Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Request new Mozaic Scripts *HERE*

12728303233

Comments

  • @wim said:

    @Tatobx said:

    Why do you have the notes arranged as you do in the picture above?

    Because in the LaunchKey Mini MK3 the notes of the pads are arranged like this.
    Also, the Preset knob should be replaced with the noteOFF velocity knob.
    If you are thinking of getting your hands on this then thank you very much

  • If it helps, on Patchstorage has a script for MK2 that works in a similar, but more complete way, because it allows you to divide the pads into groups and assign parameters per group. But the MK2 works differently and on different notes and this can complicate things. Only if it can be from inspiration.
    https://patchstorage.com/launchkey-helper/

  • wimwim
    edited January 9

    Hi @Tatobx - I figured it would be easier to modify from my own start than to dig into someone else's code. Here's something. I can't test if it works or not other than to verify the knobs work and what looks like the right notes are sent.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/rcewu039j64axqz/LaunchKey Mini MK3.mozaic?dl=0

  • @wim said:
    Hi @Tatobx - I figured it would be easier to modify from my own start than to dig into someone else's code. Here's something. I can't test if it works or not other than to verify the knobs work and what looks like the right notes are sent.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/rcewu039j64axqz/LaunchKey Mini MK3.mozaic?dl=0

    Thanks Wim it works perfectly, just what I wanted, the group function is the cherry on the cake.
    This is really great !!
    If there is a way to repay I would be happy (link to PayPal, buy something on BandCamp, etc.)?
    It is only necessary to clarify in the notes that the “Flash“ mode works so that the color of the noteON is there only when the pad is pressed, releasing the pad returns the color of the noteOFF.
    Have you thought about putting it on Patchstorage? I think it is useful to all Launchkey Mini MK3 owners because there is no specific editor on iOS while the editor for mac/pc does not allow such in-depth customization. As soon as you post it on patchstorage I will also report it on a specific thread here on the forum.
    Thanks again very much

  • @Tatobx said:

    @wim said:
    Hi @Tatobx - I figured it would be easier to modify from my own start than to dig into someone else's code. Here's something. I can't test if it works or not other than to verify the knobs work and what looks like the right notes are sent.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/rcewu039j64axqz/LaunchKey Mini MK3.mozaic?dl=0

    Thanks Wim it works perfectly, just what I wanted, the group function is the cherry on the cake.
    This is really great !!
    If there is a way to repay I would be happy (link to PayPal, buy something on BandCamp, etc.)?
    It is only necessary to clarify in the notes that the “Flash“ mode works so that the color of the noteON is there only when the pad is pressed, releasing the pad returns the color of the noteOFF.
    Have you thought about putting it on Patchstorage? I think it is useful to all Launchkey Mini MK3 owners because there is no specific editor on iOS while the editor for mac/pc does not allow such in-depth customization. As soon as you post it on patchstorage I will also report it on a specific thread here on the forum.
    Thanks again very much

    Sure, I can put it up on patch storage if you think it would be useful for others. I didn't do so because I'm not able to test it. If you say it works though, I'll take your word for it. ;)

    Don't worry about compensation. It didn't take long, and Mozaic scripting is something I do just for fun anyway.

  • @wim said:

    Sure, I can put it up on patch storage if you think it would be useful for others. I didn't do so because I'm not able to test it. If you say it works though, I'll take your word for it. ;)

    Don't worry about compensation. It didn't take long, and Mozaic scripting is something I do just for fun anyway.

    Yes, it works great and would be useful for all MK3 owners. For a color chart, refer to the Launchpad Programmer's Guide on page 12.
    Thanks again

    https://fael-downloads-prod.focusrite.com/customer/prod/s3fs-public/downloads/Launchpad%20X%20-%20Programmers%20Reference%20Manual.pdf#page12

  • @wim said:
    OK @Tatobx, I uploaded it to patch storage: https://patchstorage.com/launchkey-mk3-utility/

    Great , I have reported on another thread

  • hello ~

    i recently played with this http://www.s-n-d.com/acme4e_a.html in a setup with different hardware drummachines and sequencers.

    I’m pretty sure this is something achievable in mozaic , basically i’m interested in a clock manipulator
    With simillar functions to acme’s hardware


    Generates 4 separate clock streams

    • Each clock stream has its individual MIDI output. 2 streams also generate 24-ppq signals (“Roland sync”), while the other 2 provide clock and reset signals for analog sequencers and arpeggiators.
    • Each clock stream can be time-shifted in relation to the master clock, in extremely small increments as well as in 16th-note steps. The fine shift, too, follows tempo changes.
    • In addition a constant fine offset can be set for each clock stream to allow compensation of technical latencies.
    • Each clock stream can be set to double or half tempo, and can be turned on and off without loosing synchronicity.
    • A swing or shuffle factor can be set individually for each clock stream. The swing pattern can be the same for all 4 streams, or it can be a different one for each. A software editor for these patterns is included.
    • All functions have dedicated controls, so they can be "played" without staring at a display and poking around in submenus. Calibrated center clicks on all pots allow instant nulling.
    • Complete settings of all controls can be stored and recalled. All parameters can be remote controlled via MIDI.

    Before diving in mozaic to learn , is it possible to have this type of setup running into AUM or AB , were a mozaic patch could control the clock of different instruments loaded , add shifts in time and different swing patterns ?

    Thanks

  • edited January 13

    @don_turbulente said:
    hello ~

    i recently played with this http://www.s-n-d.com/acme4e_a.html in a setup with different hardware drummachines and sequencers.

    I’m pretty sure this is something achievable in mozaic , basically i’m interested in a clock manipulator
    With simillar functions to acme’s hardware


    Generates 4 separate clock streams

    • Each clock stream has its individual MIDI output. 2 streams also generate 24-ppq signals (“Roland sync”), while the other 2 provide clock and reset signals for analog sequencers and arpeggiators.
    • Each clock stream can be time-shifted in relation to the master clock, in extremely small increments as well as in 16th-note steps. The fine shift, too, follows tempo changes.
    • In addition a constant fine offset can be set for each clock stream to allow compensation of technical latencies.
    • Each clock stream can be set to double or half tempo, and can be turned on and off without loosing synchronicity.
    • A swing or shuffle factor can be set individually for each clock stream. The swing pattern can be the same for all 4 streams, or it can be a different one for each. A software editor for these patterns is included.
    • All functions have dedicated controls, so they can be "played" without staring at a display and poking around in submenus. Calibrated center clicks on all pots allow instant nulling.
    • Complete settings of all controls can be stored and recalled. All parameters can be remote controlled via MIDI.

    Before diving in mozaic to learn , is it possible to have this type of setup running into AUM or AB , were a mozaic patch could control the clock of different instruments loaded , add shifts in time and different swing patterns ?

    Thanks

    In general, precise timing from computer (no matter what OS) is tricky. Computers can always reach a CPU peak, deprioritize process etc and you end up with wrong timing. Not sure if it's the transmission outside over USB/whatever interface, but obviously people have a lot of issues with syncing hardware with iOS and from what I remember, this was always not ideal also in desktop world. Your experience may vary, but that's a disclaimer that nothing is guaranteed, before you dive into such solution.
    Other than that, good news is that you can generate MIDI clock signal in Mozaic. Also seems like all the features should be scriptable in Mozaic. I'd maybe recommend having multiple Mozaic instances for each clock stream, maybe even loading the exactly same script and you'll just provide some setup via knobs/buttons etc to customize the specific stream.
    The issue I see that you'd need multiple MIDI outputs on your audio/MIDI interface and I believe such thing exists, just not sure if it's supported by any AU host on iOS. This is something I'd rather research. The thing is that MIDI clock messages do not use channels, so you can't send multiple streams on separate channel, so they'll mix up. But maybe if you have a device with multiple MIDI outputs, they'll just simply show up in e.g. AUM as separate MIDI outputs, who knows...

    If you just want to save the money but otherwise you'd be OK with the hardware you posted, I'd honestly rather bought the hardware :smiley: It's not a trivial task, even if you're an experienced programmer and know MIDI well, I am afraid to achieve the same result as the hardware it'll take you at least weeks (more likely months) of full time dedication.
    If you want to have a complete control over the functionality and you feel like this could be a side project that you'll enjoy, then go for it. Just research the multi-MIDI-output device and how it plays with some AU host that can host Mozaic.

  • @wim said:
    OK @Tatobx, I uploaded it to patch storage: https://patchstorage.com/launchkey-mk3-utility/

    Hi wim, is there a reason why if I load this script to Mozaic AU in Drambo I don't get any notes out? Does not receive on channel 10. If I remove the filter on the script (from “ if MIDIChannel = 9” to “ if MIDIChannel = 0”) the script works, but I can't send the notes from the MK3 pads which send on channel 10.
    Could it be a Mozaic error that if loaded as AU in Drambo it only receives on channel 1?
    In AUM or loaded with MidiFire it works very well
    Thanks

  • @Tatobx said:

    @wim said:
    OK @Tatobx, I uploaded it to patch storage: https://patchstorage.com/launchkey-mk3-utility/

    Hi wim, is there a reason why if I load this script to Mozaic AU in Drambo I don't get any notes out? Does not receive on channel 10. If I remove the filter on the script (from “ if MIDIChannel = 9” to “ if MIDIChannel = 0”) the script works, but I can't send the notes from the MK3 pads which send on channel 10.
    Could it be a Mozaic error that if loaded as AU in Drambo it only receives on channel 1?
    In AUM or loaded with MidiFire it works very well
    Thanks

    You can check by putting adding a line to the script to log the midi channel of received notes.

  • Hi, sorry, I don't think Mozaic is the right tool for this.

    @don_turbulente said:
    Generates 4 separate clock streams

    • Each clock stream has its individual MIDI output. 2 streams also generate 24-ppq signals (“Roland sync”), while the other 2 provide clock and reset signals for analog sequencers and arpeggiators.
      ...

    • Each clock stream can be set to double or half tempo, and can be turned on and off without loosing synchronicity.

    • A swing or shuffle factor can be set individually for each clock stream. The swing pattern can be the same for all 4 streams, or it can be a different one for each. A software editor for these patterns is included.

    Mozaic can only send one clock stream out per instance. Midi clock doesn't use midi channels, and Mozaic doesn't have multiple midi ports. There's only one midi stream out of Mozaic, so there's no way to separate the clock streams. You would need multiple instances.

    You can't send clock from one AUv3 to another. So, this would work only for external hardware and for standalone apps that follow midi clock. Also, this would only work for hosts that pass midi clock out. AUM does. I'm not sure about Audiobus (it sends clock, but I'm not sure if it sends it from a plugin hosted inside it.

    • Each clock stream can be time-shifted in relation to the master clock, in extremely small increments as well as in 16th-note steps. The fine shift, too, follows tempo changes.
    • In addition a constant fine offset can be set for each clock stream to allow compensation of technical latencies.

    Timing resolution in Mozaic is 1ms. That isn't enough for this purpose.

    • All functions have dedicated controls, so they can be "played" without staring at a display and poking around in submenus. Calibrated center clicks on all pots allow instant nulling.

    The closest Mozaic comes to "centered clicks" is double-tapping on a knob resets it to 64.

    • Complete settings of all controls can be stored and recalled. All parameters can be remote controlled via MIDI.

    This is doable but somewhat advanced programming-wise.

    Before diving in mozaic to learn , is it possible to have this type of setup running into AUM or AB , were a mozaic patch could control the clock of different instruments loaded , add shifts in time and different swing patterns ?

    No, I'm afraid not.

  • wimwim
    edited January 13

    @Tatobx said:

    @wim said:
    OK @Tatobx, I uploaded it to patch storage: https://patchstorage.com/launchkey-mk3-utility/

    Hi wim, is there a reason why if I load this script to Mozaic AU in Drambo I don't get any notes out? Does not receive on channel 10. If I remove the filter on the script (from “ if MIDIChannel = 9” to “ if MIDIChannel = 0”) the script works, but I can't send the notes from the MK3 pads which send on channel 10.
    Could it be a Mozaic error that if loaded as AU in Drambo it only receives on channel 1?
    In AUM or loaded with MidiFire it works very well
    Thanks

    I seem to remember there being something about Drambo where all midi inputs were forced to channel 1. I also seem to remember that being fixed recently? I haven't tried. Are you on the latest version of Drambo?

    You can put a midi monitor module before Mozaic in Drambo to see what channel is incoming. I'll try to do some checking myself in a bit if you haven't worked it out first.

  • @wim said:

    @Tatobx said:

    @wim said:
    OK @Tatobx, I uploaded it to patch storage: https://patchstorage.com/launchkey-mk3-utility/

    Hi wim, is there a reason why if I load this script to Mozaic AU in Drambo I don't get any notes out? Does not receive on channel 10. If I remove the filter on the script (from “ if MIDIChannel = 9” to “ if MIDIChannel = 0”) the script works, but I can't send the notes from the MK3 pads which send on channel 10.
    Could it be a Mozaic error that if loaded as AU in Drambo it only receives on channel 1?
    In AUM or loaded with MidiFire it works very well
    Thanks

    I seem to remember there being something about Drambo where all midi inputs were forced to channel 1. I also seem to remember that being fixed recently? I haven't tried. Are you on the latest version of Drambo?

    You can put a midi monitor module before Mozaic in Drambo to see what channel is incoming. I'll try to do some checking myself in a bit if you haven't worked it out first.

    Unfortunately, Drambo still receives all MIDI on channel 1, no matter how you send it. I am on beta and AFAIK it wasn't still fixed. I just found out that AU instruments receive channels properly, but that's not the case for Mozaic...

  • wimwim
    edited January 13

    @wim said:

    @Tatobx said:

    @wim said:
    OK @Tatobx, I uploaded it to patch storage: https://patchstorage.com/launchkey-mk3-utility/

    Hi wim, is there a reason why if I load this script to Mozaic AU in Drambo I don't get any notes out? Does not receive on channel 10. If I remove the filter on the script (from “ if MIDIChannel = 9” to “ if MIDIChannel = 0”) the script works, but I can't send the notes from the MK3 pads which send on channel 10.
    Could it be a Mozaic error that if loaded as AU in Drambo it only receives on channel 1?
    In AUM or loaded with MidiFire it works very well
    Thanks

    I seem to remember there being something about Drambo where all midi inputs were forced to channel 1. I also seem to remember that being fixed recently? I haven't tried. Are you on the latest version of Drambo?

    You can put a midi monitor module before Mozaic in Drambo to see what channel is incoming. I'll try to do some checking myself in a bit if you haven't worked it out first.

    Yep. It's as I suspected. Midi out from Mozaic (and I think from all AU plugins) is forced to channel 1. This is a Drambo issue that you might want to bring up over on their forum. The script in the screenshot below is simply:

    @OnMIDIInput
      SendMIDIThru
    @End
    

  • wimwim
    edited January 13

    @skrat said:

    @wim said:

    @Tatobx said:

    @wim said:
    OK @Tatobx, I uploaded it to patch storage: https://patchstorage.com/launchkey-mk3-utility/

    Hi wim, is there a reason why if I load this script to Mozaic AU in Drambo I don't get any notes out? Does not receive on channel 10. If I remove the filter on the script (from “ if MIDIChannel = 9” to “ if MIDIChannel = 0”) the script works, but I can't send the notes from the MK3 pads which send on channel 10.
    Could it be a Mozaic error that if loaded as AU in Drambo it only receives on channel 1?
    In AUM or loaded with MidiFire it works very well
    Thanks

    I seem to remember there being something about Drambo where all midi inputs were forced to channel 1. I also seem to remember that being fixed recently? I haven't tried. Are you on the latest version of Drambo?

    You can put a midi monitor module before Mozaic in Drambo to see what channel is incoming. I'll try to do some checking myself in a bit if you haven't worked it out first.

    Unfortunately, Drambo still receives all MIDI on channel 1, no matter how you send it. I am on beta and AFAIK it wasn't still fixed. I just found out that AU instruments receive channels properly, but that's not the case for Mozaic...

    From my test it seems to receive on the the channel OK, but it forces output from AU plugin modules (maybe all modules?) to channel 1.

    [edit: nvm, you are right. The incoming midi is forced to channel 1.

  • @wim said:

    @skrat said:

    @wim said:

    @Tatobx said:

    @wim said:
    OK @Tatobx, I uploaded it to patch storage: https://patchstorage.com/launchkey-mk3-utility/

    Hi wim, is there a reason why if I load this script to Mozaic AU in Drambo I don't get any notes out? Does not receive on channel 10. If I remove the filter on the script (from “ if MIDIChannel = 9” to “ if MIDIChannel = 0”) the script works, but I can't send the notes from the MK3 pads which send on channel 10.
    Could it be a Mozaic error that if loaded as AU in Drambo it only receives on channel 1?
    In AUM or loaded with MidiFire it works very well
    Thanks

    I seem to remember there being something about Drambo where all midi inputs were forced to channel 1. I also seem to remember that being fixed recently? I haven't tried. Are you on the latest version of Drambo?

    You can put a midi monitor module before Mozaic in Drambo to see what channel is incoming. I'll try to do some checking myself in a bit if you haven't worked it out first.

    Unfortunately, Drambo still receives all MIDI on channel 1, no matter how you send it. I am on beta and AFAIK it wasn't still fixed. I just found out that AU instruments receive channels properly, but that's not the case for Mozaic...

    From my test it seems to receive on the the channel OK, but it forces output from AU plugin modules (maybe all modules?) to channel 1.

    Not sure about current stable version but I have quite complex set of Mozaic scripts in Drambo and for several versions it's definitely a matter of MIDI AUs not receiving MIDI data properly, while sending out from MIDI AUs is correct as for channels (my scripts are pretty much relying and hacking over these limitations so I am pretty sure about it 😄). I have reported it to the developer quite some time ago so he's aware.

  • Yeh, you're right. I made a wrong assumption. Logging the incoming midi channel in the script verified that.

  • @skrat said:

    Unfortunately, Drambo still receives all MIDI on channel 1, no matter how you send it. I am on beta and AFAIK it wasn't still fixed. I just found out that AU instruments receive channels properly, but that's not the case for Mozaic...

    Ok, so it was as I thought, @brambos Mozaic when hosted in Drambo always receives on channel 1 while the output is correct. The other AUs receive on the correct channel. Not bad for my needs, as long as they correct this I will be using Mozaic on MidiFire in parallel with Drambo.
    Thank you all

  • @Tatobx said:

    @skrat said:

    Unfortunately, Drambo still receives all MIDI on channel 1, no matter how you send it. I am on beta and AFAIK it wasn't still fixed. I just found out that AU instruments receive channels properly, but that's not the case for Mozaic...

    Ok, so it was as I thought, @brambos Mozaic when hosted in Drambo always receives on channel 1 while the output is correct. The other AUs receive on the correct channel. Not bad for my needs, as long as they correct this I will be using Mozaic on MidiFire in parallel with Drambo.
    Thank you all

    Not sure I understand, but the gist is that this is a Drambo issue and not a Mozaic issue (in other words: no need for me to look into it at this point)?

  • @brambos said:

    @Tatobx said:

    @skrat said:

    Unfortunately, Drambo still receives all MIDI on channel 1, no matter how you send it. I am on beta and AFAIK it wasn't still fixed. I just found out that AU instruments receive channels properly, but that's not the case for Mozaic...

    Ok, so it was as I thought, @brambos Mozaic when hosted in Drambo always receives on channel 1 while the output is correct. The other AUs receive on the correct channel. Not bad for my needs, as long as they correct this I will be using Mozaic on MidiFire in parallel with Drambo.
    Thank you all

    Not sure I understand, but the gist is that this is a Drambo issue and not a Mozaic issue (in other words: no need for me to look into it at this point)?

    Yes, I can confirm it's Drambo issue, no worries :smile:

  • @skrat said:

    @brambos said:

    @Tatobx said:

    @skrat said:

    Unfortunately, Drambo still receives all MIDI on channel 1, no matter how you send it. I am on beta and AFAIK it wasn't still fixed. I just found out that AU instruments receive channels properly, but that's not the case for Mozaic...

    Ok, so it was as I thought, @brambos Mozaic when hosted in Drambo always receives on channel 1 while the output is correct. The other AUs receive on the correct channel. Not bad for my needs, as long as they correct this I will be using Mozaic on MidiFire in parallel with Drambo.
    Thank you all

    Not sure I understand, but the gist is that this is a Drambo issue and not a Mozaic issue (in other words: no need for me to look into it at this point)?

    Yes, I can confirm it's Drambo issue, no worries :smile:

    Thanks! :)

  • @brambos said:

    Not sure I understand, but the gist is that this is a Drambo issue and not a Mozaic issue (in other words: no need for me to look into it at this point)?

    Sorry if I brought you up :blush:

  • edited January 20

    Hello fellow Mozaic comrades.

    My attempt to use 4pocket midimix assigned to Mozaic wasn’t successful. One of the reasons is that in Aum there’s no toggle in the edit channel parameters.

    I want to use “snapshots” of midi mix on a midi mute Mozaic script.

    Or just have another Mozaic script that combines midi mutes with multi mutes “snap shots”
    Or one that just sends the combined cc messages.

    What I’m after is a multi cc message per pad to assign to a hardware controller.
    In addition if it could be later drawn as a monophonic note on a timeline to change between “snapshots” to create an arrangement it would be super amazing! 🧞‍♂️

    @wim @_ki @espiegel123 @skrat @soundtemple @mbncp @mungbeans @lukesleepwalker

  • @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    Hello fellow Mozaic comrades.

    My attempt to use 4pocket midimix assigned to Mozaic wasn’t successful. One of the reasons is that in Aum there’s no toggle in the edit channel parameters.

    I want to use “snapshots” of midi mix on a midi mute Mozaic script.

    Or just have another Mozaic script that combines midi mutes with multi mutes “snap shots”
    Or one that just sends the combined cc messages.

    What I’m after is a multi cc message per pad to assign to a hardware controller.
    In addition if it could be later drawn as a monophonic note on a timeline to change between “snapshots” to create an arrangement it would be super amazing! 🧞‍♂️

    @wim @_ki @espiegel123 @skrat @soundtemple @mbncp @mungbeans

    I am not sure what you are asking for. If you could describe the script in terms of what messages you will send to it and what messages it needs to send back out that would be helpful.

  • edited January 20

    For the “midi mute note off “script I wish to add a “scene” option similar to what’s in the midi multicast script.

    https://patchstorage.com/midi-mute-with-note-off/

    https://patchstorage.com/midi-multicast/

  • edited January 20

    @Tamir_Raz_Mataz Now I think I have an idea what you're up to. I can try to describe what I think it should look like and behave, but no promises I will take a look at creating the script any time soon, as I spend all the free time on my own setup which is a monster so it takes A LOT of time :smiley:

    Anyway, here's how I imagine it:

    • Display the layout with pads only
    • On tapping the button the button runs a scene, which means sending at once multiple note on/off messages based on the setup of the scene. Some indication which scene is playing would be nice, e.g. a the pad will be coloured in green.
    • Using shift+tapping pad you go to settings of a specific scene, which is just another set of pads, representing channels mute/unmute
    • By tapping on a pad you select which channel is muted or unmuted for that scene
    • The notes to be sent could be let's say the same as pad numbers = from note 0 to note 15, giving you control for 16 channels in AUM
    • You then MIDI map these notes on mute for each AUM channel, turning off the toggle option (you want to have absolute control wether you're going to mute or unmute the channel)
    • Then there needs to be a setup for MIDI controller, ideally each pad should have an option to set up a MIDI message it will listen to, that means setting type (CC or note, optionally even program change?) and a number
    • Also, the scene switch will happen immediately, so you may optionally want some kind of quantization, at least with precision on bar. This could get a little more complex then the other requirements, so it may be an idea for next version. I did similar thing for my setup, but it was a bit more tricky as I needed to calculate the quantization by myself as I needed it for switching AU patterns, which needs to triggered shortly before next bar start. Here it shouldn't be an issue so OnNewBar event should be good enough.
    • Then it's just a matter of properly routing Mozaic -> AUM MIDI control and Controller -> Mozaic.
    • Also this way it if you replace MIDI controller for any sequencer (e.g. Atom, LK or even external one like Xequence) , just by drawing notes, you should be able to achieve the same scene switching as if you do it manually from the controller, effectively creating a whole "composition".

    So it's not such a big deal and when I'll be finished with my crazy setup, I may take a look at this. Hopefully there will be other volunteer in the meantime, I believe it won't take too much time for Mozaic veteran (if there's such thing :lol: )
    I am just a bit selfish now and sparing my time as much as possible but don't worry, I will publish also my crazy setup so it's for the good of the community too :wink:

  • @skrat said:
    @Tamir_Raz_Mataz Now I think I have an idea what you're up to. I can try to describe what I think it should look like and behave, but no promises I will take a look at creating the script any time soon, as I spend all the free time on my own setup which is a monster so it takes A LOT of time :smiley:

    Anyway, here's how I imagine it:

    • Display the layout with pads only
    • On tapping the button the button runs a scene, which means sending at once multiple note on/off messages based on the setup of the scene. Some indication which scene is playing would be nice, e.g. a the pad will be coloured in green.
    • Using shift+tapping pad you go to settings of a specific scene, which is just another set of pads, representing channels mute/unmute
    • By tapping on a pad you select which channel is muted or unmuted for that scene
    • The notes to be sent could be let's say the same as pad numbers = from note 0 to note 15, giving you control for 16 channels in AUM
    • You then MIDI map these notes on mute for each AUM channel, turning off the toggle option (you want to have absolute control wether you're going to mute or unmute the channel)
    • Then there needs to be a setup for MIDI controller, ideally each pad should have an option to set up a MIDI message it will listen to, that means setting type (CC or note, optionally even program change?) and a number
    • Also, the scene switch will happen immediately, so you may optionally want some kind of quantization, at least with precision on bar. This could get a little more complex then the other requirements, so it may be an idea for next version. I did similar thing for my setup, but it was a bit more tricky as I needed to calculate the quantization by myself as I needed it for switching AU patterns, which needs to triggered shortly before next bar start. Here it shouldn't be an issue so OnNewBar event should be good enough.
    • Then it's just a matter of properly routing Mozaic -> AUM MIDI control and Controller -> Mozaic.
    • Also this way it if you replace MIDI controller for any sequencer (e.g. Atom, LK or even external one like Xequence) , just by drawing notes, you should be able to achieve the same scene switching as if you do it manually from the controller, effectively creating a whole "composition".

    So it's not such a big deal and when I'll be finished with my crazy setup, I may take a look at this. Hopefully there will be other volunteer in the meantime, I believe it won't take too much time for Mozaic veteran (if there's such thing :lol: )
    I am just a bit selfish now and sparing my time as much as possible but don't worry, I will publish also my crazy setup so it's for the good of the community too :wink:

    Yes Skrat pretty much what’s that I’m after in your definition.

    Good luck with your monster script / setup.

    Let us know what’s cooking in there!

    Looking fwd⏩⏩⏩🦾

  • I've heard this is a good place to request Mozaic scripts! :p

    I've got a hardware polysynth - Audiothingies Micromonsta 2. It can be microtuned but only by receiving the appropriate midi message. Here is the pertinent info from the manual:

    Unfortunately this advanced midi sysex jargon is simply beyond me. If somebody could help me with a script that can load scala files and spit out MTS messages to the Micromonsta, I would gladly compensate you for your time and effort.

    I'm envisioning something where I paste the scala files in (which are text based) and then turn an associated knob to select a scale, and hit a pad to send it to the synth.

Sign In or Register to comment.