Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Poly 2 is out

Comments

• edited October 2019

Still no upgrade IAP... Maybe Apple wants him for themselves.. another Camel Audio’s Alchemy moment?

Edit.. or Samplr?

• Any chance there’s an option to not have notes quantized? One of the things I really wanted in the first one was the ability to “remove” the grid...?

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    Any chance there’s an option to not have notes quantized? One of the things I really wanted in the first one was the ability to “remove” the grid...?

+1

• @kobamoto said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:
    Any chance there’s an option to not have notes quantized? One of the things I really wanted in the first one was the ability to “remove” the grid...?

+1

Click on the pattern icon lower right. Quantize setting is on left.

• edited October 2019

While I'm sure it's going to take a serious Sir Doug video for me to make sense of the thing I can't help but keep checking to see if the IAP's up yet.

Sigh.

Nope.

• @anickt said:

@kobamoto said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

+1

Click on the pattern icon lower right. Quantize setting is on left.

thanks will try that

• @reasOne said:
    What if fugue machine controlling ??

Thanks! Fugue machine was controlling isymphonic and ak synth1. But I was only using two of the playheads from it so not much of a fugue :D

• Apple hurry up. Fix this IAP thing. I can’t work since I am compulsively refreshing purchase page😂😂😂

• edited October 2019

Anyone else get an issue with sample playback when you reopen the app? The sample gives a flam effect. Resolved, AB link causes this. Dev will fix it.

• Quick update guys. I've just got off the phone with Apple and there seems to be a problem with the IAP being indexed into a database somewhere. They are looking into it and have said they'll get back to me in about 4 - 5 hours. Fingers crossed.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@JSMilton said:

Funnily enough that's also on my list of things to fix! There are a few little details here and there that need cleaning up, but I'd been working on this for nearly 2 years on and off so I just wanted to get it out and see what everyone thought. An update will come in the next 2 - 3 weeks with some improvements.

Completely understand the excited haste to free the bird.

As long as you’re ok with users noting/ asking for things you’re already aware of/have on the list’? 😂

Unless that list exists in public as some kind of future-changelog?

No problem with it at all! > @RajahP said:

Seems the patterns do not ‘capture’ the mixer settings independently (per pattern).. An option to include mixer setting to patterns will add more dynamics to this gem..
    No IAP here..

So this was something I thought about a while back but I decided against it as I thought it would be too confusing. I agree it would take the whole thing to another level, so maybe a configurable option to store mixer, sampler or FX settings with the patterns would work well.

• @JSMilton said:
    Quick update guys. I've just got off the phone with Apple and there seems to be a problem with the IAP being indexed into a database somewhere. They are looking into it and have said they'll get back to me in about 4 - 5 hours. Fingers crossed.

Thank you for the update. Much appreciated.

• It’s here.. Thanks

• edited October 2019

Now live for pro pack in UK cheers @JSMilton

• yep
    unlockable in my store too!:)
    bigups! fantastic playground this!

• Well worth the wait!

• Well - the weekend's over so this will have to wait now. Along with Fractal Bits. :'(

• Finally. This is gonna be fun 🙏🏼💕

• Had a little play with it in AUM and it's every bit as wonderful as I expected it would be. Will have a proper mess with it later on. I would have bought it at twice the price - it's that good. I'll be making something semi-generative this evening, with this and fractal bits. Nice 😁

• Poly 2 & Friends.

I think this plus Playbeat are gonna get a lot of use in the future. What a week for Apps.

• Updated to Pro here too. It doesn't look like it integrated Files app support, only "Share" and "Open in Poly2". I'll noodle with it later today, but I've already decided it's pretty darned fabulous, even BEFORE Pro.

• Pretty darned fabulous app indeed! Very well made. Tons of possibilities as (generative) sampleplayer and/or midi generator. All parameters for the 8 samplers and mixers available in AUM too. 5 Stars in the store. Hats off for dev James Milton.

• Bought it!

• I’m with you all - FABULOUS APP. Sorry for the shouting but it’s a happy, heppy shout of joy. Tons of fun and deep possibilities. Thank you @JSMilton !!

• Buys cake. Pretty cake. Sits happily waiting for someone to show him how to eat cake.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Buys cake. Pretty cake. Sits happily waiting for someone to show him how to eat cake.

The app has a build in manual and there are great presets (‘examples’)! Try out standalone or in AUM (after iap).

• @Harro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Buys cake. Pretty cake. Sits happily waiting for someone to show him how to eat cake.

The app has a build in manual and there are great presets (‘examples’)! Try out standalone or in AUM (after iap).

I shall indeed, but am a better watching-learner than reading one :) Thanks for the encouragement!

• edited October 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear
    Take fork, break off small piece of cake. Enjoy it’s sweetness. Smash fork against crumbs and eat that too. Pretty soon all of cake is being digested.

Seriously, I’ve only scratched the surface, but it’s not too hard to get rolling in this app.

• Love the midi input.. sending chords to transpose is like an arp like no other arp....and there is the sample section.. wonderful app..