Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Poly 2 is out

Comments

• @JSMilton said:

@hightunnels said:
    @JSMilton Huge fan of the original Poly, loving the new version-so many possibilities!

Is there a way to make sub folders within the user sample folder? It’s filling up fast. Thanks!

Glad you're enjoying the new version! The short answer is "not yet". The long answer is:

I had originally planned on integrating with the Files App and letting users manage the whole folder structure from there. The problem is, the AU Extensions can't access the folder that the Files App uses (the main apps documents folder). The main app and the extension have a shared folder, but the Files App can't access that! This basically means you can't share user created content (samples and presets) between the two if you are storing them in the Files Apps folder. Immensely frustrating.

It's a huge pain to create a fully functioning file manager in app, so I was holding off to see if Poly was actually popular before committing to it. Seems I might have to find a solution though.

Ah yes makes sense- I seem to remember the spacecraft developer running into similar issues. No worries still using the app plenty either way and looking forward to seeing how it progresses. Thanks for the quick reply!

• @JSMilton said:

@GovernorSilver said:
    The original was able to run on iPhone.

Is there an iPhone version of Poly 2 under development?

I'd love to do an iPhone version, but it's going to be time consuming so I'm waiting to see what the sales are like for the first month or so before committing to it. If it makes sense then I will definitely do it.

Fair enough. I also have an iPad so I know can get Poly 2 for that. But for lunch breaks at work, the iPhone is the handier device.

Thanks for the response!

• Midi isnt my forte. Can this send midi out per track to xequence and can xequence record multiple midi tracks at the same time. Also would xequence record everything done in poly ( scenes )

Anyone know?

Like this app by the way.

• Sorted I guess. Im the type of person who gets us to Mars or at least promoted at tesco.

• @sigma79 said:
    Sorted I guess. Im the type of person who gets us to Mars or at least promoted at tesco.

and the answers are....

• What for? The Xequence setup?

• what do we do after we get to mars?

• @JSMilton any chance of multi channel midi output?

• @Dchild said:
    @JSMilton any chance of multi channel midi output?

If you use AUM you can filter each color by channel (red -> channel one etc)

Not sure if there are similar mechanisms in other apps. You might want to try @blueveek midi tools MidiRoute or Mozaic or Streambyter etc

• @Dchild said:
    @JSMilton any chance of multi channel midi output?

I thought you could set each Color to output on any Midi channel already.
    Maybe I misunderstand your request?

• Each color does indeed output on their own individual midi channel.

• The MIDI router matrix in apeMatrix works well for routing Poly 2 channels to other apps.

• @Dchild Were you talking about each color sending to multiple channels? I could add an omni mode without too much issue.

• Kobamoto. Not sure yet. Prob make music on IOS :smile:

I think a mute system could be good as its quite good as a musical interface.

• @JSMilton would it be possible to add a S/H or ‚random‘ waveform for the LFO?

Very impressed with the app.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    @JSMilton would it be possible to add a S/H or ‚random‘ waveform for the LFO?

Cheers man.

More shapes for the LFO is on the list of things to do in future updates, so adding random in there wouldn't be any trouble. S/H is a little trickier as it would require some UI changes and space is currently at a premium! It would be cool though so I'll keep it in mind.

• edited October 2019

@JSMilton said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:
    @JSMilton would it be possible to add a S/H or ‚random‘ waveform for the LFO?

Cheers man.

More shapes for the LFO is on the list of things to do in future updates, so adding random in there wouldn't be any trouble. S/H is a little trickier as it would require some UI changes and space is currently at a premium! It would be cool though so I'll keep it in mind.

Great to hear. I think S/H has become a convenient short form for an irregular, pseudo-random waveform. That would be quite sufficient for me.

• Only had time to really get into this today, really like that each colour gets it's own midi configuration. :)

• Morning guys, just released a small update for Poly. Here's the patch notes:

Features:

• User samples can now be organised into folders
    • FX settings now have 4 configurations, with each pattern being able to reference a specific configuration.
    • MIDI note lengths can now be quantised to the current tempo
    • Sample name will appear in the top right when switching colors

Bug fixes:

• Delay effect no longer clips when changing time
    • Mixer faders can now be reset by double tapping
    • Loading a project with the sequencer running will no longer cause some audio files to skip loading
    • Fixed an issue where clipping would occur when a project is first run
    • Fixed an issue that caused some note off messages to be processed as note ons

Cheers!

• @JSMilton said:
    Morning guys, just released a small update for Poly. Here's the patch notes:

Features:

• FX settings now have 4 configurations, with each pattern being able to reference a specific configuration.

Bug fixes:

• Loading a project with the sequencer running will no longer cause some audio files to skip loading

Cheers!

cool, does this mean the midi output is quantised to host tempo in time division values?

• @[Deleted User] said:

@JSMilton said:

Features:

Bug fixes:

Cheers!

cool, does this mean the midi output is quantised to host tempo in time division values?

It does indeed. I've also added an option to quantise a nodes length parameter to 8ths i.e 12.5%, 25%, 37.5% etc. This works well to easily create varied but tempo synced note lengths.

• @JSMilton said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@JSMilton said:

Features:

Bug fixes:

Cheers!

It does indeed. I've also added an option to quantise a nodes length parameter to 8ths i.e 12.5%, 25%, 37.5% etc. This works well to easily create varied but tempo synced note lengths.

will it show the division also? ie 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 etc...?

• @[Deleted User] said:

@JSMilton said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@JSMilton said:

Features:

Bug fixes:

Cheers!

So the node won't show the division unfortunately. I tried to make it work but it clashed with the samplers envelope settings too much, therefore it's still a percentage I'm afraid. If I ever tempo sync the samplers envelopes then it might work, but you end up with situations like if the envelope isn't synced but the MIDI is, do you show the division or the percentage? It would be cool though so I'm definitely keeping it in mind.

• @JSMilton Thanks for your ongoing support!

• @JSMilton Thanks for the update, folders will be great!

• @kinkujin said:
    @JSMilton Thanks for your ongoing support!

@hightunnels said:
    @JSMilton Thanks for the update, folders will be great!

No worries guys, it's a pleasure.

• @_ki said:

Now something for the 'common people': I uploaded a 'Remap Multi-Channel Midi Drums' Mozaic script to PatchStorage that remaps Poly2 midi output to other drum apps with a turn of a knob. There are 24 drum app presets plus easy custom remapping. You can also mute single drums of the running pattern or use the pads to manually trigger drums.

Regarding the long-and-overlapping-notes 'thing' i added a 'Flash pads on Note-On mode' just for Poly 2 :)

Your script is fantastic and it's a great time saver, thanks a lot.
    You made my day! :smiley:

• @JSMilton said:

Features:

Bug fixes:

Cheers!

Really nice update, someone should put Poly 2 in the medical handbook as an addictive drug which has as its collateral effect an ear to ear smile...

• @JSMilton said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@JSMilton said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@JSMilton said:

Features:

Bug fixes:

Cheers!

So the node won't show the division unfortunately. I tried to make it work but it clashed with the samplers envelope settings too much, therefore it's still a percentage I'm afraid. If I ever tempo sync the samplers envelopes then it might work, but you end up with situations like if the envelope isn't synced but the MIDI is, do you show the division or the percentage? It would be cool though so I'm definitely keeping it in mind.

The release on the envelope doesn't seem to work?

• @[Deleted User] said:

@JSMilton said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@JSMilton said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@JSMilton said:

Features:

Bug fixes:

Cheers!

The release on the envelope doesn't seem to work?

Seems OK on my end. Are you changing the nodes length property?