Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Eventide Blackhole vs TB Reverb

Ok, I've got a birthday coming up and thought I'd treat myself to some new apps. I've been eyeing Blackhole for a while but I'm still not sure if it would give me anything that TB Reverb (which I already have and use on all my tracks) doesn't.

So, I'm turning to the forum for help. What can I do with Blackhole that I can't do with TB Reverb?

Comments

• @lasselu said:
    Ok, I've got a birthday coming up and thought I'd treat myself to some new apps. I've been eyeing Blackhole for a while but I'm still not sure if it would give me anything that TB Reverb (which I already have and use on all my tracks) doesn't.

So, I'm turning to the forum for help. What can I do with Blackhole that I can't do with TB Reverb?

There has been a "banquet of reverbs" recently. TB is definitely the most effect use of $'s for my money and I bought them all. Blackhole is essential for taking audio into another dimension which most would term "ambient" but it's essentially music that wants to avoid realism and create alternative environments where sound morph overtime. If that's your thing or if you'd like to experiment with that approach you'd love owning it.

What other types of musical content do you want to experiment with? There's a lot of app content out there beyond Reverb FX.

We are now entering the phase of new interesting Drum Apps getting ready for the eventual release of the app no one will stop writing about and a few can actually test in beta.

• In broad terms, TB is really versatile, it is more a traditional reverb but it can also be used to do some experiments, Blackhole is more for sound manipulation and experimentation. Great for ambient music. I think they can live together in anyone's arsenal.

• A lot of discussions before in the forum. Use the search!

• Both are cool, tb is more general use like a Swiss Army knife of reverbs and a Blackhole is more novelty like but also great sounding. I use Blackhole on my guitar a lot to drift on out to the Andromeda

• @lasselu said:

There are a lot of audio examples of Blackhole that have been posted on YouTube. Check them out and see if those are sounds you need in your arsenal.

• Another option is to try out their desktop versions; they have demos.

• Is there some kind of AUv3 Parameter issue with Blackhole still?

• Both are awesome but Blackhole is on sale now, so if you'll inevitably end up with both... :wink:

• @oddSTAR said:
    Both are awesome but Blackhole is on sale now, so if you'll inevitably end up with both... :wink:

Yeah, well, I just did... :) Based on McDs comment about ambient music which is what I usually make...
    Thanks for all comments.