Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Request new Mozaic Scripts *HERE*

18910111214»

Comments

  • Is there something already on patchstorage that can be like a midi chord repeater but not a simple repeat, like a pattern maker. Say I played a CMaj on the 1 you could then use Mozaic to make it play the Cmaj on 1 & 3 or on 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 but also a whole bunch of different types of rhythmic patterns Could be applied to the chord. Add a PPQN. Something that can create different rhythmic groves to the chord played...? I hope this makes sense. I know chords can be problematic in Mozaic but I’m curious if something can already do this, or can be made?

  • wimwim
    edited March 22

    Check out Rhythmic MIDI Echo and Velocity MIDI Echo. I don’t know if either meets your need, but it sounds as if one of them might.

    Or even better ... Just StepPolyArp in Chords Mode. B)

  • Cool. I do lickily have all those options, thanks.

  • @Antemode said:
    My request is to modify an existing script Channel Switcher

    Tried messing with the code but I’m just not able to program it myself unfortunately.

    I’ve been using a Launchpad mini mk3 with AUM and the channel switcher script. I was trying to modify the script to make up for some of the LPmini’s limitations compared to other LPs, mainly to play keys on different MIDI Channels/instruments on AUM.

    my LPm custom layout is a 3 octave keyboard with the top 2 rows used to select the channels and show mozaic so I can see which channel is selected. I don’t really use the knobs and I would like to change their functionality to affect the keyboard layout with some basic functions.

    Transpose - Replace 2 pads (CH15 & CH16) to instead transpose keys -/+12, maybe this works better with a knob? Is there a way to show on the LPm which is the current selected octave?

    Velocity - changes velocity value (LPm has fixed velocity) with a knob showing the value

    Mod Wheel - changes one of the knobs to act as a mod wheel mapped to a CC value

    Sustain - turn sustain on/off knob

    I made a little diagram of the LPm layout:

    help would be greatly appreciated!

    Can anyone provide help with the above, I have been trying my hand at coding but just cant really wrap my head around how to modify the code to work as I need it. I even tried with this script Channel Switcher which has less code but couldn't do much here either other than change labels and break things.

    Any help would be appreciated.

  • _ki_ki
    edited April 17

    @Antemode said:
    My request is to modify an existing script Channel Switcher

    Tried messing with the code but I’m just not able to program it myself unfortunately.

    I’ve been using a Launchpad mini mk3 with AUM and the channel switcher script. I was trying to modify the script to make up for some of the LPmini’s limitations compared to other LPs, mainly to play keys on different MIDI Channels/instruments on AUM.

    my LPm custom layout is a 3 octave keyboard with the top 2 rows used to select the channels and show mozaic so I can see which channel is selected. I don’t really use the knobs and I would like to change their functionality to affect the keyboard layout with some basic functions.

    Transpose - Replace 2 pads (CH15 & CH16) to instead transpose keys -/+12, maybe this works better with a knob? Is there a way to show on the LPm which is the current selected octave?

    Velocity - changes velocity value (LPm has fixed velocity) with a knob showing the value

    Mod Wheel - changes one of the knobs to act as a mod wheel mapped to a CC value

    Sustain - turn sustain on/off knob

    I made a little diagram of the LPm layout:

    help would be greatly appreciated!

    First off - your request is very specific to your personal setup of your Launchpad mini. A solution also will heavily depend on the notes send by the various pads and the CC send by the knobs.

    I don‘t think modify any of exisiting scripts will help to achieve your task, it is a hell lot easier to just write a new scipt.

    In general it‘s quite simple to build such a script. It needs to react on the incomming notes and CCs and either route them through, or do actions like channel switching or simple modifications to the incoming data

    • Velocity is easy, simply replace the incoming NoteOn velocity with the stored velocity that itself is influenced by a knobs CC.

    • Modwheel probably only needs to remap the incomming CC id to id = 1 to behave as a modwheel

    • Transpose seems simple at first, as it affects all NoteOn/NoteOff off a channel - but beware, to prevent hanging notes one needs to store the applied offset for each note/channel NoteOn combination to be recalled on NoteOff - the transpose pads/knobs may have been changed while the note is active.

    • The Sustain feature is a bit more complicated, as each channel needs to store a list of active (sustained) notes, suppress their NoteOff and issue them when the sustain is released for this channel. Sustain should act per channel to allow for held chords on one channel and while playing melodies (without sustain) on another channel

    .

    You UI image needs to be enhanced with all the midi commands that these pads and knobs are sending.
    Otherwise no-one can even start suggesting any code fragments.

    • If there are lights/buttons on your launchpad mini, you should link a manual to their midi commands (i assume they use sysex as for the LaunchPad XL)

    • Is the note assignment you show the standard setup of the Launchpad mini ?

    You wrote you use a custom layout / midi assignment. I think it would be a lot better if a new script relies on the default mapping of the Launchpad Mini and then remaps every pad/knob to your assignment shown in the picture (even the three note rows)

    This would open up the script‘s usage to any Launchpad mini user without the need to configure any midi assignment on the Launchpad Mini itself and still do all the things you want :)

  • edited April 20

    @_ki Thanks for the reply, I kept going at it and was actually able to get some of this functionality working rewriting parts of your script.

    You are right starting from scratch would be best for custom functionality but I found using an already existing script allowed me to understand how the code works by trial and error. It really helped that your script was concise and well written.

    At first I was only changing the knob labels and not functionality, little by little I started to see how changing the code affected things. I started re-purposing the help knob for sustain (CC64) and then modified the Transpose Knob to go up by Octaves. This all works fine when connecting directly to a synth like Zeeon on AUM but for some reason the Sustain get's lost if route through Drambo (this is most likely an issue on how I'm setting up modules in Drambo and passing midi)

    I have yet to work on the ModWheel and Velocity knobs yet as I'll basically re-purpose MAX and MIN_KNOB and need to make sure I dont break the script. Thanks for the additional notes, I'll keep this in mind.

    For the LPM UI my layout is similar to the default Keyboard layout minus the top 2 rows not having keys but I understand what you are saying.

    I'm attaching this image below in case it helps anyone else:

    I guess the moral here is to not give up and keep going at it :D

  • edited April 26

    Hey everyone, I’d like to request a script/see if you all know of something that fills my needs. I’m looking for a midi processor that works on incoming midi notes. It would function like the reliability knob in autony (which only generates notes, doesn’t work on incoming midi). So you’d set a knob to a percentage, and if that probability triggers, you’d replace the next note in the incoming sequence with a new note (of the same length). Ideally, you’d be able to set a scale/chord to pick the new note from, but that’s optional. The key is the randomly added/replaced note to a sequence. Thanks in advance for considering my request!

  • @Pitje said:
    Hey everyone, I’d like to request a script/see if you all know of something that fills my needs. I’m looking for a midi processor that works on incoming midi notes. It would function like the reliability knob in autony (which only generates notes, doesn’t work on incoming midi). So you’d set a knob to a percentage, and if that probability triggers, you’d replace the next note in the incoming sequence with a new note (of the same length). Ideally, you’d be able to set a scale/chord to pick the new note from, but that’s optional. The key is the randomly added/replaced note to a sequence. Thanks in advance for considering my request!

    I'm pretty sure at least one of the scripts you will find here:

    https://patchstorage.com/platform/mozaic/?search_query=random&tax_platform=mozaic&tax_post_tag=&orderby=modified&wpas_id=search_form&wpas_submit=1

    will have what you need.

    Midi Marble, AU Hazard, Metroplex, and Random! look especially like they may fit the bill.

  • edited April 26

    @wim said:

    Midi Marble, AU Hazard, Metroplex, and Random! look especially like they may fit the bill.

    Hasard and Random! look very promising indeed! Thanks for your assistance :)

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @tpj said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @tpj said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @tpj said:
    Is it possible to use mozaic to create a xyz pad?

    The XY pad for MFX in Grooverider can be triggered with cc102,103 for xy and cc106 for turning it on and off.

    So i wish to use Mozaic to have the exact same behaviour so i can record the xy pad midi in Xequence because currently you can only record this internally in GR16.

    Would be great if this already exist or can be made, because that would be amazing.

    You mentioned KB-1 in another thread. What is it that it’s xy pads don’t do that you need?

    They only send out x or y so you can only map 2 values.

    To control the XY pad in Grooverider by midi you need to send cc 102,103 to move the xy pad position and also CC 106 for turning the effect on and off.

    The Grooverider GR16 XY pad will turn on the effect on touch, and turn off on release. So thats a 3th cc value besides x and y.

    The xy pad in KB1 or Brambos only maps 2.

    Most XY pads send only two values. I think you will need to map another control that sends cc106 or write a mozaic script. When would the xy pad send cc106?

    The xy pad needs to send cc106 on touch ( above 64 ) and release (below 64)
    This will turn the effect on/off
    No idea how to script this but i already got a suggestion in another thread.
    The app LK has a xyz pad which does exactly this!
    So if Mozaic can do XYZ then it would be possible. But for now i'm good;)

    I see. You want XYZ or XY+touch state

    @brambos : might be a nice addition to Mozaic to have On XYDown and On XYUp

    Hopefully @brambos will consider this because it would be a great addition ( to mozaic and also to the existing xy pad app )

  • Hi, I love Mozaic but have to admit I don't have what it takes to create scripts. Would anyone know how to make a utility that converts MIDI CC to MIDI Notes? The idea is to use a continuous controller, for example Modwheel , to create a note every time it's moved. Ideally another controller, for example Expression pedal, would determine note number. Others could be assigned to Note Length and Velocity. Even a fixed length note would be useful but I think this could make for some fun interaction with controllers.

  • wimwim
    edited May 16

    @Conkers said:
    Hi, I love Mozaic but have to admit I don't have what it takes to create scripts. Would anyone know how to make a utility that converts MIDI CC to MIDI Notes? The idea is to use a continuous controller, for example Modwheel , to create a note every time it's moved. Ideally another controller, for example Expression pedal, would determine note number. Others could be assigned to Note Length and Velocity. Even a fixed length note would be useful but I think this could make for some fun interaction with controllers.

    That wouldn't be too hard, but would need further design clarification. When you sweep a CC control from one value to another, at least one MIDI message for each value change goes out. Twist a knob or press an expression pedal from 25% to 75% over a 1/2 second interval, and you'd get at least one note output every 4 milliseconds. 😬

    So, some throttling would be needed. Some thought would need to be given to timing and scale quantization as well.

    The devil is always in the details. But it wouldn't be the first time that a somewhat vague initial thought got refined into a great working script around here.

    BTW, you might want to check out mfxConvert for a non-scripting way to do some of what you've mentioned.

  • @wim said:

    That wouldn't be too hard, but would need further design clarification. When you sweep a CC control from one value to another, at least one MIDI message for each value change goes out. Twist a knob or press an expression pedal from 25% to 75% over a 1/2 second interval, and you'd get at least one note output every 4 milliseconds. 😬

    Hi Wim, many thanks for your message! You're right, this needs some thought. With modular hardware, one can always generate a trigger on change using a quantizer. Ableton has several MaxForLive plugins that do this in various ways.

    So, some throttling would be needed. Some thought would need to be given to timing and scale quantization as well.

    As you wrote, there are several ways this could work. Personally, I would like a note to be generated when CC value is above 0, or when it crosses a threshold (threshold value could also be mappable but not necessarily). Threshold would typically be 64 or 127.

    Generating notes whenever the value changes would create bursts or arpeggios, which seems like a different feature altogether.

    The devil is always in the details. But it wouldn't be the first time that a somewhat vague initial thought got refined into a great working script around here.

    BTW, you might want to check out mfxConvert for a non-scripting way to do some of what you've mentioned.

    I have mfxConvert and Streambyter, too. They work, but I think Mozaic would be ideal to make this into a meta-instrument in itself. This would require controls for note number, length, velocity and so on. I'd be super happy to discuss this in depth!

  • wimwim
    edited May 17

    @Conkers said:> As you wrote, there are several ways this could work. Personally, I would like a note to be generated when CC value is above 0, or when it crosses a threshold (threshold value could also be mappable but not necessarily). Threshold would typically be 64 or 127.

    What note? How would the note you want be determined?

  • https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/38625/sm-megakit-for-nanostudio-2-need-mozaic-collaborator

    I need a couple Mozaic scripts to get that kit finished.
    1 I am using an instance of MIDItools to limit the note range, then into an instance of Mozaic for the roundrobin, could do with get rid of the MIDItools instances.
    2 I need a script for getting the HiHat chokes working, it is going to be near impossible writing text to explain what is needed here, so if anybody can help, let me know what info you need in a video and I will run through it, I can sort out sending the kit too.

  • @wim said:
    What note? How would the note you want be determined?

    Note number would be selected with another CC. Of course, there could be a scale and key selector but those exist anyway.

  • How is triggering a note with a CC an advantage over just triggering with a note?

  • @wim said:
    How is triggering a note with a CC an advantage over just triggering with a note?

    Some controllers unfortunately don't create notes, only modulations. This is a way of converting continuous signals into discrete ones.

  • Is there a script where I can use a midi note to change a CC value a specific amount, at a specific point in a song. Say I use Bleass filter and I want the lfo set to 2/1 for most of song but for a bridge I want it to go to 1/6, but then change back to 2/1 after 8 bars. I know I can physically do this but is there a script, maybe one already out there, that will allow me to trigger a specific amount of a CC value change at a specific point in my song?

  • @Poppadocrock said:
    Is there a script where I can use a midi note to change a CC value a specific amount, at a specific point in a song.

    Don't know, but I'm confused. Do you want to use a midi note press (i.e., press a key on keyboard) to accomplish this, or do you want it to all happen automatically? Or some combination?

  • Yea I thought it might be a little confusing, apologies. I was thinking an empty piano roll with One note at a certain point to send a CC value change, and another to set it back. And the change would be a specific value, say +40 on the knob. Like a one shot lfo or something...

    So if I want the lfo sync rate in Bleass filter to start at 2/1 for 16 bars then switch to 1/6 for 8 bars. A note would trigger the CC change on the 16th bar, To make The lfo sync rate Go up to 1/6 and a secoNd note on 24th bar to make lfo sync rate go back to 2/1. Does that make sense.

  • Since you are ‚free‘ to choose which note will trigger a change, one could simply translate the note number into a CC value of a specific CC-Id. Either via script, or with something like mfxConvert.

    So for instance a note number 0 (C-2) would issue a CC-x with value 0. A middle C is a value of 36 of that CC, C4 is 64 etc .

    One could also use the note to specify the CC-Id and the velocity of the nite to specify the value. So a D-2 with velocity 40 would send CC #2 with value 40... You could then use a single Atom instance to ‚drive‘ several CCs. Each Cc is held until a new note is issued...

    .

    But beware - the first note / CC of such a sequence will be issued right after you press start in AUM, but this might be too late for a synth/plugin to react to that change if the real note that is played arrives just before the CC. One might hear a click when the CC changes.

    So - sequencing automation via notes that then get transformed into CCs and after that have influence on notes starting in the same timeframe might glitch. Its better to issue a change 1/64 (or less) before it goes into effect - as stated above this will not work for the very initial first value.

  • @Poppadocrock said:
    Yea I thought it might be a little confusing, apologies. I was thinking an empty piano roll with One note at a certain point to send a CC value change, and another to set it back. And the change would be a specific value, say +40 on the knob. Like a one shot lfo or something...

    So if I want the lfo sync rate in Bleass filter to start at 2/1 for 16 bars then switch to 1/6 for 8 bars. A note would trigger the CC change on the 16th bar, To make The lfo sync rate Go up to 1/6 and a secoNd note on 24th bar to make lfo sync rate go back to 2/1. Does that make sense.

    There is more than one ways to do that as @_ki mentioned. What "piano roll" or app were you thinking of doing this from. Because if its anything but atom, there's a good chance that there's a way to send the CC directly, without needing to do a note to CC conversion.

    But the other thought I had after reading @_ki 's post is that BlueBoard Switch Ramper might help you. Despite the name, it has generic applicability. It can take notes coming in and turn them into CC values going out. It was made to provide a gradual transition between two values, but that transition can be effectively zero if you like. So, send it a note, a CC goes out at a certain value. Send another, the CC returns to its original value. It seems like this is what you're looking to do.

    Or, perhaps simpler, though I haven't tried it myself: https://patchstorage.com/key-to-cc/

    KEY to CC v1.0
    Send CC values by playing notes. A range of keys to use can be set by octaves. The CC values from 0 to 127 will be spread over this range. Smoothing is available to ramp jumps in values.
    ...

  • @wim @_ki Thanks for the info. I’ll give these scripts a go and see how it goes.

    @ki that script sounds awesome, I’ve only written a couple very simple echo scripts from that other thread with tutorials. I think it was you or @wim who started that thread, but I can’t remember, anyway...

    Well my original thoughts were yes, using atom. But I’ve recently realized, that I could obviously send the note Out with many things riffr, rozeta, fugue, spa unit, Autony, Etc. but if I could do it without a note that sounds like a better solution...? But I wasn't sure how to do that. I was thinking a note because I wanted to have it automatically trigger a specific amount of CC change, at a specific point in time, then trigger back, without hitting a pad or doing anything. So it’s programmed in to track. would this be possible using Note on/NoteOff Work in this case?

    What apps can “auto” trigger a cc value change at a set point in song? As I’m digging deeper into this area, I’m loving some of the possibilities but still learning.

  • wimwim
    edited May 29

    @wim said:
    Or, perhaps simpler, though I haven't tried it myself: https://patchstorage.com/key-to-cc/

    KEY to CC v1.0
    Send CC values by playing notes. A range of keys to use can be set by octaves. The CC values from 0 to 127 will be spread over this range. Smoothing is available to ramp jumps in values.
    ...

    OMG! I just realized I wrote that one! :D 😂 :D

  • @Poppadocrock said:
    Well my original thoughts were yes, using atom. But I’ve recently realized, that I could obviously send the note Out with many things riffr, rozeta, fugue, spa unit, Autony, Etc. but if I could do it without a note that sounds like a better solution...? But I wasn't sure how to do that. I was thinking a note because I wanted to have it automatically trigger a specific amount of CC change, at a specific point in time, then trigger back, without hitting a pad or doing anything. So it’s programmed in to track. would this be possible using Note on/NoteOff Work in this case?

    What apps can “auto” trigger a cc value change at a set point in song? As I’m digging deeper into this area, I’m loving some of the possibilities but still learning.

    The first app that comes to mind is Xequence 2. Yes, it's a separate app, but it has a great piano roll and a timeline for laying out out songs. You can lay out cc automation that makes it unnecessary to translate the changes from notes to cc values. You just draw in the levels that you want where you want them in the song. Most DAWs can do this. Modstep would be a good candidate as well.

    For an AU solution, the first that comes to mind is StepBud. It too can send CC's on beats or beat divisions. But that's more of a looping tool, and you mentioned songs, so I assume you are looking for something more like a timeline.

    There are lots and lots of ways to approach this. If you're especially fond of the idea of doing it with notes rather than cc automation, then any of the ideas already mentioned should work.

  • Oh man I completely forgot stepbud did cc, yea I was thinking more timeLine, But not a really Long one, so Stepbud mite work for me, at least to some extent... I have X2 too, but I still haven’t dug super deep into it, just midi recording and/or midi out basically. I know it does a lot more, I’ll be looking into that as well. Cheers and thanks for the help @wim

  • @wim Just downloaded your MIDI Scaler v1.01 script and unless I’m misunderstanding the performance notes it’s not working how I thought it should. It says if max is less than min scaling will be reversed. That doesn’t happen. Regardless of how I have it set it only goes from low to high never high to low. I’m using it in the cc mode. Thanks for any help.

  • Humm .... OK, I'll have a look.

Sign In or Register to comment.