Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

McD’s “Airlock Requiem” Revisited / SwarPlug Ravanhattha, Israj

edited October 2019 in Creations

@McD’s Classic ambient track with an added Ravanhattha and Israj lead line by me.

Comments

• That takes me back. Thanks for the memories.

• edited October 2019

Dug it.👌🏾

I’d like to take a stab at ambient but my soul yearns for some sort of percussion or drum to cling too. Is it difficult for you’s to resist or is it just a me thing?

• @WillieNegus said:
    Dug it.👌🏾

I’d like to take a stab at ambient but my soul yearns for some sort of percussion or drum to cling too. Is it difficult for you’s to resist or is it just a me thing?

The ambient backing track was made using some generative sequencing apps (Stravinski, Polyphase) with a BPM set to 20. I could never find the patience to play something so
    un-rhythmic either.

I was finding the creative part was sending the MIDI streams through the AUM transposer functions to generate really low bass notes using the Platinum Pure Synth presets (or maybe Bassalicious 2).

I think I set everything up and then just hot record and came back 5 minutes later and created a fade out before stopping the clock.

The fun is in the set up and then listening to the results to see how it feels. It's like music
    that you've never heard before but you did make the design choices so you get some sense of ownership. It must be something similar to what the architect feels when the building is done. You didn't do most of the work but you're in the final edifice.

• @McD said:

@WillieNegus said:
    Dug it.👌🏾

The ambient backing track was made using some generative sequencing apps (Stravinski, Polyphase) with a BPM set to 20. I could never find the patience to play something so
    un-rhythmic either.

I was finding the creative part was sending the MIDI streams through the AUM transposer functions to generate really low bass notes using the Platinum Pure Synth presets (or maybe Bassalicious 2).

I think I set everything up and then just hot record and came back 5 minutes later and created a fade out before stopping the clock.

The fun is in the set up and then listening to the results to see how it feels. It's like music
    that you've never heard before but you did make the design choices so you get some sense of ownership. It must be something similar to what the architect feels when the building is done. You didn't do most of the work but you're in the final edifice.

Sold. Looks like I may finally hop on the AUM train after all. Admittedly, I couldnt see the point in all the midi generative stuff but I like how you approach it. The architect analogy sounds about right.👌🏾

• @WillieNegus said:
    Sold. Admittedly, I couldnt see the point in all the midi generative stuff but I like how you approach it.

For ambient, I think the free Stravinski is my favorite but for anyone seeking a more repetitive and editable app I think Riffer is the most musical and the "randomize" roll the dice control is very effective. (They just added a sample based tool (no MIDI out) too).

Autony, Polyphase, Fugue Machine are all in the top tier for me.

I can see a "playfellow" where you generate something (in any style) and record it in AUM.
    Them import the audio into audio share and chop out some loops for the loop-based DAW paradigms where the drums and bass lines get perfected.

• Go for the ambience, @WillieNegus. Will do you good, bro.