)

• Looking good.....and having some control via components will make these infinitely more usable with iOS as we won't be reliant on the apps providing mapping and feedback :)

• Will this come handy for iOS production? Or is it only for live useful?

• @david_2017 said:
    Will this come handy for iOS production? Or is it only for live useful?

+1 I only use my iPad and would definitely be interested in this if it improves things for me. I currently use the KORG NanoStudio and the Korg one with buttons, whose name I forget just now. Not that keen on either, though, so would consider updating to novation if it was worth it. Anyone?

• @audio_DT said:

@david_2017 said:

+1 I only use my iPad and would definitely be interested in this if it improves things for me. I currently use the KORG NanoStudio and the Korg one with buttons, whose name I forget just now. Not that keen on either, though, so would consider updating to novation if it was worth it. Anyone?

Don't know how 'deep' the config goes at this stage so cannot really say...but my initial reaction is that these will be awesome, I have an LP MKII and love it, but with iOS the only proper integration comes from the LP app....being able to configure it yourself (albeit needing a Mac or PC) means it will be a lot more usable on iOS.

I cannot say for sure, but from what I can tell so far, you could have 4...4x4 grids displayed, and confirgure those to control 4..4x4 grids in BM3...for example.....
    Or, having the top row configured to switch apps in AUM...and to be able to have the pads coloured to your liking to show which app will appear.....

For now the possibilities seem endless....I will want to get my hands on one to be sure though.

• No, there is one app (I forgot the name) that will enable the LP to be a MIDI controller with notes like the LP Pro. It’s not that expensive. I think it was around 3 bucks or so. Maybe someone knows it.
    I know for sure that perplexON has it in use in some of his videos with LP

@AndyPlankton said:

@audio_DT said:

@david_2017 said:

Don't know how 'deep' the config goes at this stage so cannot really say...but my initial reaction is that these will be awesome, I have an LP MKII and love it, but with iOS the only proper integration comes from the LP app....being able to configure it yourself (albeit needing a Mac or PC) means it will be a lot more usable on iOS.

I cannot say for sure, but from what I can tell so far, you could have 4...4x4 grids displayed, and confirgure those to control 4..4x4 grids in BM3...for example.....
    Or, having the top row configured to switch apps in AUM...and to be able to have the pads coloured to your liking to show which app will appear.....

For now the possibilities seem endless....I will want to get my hands on one to be sure though.

• edited October 2019

Can these be set up like velocity keyboard? Or Geoshred? Do they work well in that scenario?

• @david_2017 said:
    No, there is one app (I forgot the name) that will enable the LP to be a MIDI controller with notes like the LP Pro. It’s not that expensive. I think it was around 3 bucks or so. Maybe someone knows it.

Apps called GridInstrument

I hope the components editing options are available on older Launchpads too...

These are USB C so I would need a new USB C powered hub to use these with IOS.

The other big question is... can they be powered by TE OPZ...?

• @audiobussy said:

Can these be set up like velocity keyboard? Or Geoshred? Do they work well in that scenario?

The Launchpad X has a native scale mode much like the Launchpad Pro....with the Mini you can configure the User mode to be scales....I've no idea what different note layouts you can do on the mini as yet.

• edited October 2019

@no1normal said:

They said it's released with a USB-C (on the MK3) to USB-A cable , so I guess it's fully powered with an actual USB 2 Hub (as with the previous MK1 and MK2)

• @SpookyZoo said:
    WOW. Judging by components, you can make up your own midi layout with different widgets.

This looks ultra cool!!!

Could you tell me where you can download the editor ? Also to check (but really doubt it) if it's recognized in some ways with the MK1 and MK2 version...

• @crony said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    WOW. Judging by components, you can make up your own midi layout with different widgets.

This looks ultra cool!!!

Could you tell me where you can download the editor ? Also to check (but really doubt it) if it's recognized in some ways with the MK1 and MK2 version...

I doubt the older Launchpads will get this Editor functionality.

It does seem that all of their products are getting a new branding and functionality with the Components site. (Editor)

https://components.novationmusic.com

• edited October 2019

If I’m right in reading the mini MK3 has polyphonic aftertouch, then that’s a great value accessory for supported hardware at £99.\

I watched a video with misleading info. Shame.

• Thanks for the link :)
    ATM seems the MK3 does not work on iPad...Maybe it needs a new firmware, hopefully...

• Im sorry does someone have the link where you can use it a sequencer/piano roll as well?

• @no1normal said:

@david_2017 said:
    No, there is one app (I forgot the name) that will enable the LP to be a MIDI controller with notes like the LP Pro. It’s not that expensive. I think it was around 3 bucks or so. Maybe someone knows it.

Thanks all. It does look good but I'll obviously have to wait to see if it's compatible with iOS. I've got a 2018 iPad Pro so the USB-C should work straight out of the box if it is compatible. Here's hoping!

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Im sorry does someone have the link where you can use it a sequencer/piano roll as well?

Dont think its a sequencer

• @crony said:
    Thanks for the link :)
    ATM seems the MK3 does not work on iPad...Maybe it needs a new firmware, hopefully...

@audio_DT said:

@no1normal said:

@david_2017 said:

Thanks all. It does look good but I'll obviously have to wait to see if it's compatible with iOS. I've got a 2018 iPad Pro so the USB-C should work straight out of the box if it is compatible. Here's hoping!

I’ll eat my hat if the mini doesn’t work with the iPad....and that hat is very old, and has a slightly acrid smell to it. :grimace:

• @AndyPlankton said:

@crony said:
    Thanks for the link :)

@audio_DT said:

@no1normal said:

@david_2017 said:

I’ll eat my hat if the mini doesn’t work with the iPad....and that hat is very old, and has a slightly acrid smell to it. :grimace:

Ha! We'll see. I'll be after the 'x', if it works. But I've not used one before so will have to figure out to what extent it will be more useful than more Korg Nanokey (which only partially works now).

• The X looks great, if those pads are similar to Launchkey Mini 3 then it’s going to be very expressive.

Nice prices on these things!

• As an inherently cheap person, my first thought is definitely, Oh, I be the earlier versions will be dirt cheap now! When really, by first thought should be, Is this useful outside of being a poor-man's Ableton Push?

• edited October 2019

@ExAsperis99 said:
    As an inherently cheap person, my first thought is definitely, Oh, I be the earlier versions will be dirt cheap now! When really, by first thought should be, Is this useful outside of being a poor-man's Ableton Push?

I don’t think so ... especially in iOS beside Ampify apps .
    Unless the devs implement some scripting ,so users can do the ‘dirty’ job , those controllers will never integrate with apps such Zenbeats, BeatMaker, Modstep etc

• I also see that you can assign program change but not bank select... :(

• Can you capture ‘scenes’ on these (in Ableton Live). Or, do you still need to use your computer keyboard?
    Shoot, thought by now they would have integrated a page dedicated to ‘snapshots’ ...

• Also seems not bi-directional controller and the advanced midi implementation linked in the actual manual is not yet online.