Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Request new Mozaic Scripts *HERE*

Comments

• Workin’ on it. B)

• @wim said:
    @dreamsaremaps - I’m not sure I fully understand what you’re after, but here’s an attempt. Move the first fader and look at the 2nd and 3rd faders to see if they act as you’d expect. The script will send cc’s 20 and 21 on channel 1 by default. Curve is there in case it helps to bias the movement toward higher or lower notes.

Thank you so much. I’ve been on DD duty all night for a lot of fluthered fools, and I live in Indiana...I will put this through the necessary paces and try to discern any additional logic necessary, if any. Thank you for the blueprint!

• edited March 2020

My request is to modify an existing script Channel Switcher

Tried messing with the code but I’m just not able to program it myself unfortunately.

I’ve been using a Launchpad mini mk3 with AUM and the channel switcher script. I was trying to modify the script to make up for some of the LPmini’s limitations compared to other LPs, mainly to play keys on different MIDI Channels/instruments on AUM.

my LPm custom layout is a 3 octave keyboard with the top 2 rows used to select the channels and show mozaic so I can see which channel is selected. I don’t really use the knobs and I would like to change their functionality to affect the keyboard layout with some basic functions.

Transpose - Replace 2 pads (CH15 & CH16) to instead transpose keys -/+12, maybe this works better with a knob? Is there a way to show on the LPm which is the current selected octave?

Velocity - changes velocity value (LPm has fixed velocity) with a knob showing the value

Mod Wheel - changes one of the knobs to act as a mod wheel mapped to a CC value

Sustain - turn sustain on/off knob

I made a little diagram of the LPm layout:

help would be greatly appreciated!

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

@rcf said:
    Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. Writing it is a little beyond me at the moment, though I may well have a go at some simple scripting once I've bought the app and got used to it. Such a script would also allow one-shot triggerable slow crossfades between 2x AUM channels, so I can see many uses for it, yes. ;)

Question: What should happen if another trigger from the switch comes before the ramped output has finished? For instance, Switch A output is traveling from 0 to 127 but is at 100 when another trigger comes in from Switch A. I know the direction needs to switch, but does the value jump to 127 and then travel down from there, or does it immediately reverse and travel down from 100? Or is there some other behavior that makes more sense?

[edit] I’m thinkin’ it should turn around at whatever value it’s at and head back. Otherwise you get cc values jumping around all over the place.

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

Hi @rcf - I decided to go ahead and finish up a preliminary version with the assumption above since it seems to work pretty well, and it’s better to see if it works generally the way you want before polishing it further.For instance, I think I’d like to set it so that BB mode 1 (notes) can be used as well. Anyway, it’s ready to try out.

Please don’t feel any obligation or rush to get Mozaic and/or try it out. I wrote it for fun and because I can also make use of it whether you end up using it or not.

https://patchstorage.com/blueboard-switch-ramper/
    [edit] Fixed some bugs and added some features. See: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/761866/#Comment_761866

• rcfrcf
    edited March 2020

@wim said:
    [edit] I’m thinkin’ it should turn around at whatever value it’s at and head back. Otherwise you get cc values jumping around all over the place.

>
    Thanks so much @wim; I will purchase Mozaic later today and try the script asap. That is how I hoped it would work on receiving a second press before the first press ramp has completed. In a live Improv scenario I might decide to fade in another channel of effects then suddenly change my mind. ;)

This script will really enhance the potential of the Blueboard. In addition to channel auto-fades, I'm imagining ramping AU effects parameters; delay values, pitch shifting values etc, and a whole host of other strange noises...

• rcfrcf
    edited March 2020

Thanks @wim; just how I'd envisaged the script working. A perfect implementation of what I was hoping for. At the moment, I'm getting a little (few milliseconds) bounce of CC values on triggering the ramp back down. i.e. AUM channel fader is maxed at +0dB CC20 value 90; I hit a Blueboard button and the CC value drops from 90 to 0 for a few milliseconds, before returning to the maximum 90 value. It then ramps down slowly as intended. This doesn't happen when triggered from the Mozaic buttons. It's also behaviour that I've seen before after plugging extra foot controllers into the Blueboard's 2x 1/4" inputs, so I suspect it may be a Blueboard quirk? Can the spurious values be filtered out?

Very happy with what you have produced though, thanks again. And if the bottom right Mozaic knob is going spare, I have ideas for that too... ;)

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

@rcf said:
    Thanks @wim; just how I'd envisaged the script working. A perfect implementation of what I was hoping for. At the moment, I'm getting a little (few milliseconds) bounce of CC values on triggering the ramp back down. i.e. AUM channel fader is maxed at +0dB CC20 value 90; I hit a Blueboard button and the CC value drops from 90 to 0 for a few milliseconds, before returning to the maximum 90 value. It then ramps down slowly as intended. This doesn't happen when triggered from the Mozaic buttons. It's also behaviour that I've seen before after plugging extra foot controllers into the Blueboard's 2x 1/4" inputs, so I suspect it may be a Blueboard quirk? Can the spurious values be filtered out?

Very happy with what you have produced though, thanks again. And if the bottom right Mozaic knob is going spare, I have ideas for that too... ;)

Sure, I’ll look at the jumping. Hopefully I can reproduce it with my own BlueBoard. I was planning that last knob for a switch between the two stock BlueBoard modes (Notes and CC’s), but there are ways to shoehorn more than one use for knobs, so don’t hesitate with any suggestions.

• @wim said:
    Sure, I’ll look at the jumping. Hopefully I can reproduce it with my own BlueBoard. I was planning that last knob for a switch between the two stock BlueBoard modes (Notes and CC’s), but there are ways to shoehorn more than one use for knobs, so don’t hesitate with any suggestions.

Re the 'last knob'. My primary use for this is to trigger automated volume fades in AUM via my Blueboard. However, I can see that auto repeating ramps would also be very useful as a modulation source for AU midi CC parameters. How about a simple switch to choose between one-shot triggered ramping or auto-repeat ramping? No LFO style frequency/rate knob required if the ramp only repeats on completion of it's timed cycle, in a similar way to the VCS3 repeating envelope generators?

• @wim That script works excellently. I am going to play around with it and will let you know if I need any extra help! I’m also going to review the commands you used in the manual so I better understand them. Thank you!

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

@rcf said:

@wim said:

Re the 'last knob'. My primary use for this is to trigger automated volume fades in AUM via my Blueboard. However, I can see that auto repeating ramps would also be very useful as a modulation source for AU midi CC parameters. How about a simple switch to choose between one-shot triggered ramping or auto-repeat ramping? No LFO style frequency/rate knob required if the ramp only repeats on completion of it's timed cycle, in a similar way to the VCS3 repeating envelope generators?

I like that idea.

I fixed the jumping around thing and have added a way to select between the BlueBoard notes and CC modes (default is CC mode).

I can see how to still add the cycling mode. I was about to upload the fixed version, but I’ll add that first.

• @dreamsaremaps said:
    @wim That script works excellently. I am going to play around with it and will let you know if I need any extra help! I’m also going to review the commands you used in the manual so I better understand them. Thank you!

Great ! Good luck. B)

• rcfrcf
    edited March 2020

@wim said:
    I fixed the jumping around thing and have added a way to select between the BlueBoard notes and CC modes (default is CC mode).

I can see how to still add the cycling mode. I was about to upload the fixed version, but I’ll add that first.

Many, many thanks; I'm going to have much fun with this one!

• McDMcD
    edited March 2020

@wim's script is up on PatchStorage: BlueBoard Switch Ramper

• @McD said:

That one has a bug and is getting a couple new features. Advised not to download it just yet.

• @rcf said:

@wim said:

Many, many thanks; I'm going to have much fun with this one!

I’ve got the cycling mode working, but currently, when you hit the switch while the cycle is running, it will finish the cycle in the direction it’s traveling before stopping. Should it instead stop where it is, then continue on at the next button press?

Sorry, I don’t have iVCS 3 to check out its LFO.

• @wim said:

I’ve got the cycling mode working, but currently, when you hit the switch while the cycle is running, it will finish the cycle in the direction it’s traveling before stopping. Should it instead stop where it is, then continue on at the next button press?

I think I prefer the idea of it finishing the cycle, but in all honesty as a bonus feature, I would be happy with it either way.

• @rcf said:

@wim said:

I think I prefer the idea of it finishing the cycle, but in all honesty as a bonus feature, I would be happy with it either way.

I think it’s all squared away now: https://patchstorage.com/blueboard-switch-ramper/
    Be sure you’ve successfully loaded the new v1.0 version. Sometimes a you need to press the Refresh button in the Mozaic presets list to see new scripts.

BLUEBOARD SWITCH RAMPER v1.0
    Responds to triggers from iRig BlueBoard, sending cc values out over a configurable ramp time. The two standard BlueBoard modes are supported: Mode 1 (Notes) and Mode 2 (CC's), as selected by the bottom-right knob in Trigger Mode.

Toggle between Trigger and Settings mode by tapping the SHIFT button.

In Trigger mode, tapping the pads is the same as tapping the correspoinding BlueBoard button. The first tap will start sending from the Start value to the End value at the Ramp speed set for the pad. The A, B, C, and D knobs will turn to show the progress. The next tap will reverse the direction of travel. If a tap comes in before the end of the end point is reached, travel immediately reverses without reaching the end point. (Also, see "Looping" below.)

In Settings Mode first tap a swith to select it, then you can adjust the starting and ending limits for the cc values sent out for that switch. Ramp adjusts the time it takes to go from start to end. You can also set the outbound CC# and channel number here if needed.

Looping: In Settings mode, the bottom-right knob allows enabling Looping for the switch. If turned on, tapping a switch toggles looping on and off. The values will ramp up and down like an LFO until the next tap turns the looping off.

TIP: To bypass the plugin and send the BlueBoard messages to another app, set the bottom-right knob to the opposite of the mode the BlueBoard is running.

Credit for this script idea goes to @rcf on the AudioBus Forum.👍😎👏

• @McD said:

Thanks for the shoutout earlier. The v1.0 version is now out with fixed bugs and new features.

• rcfrcf
    edited March 2020

@wim said:
    BLUEBOARD SWITCH RAMPER v1.0

Wonderful stuff :) I love how the loop mode works. Single button press and the ramping cycles up and down like an LFO. A quick double press and the ramp behaves as it was designed to do in the original ramp mode...ie it completes one ramp of CC values then holds. Another quick double press and the ramp down starts and then completes. Nice touch @wim. I'm sure there are a good few Blueboard owners that will find this script very useful. Thanks again... and thanks also for the idea credit; though you did all the work ;)

• @wim. There seems to be a tiny little inconsistency in the way that ramping works when the ramp time is at zero. If I set a max CC value of 90 then 90 is what I get when the script completes after a timed ramp. After using timed ramps, if I then set timing to zero, the final CC value reached after the (almost immediate) ramp up, sometimes ignores the maximum value set and only stops at 127. A minor problem for me as I only ever envisaged using this for quite long timed ramps, and not as a simple toggle switch. Still loving it though... ;)

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

@rcf said:
    @wim. There seems to be a tiny little inconsistency in the way that ramping works when the ramp time is at zero. If I set a max CC value of 90 then 90 is what I get when the script completes after a timed ramp. After using timed ramps, if I then set timing to zero, the final CC value reached after the (almost immediate) ramp up, sometimes ignores the maximum value set and only stops at 127. A minor problem for me as I only ever envisaged using this for quite long timed ramps, and not as a simple toggle switch. Still loving it though... ;)

Yeh, I can see that happening. I actually didn't plan for zero ramp time, which now that I think about it, will result in a divide by zero error. I either need to limit it to non-zero values, or manage zero duration differently. Thanks for mentioning that, I thought about it when I wrote the code, but forgot to come back to tidy that up.

It's worth fixing since in that way you could effectively make a BB switch into a toggle. Normally it sends ON when you press the switch, and OFF when you remove your foot. But if you set it to zero, it would send ON only on the first press, then OFF on a second press. That could be very useful.

(Note to self ... setting looping on with zero ramp time could be really bad juju. :# )

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

@rcf said:
    @wim. There seems to be a tiny little inconsistency in the way that ramping works when the ramp time is at zero. If I set a max CC value of 90 then 90 is what I get when the script completes after a timed ramp. After using timed ramps, if I then set timing to zero, the final CC value reached after the (almost immediate) ramp up, sometimes ignores the maximum value set and only stops at 127. A minor problem for me as I only ever envisaged using this for quite long timed ramps, and not as a simple toggle switch. Still loving it though... ;)

OK, this is fixed up nicely with v1.1 just posted. Now if Ramp is at zero the switch acts like a toggle, alternating between ON and OFF with each tap. This is cool because it overrides the usual BlueBoard behavior of sending an ON/OFF with each tap. Looping is disabled when Ramp is zero for pretty obvious reasons. ;)

• Thanks again for making this; I will enjoy playing with it tomorrow. ;)

• You’re welcome! For once, I wrote something I might actually use once in awhile. 😂

• @wim said:
    You’re welcome! For once, I wrote something I might actually use once in awhile. 😂

Nice work guys. I have a BlueBoard and I expect the toggle "accidental" feature to be very useful
    along with the targeted "ask". I think we could see a whole suite of BlueBoard apps... hopefully written
    using this app as a "working starting point" to create new behaviors for 4 on/off event generators.

They could all be front ended with a script to convert to a BlueBoard output standard for anyone without the actual hardware.

Of course the new script could just model the concepts using Mozaic Pads or any software keyboard for a controller but
    feeding one into another for MIDI processing is easy in DAW's.

• @McD said:

@wim said:
    You’re welcome! For once, I wrote something I might actually use once in awhile. 😂

Nice work guys. I have a BlueBoard and I expect the toggle "accidental" feature to be very useful
    along with the targeted "ask". I think we could see a whole suite of BlueBoard apps... hopefully written
    using this app as a "working starting point" to create new behaviors for 4 on/off event generators.

They could all be front ended with a script to convert to a BlueBoard output standard for anyone without the actual hardware.

Of course the new script could just model the concepts using Mozaic Pads or any software keyboard for a controller but
    feeding one into another for MIDI processing is easy in DAW's.

Actually the script can work with any controller or app - it doesn’t have to be a BlueBoard. It triggers if it receives Note 60, 62, 64, or 65 in Notes mode, or cc 20, 21, 22 or 23 in CC Mode. The output defaults to CC 20, 21, 22, and 23, but can be configured to any CC and Channel per switch.

The code is a little messier than I would like, so I’m not so sure how good a template it is for other work, but I do like the concept of repurposing code in general.

• @wim said:
    Actually the script can work with any controller or app - it doesn’t have to be a BlueBoard.

I can confirm that it is also working beautifully when triggered by my Audiofront Midi Expression Pedal, via the CCK.

• @rcf said:

@wim said:
    Actually the script can work with any controller or app - it doesn’t have to be a BlueBoard.

I can confirm that it is also working beautifully when triggered by my Audiofront Midi Expression Pedal, via the CCK.

Good to know. Thanks!

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

In response to what I think 🤔 I’ve understood from some @Gavinski ’s ideas for adapting MPE controllers to non-MPE synths, I’ve posted MIDI MultiPlexer v0.9 Beta to PatchStorage.com. The description to this one is long, so I’ll only post the first few paragraphs here for those who would like to follow up over on patchstorage.

This one is very much beta-test. I’m not even very familiar with MPE, and only have a few basic ways to test. It seems useful to me though. :D

MPE MUX v0.9 (Beta) - Tools for adapting MPE controllers to non-MPE synths
    Sorry for the long Description, but this one takes some serious explaining.

MPE synths have intelligence to apply expression on a per-voice basis. The MPE protocol sends MIDI CC values on different channels along with information about which note the expression applies to. Non-MPE synths don't have the ability to sort all this out, so one must turn off MPE mode to work with them. But, then then all that nice expression capability is lost.

This script can put some of that expression back to use by collapsing (Multiplexing) the multi-channel midi CC and pitch bend stream into a single channel that apps can use. No, they CAN'T use it per-voice, but at least they can receive a single stream of MIDI CC and/or pitch bend in response to movements on the controller's keys (or other control surfaces).

(Continues ...)