Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Poly 2 is out

Comments

• @raindro said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    @JSMilton

Thank for the app!

The + option on randomize position and colours maybe could stay available/highlighted a split second longer. I think some people will find it tricky to hit in time.

Sliding your finger to the plus button works great!

Indeed 👍

• @JSMilton said:

look forward to the AU version :)
    Is there a way to sequence patterns and maybe trigger them via midi? Are there any AU parameters exposed?

• @[Deleted User] said:
    @JSMilton would be nice to have the sequencer GUI to step though the selected notes to help the user edit. Also have the colour of each step sequencer the same as the associated coloured nodes.

Thats actually on my list of things to do in an update, so expect it in the nearish future :)> @echoopera said:

Wow. This app is totally hypnotizing. Had a run with it this evening and wow..so much goodness here.

I can’t seem to upgrade to the Pro version yet...so in the meantime, just having fun with the native shipping sounds. Tremendous work on this @JSMilton 👊🏼™️💕

Here’s my little contribution to the thread:

Nice!

@Carnbot said:

@JSMilton said:

look forward to the AU version :)
    Is there a way to sequence patterns and maybe trigger them via midi? Are there any AU parameters exposed?

So in the AU you can trigger patterns with MIDI and you can also control the notes that are available for each color.

Can't believe the IAP isn't working yet. 20 hours and counting... I've been enjoying reading the comments so far though guys, thanks for all the positive feedback!

• @JSMilton the longest teasing time for an app.
    Little hope for tonight, high hope for tomorrow🤞🤞🤞

• I'm so much hoping that this is available tonight, so I can finish up with work stuff (on a Sunday, grr) and then get onto some Poly 2 loveliness. Seems unlikely that it will be released tonight (with it being Sunday), but I've not given up hope. Come on, Apple, ye swines!

• Some great new functionality on from the original app.

Is there a way to isolate nodes of one colour when rotating, so the others remain in place?

Brilliant work. Well done @JSMilton

I’ll definitely be getting the IAP.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    @JSMilton the longest teasing time for an app.
    Little hope for tonight, high hope for tomorrow🤞🤞🤞

Lol yeh, maybe this is all just a PR stunt. If I had to guess I'd say tomorrow is most likely, but you never know.

@SpookyZoo said:
    Some great new functionality on from the original app.

Is there a way to isolate nodes of one colour when rotating, so the others remain in place?

Brilliant work. Well done @JSMilton

I’ll definitely be getting the IAP.

Thanks man! Rotating individual colours is actually on my list of post release stuff already, so it might arrive in the near future.

• edited October 2019

@JSMilton said:

Thanks man! Rotating individual colours is actually on my list of post release stuff already, so it might arrive in the near future.

Good stuff. Only thing I’m kinda struggling with is getting the values to 100% towards the top of the device with the rotary action. Quite often it ‘bounces back’ to around 94%

• @SpookyZoo said:

@JSMilton said:

Good stuff. Only thing I’m kinda struggling with is getting the values to 100% towards the top of the device with the rotary action. Quite often it ‘bounces back’ to around 94%

Funnily enough that's also on my list of things to fix! There are a few little details here and there that need cleaning up, but I'd been working on this for nearly 2 years on and off so I just wanted to get it out and see what everyone thought. An update will come in the next 2 - 3 weeks with some improvements.

• @JSMilton said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@JSMilton said:

Funnily enough that's also on my list of things to fix! There are a few little details here and there that need cleaning up, but I'd been working on this for nearly 2 years on and off so I just wanted to get it out and see what everyone thought. An update will come in the next 2 - 3 weeks with some improvements.

Fantastic - looking forward I\to it even before purchasing the full thing 🙂.

• but isn’t there a way to complain to Apple about the impossibility of buying the pro package?

• Still no pro! Wahhhh

• edited October 2019

@JSMilton said:

Completely understand the excited haste to free the bird.

As long as you’re ok with users noting/ asking for things you’re already aware of/have on the list’? 😂

Unless that list exists in public as some kind of future-changelog?

• @[Deleted User] said:

@motmeister said:
    it looks like Poly2 has the capability to load your own samples. If the Pro version has that, is there a chance there will be an entry for Poly2 in "On my iPad" in the Files app? IMHO it would be much easier than using iTunes for that purpose.

I think you can use ios file app

OK, cool. I didn't see an "on my ipad" folder for Poly2 after installing it. Maybe it needs to have at least one file in it first.

• @reasOne said:
    This Is really drambo beta

Not enough room in the other Drambo thread? ;)

But this is pretty darned cool...

• edited October 2019

Seems the patterns do not ‘capture’ the mixer settings independently (per pattern).. An option to include mixer setting to patterns will add more dynamics to this gem..
    No IAP here..

• I got an update.... to Microsoft Outlook. :s

• Awesome app! Just tried the iap , still not working... it looks fantastic also 👍

• Beautiful app. Good buddy with Borderlands and Samplr when it comes to visual aesthetics and the joyful hands-on operations.

I couldn' get "Pitch repeat" to make any change to the sound. What is that parameter doing? The manual or ? help could improve in that area.

Btw, there were released some generative euclidean drum sequencers for Mozaic the last couple of days. Maybe they work well with this app!

• @bleep said:
    Beautiful app. Good buddy with Borderlands and Samplr when it comes to visual aesthetics and the joyful hands-on operations.

I couldn' get "Pitch repeat" to make any change to the sound. What is that parameter doing? The manual or ? help could improve in that area.

Btw, there were released some generative euclidean drum sequencers for Mozaic the last couple of days. Maybe they work well with this app!

Good point on 'pitch repeat'. Didn't seem to do anything for me, either.

• @audio_DT said:

@bleep said:
    Beautiful app. Good buddy with Borderlands and Samplr when it comes to visual aesthetics and the joyful hands-on operations.

Pitch repeat is linked to the notes played on the sequencer.

• Pitch repeat seems to repeat the note the number of times you set, but not for every note. It only gets applied to some notes.

Usually, with pitch repeat set to 1, you get a new random note every time, or the next note in your sequence, depending on the note mode you are in.

With pitch repeat set to 5, for example, it will cause the same pitch to play 5 times, but only sometimes. Some notes still only play once before the app chooses another random note or moves to the next note in the sequence.

• @audio_DT said:

@bleep said:

It was working for me. Then I couldn’t get it to work so I created a new pattern and it works as expected. Skip wasn’t working either until the new pattern. Not sure what that was all about.

• So, after a few hours playing....

I lost all my GAS about OP-Z.

This is BRUTAL!!!!

• @CracklePot said:
    Pitch repeat seems to repeat the note the number of times you set, but not for every note. It only gets applied to some notes.

Usually, with pitch repeat set to 1, you get a new random note every time, or the next note in your sequence, depending on the note mode you are in.

With pitch repeat set to 5, for example, it will cause the same pitch to play 5 times, but only sometimes. Some notes still only play once before the app chooses another random note or moves to the next note in the sequence.

Thanks for the explanation. And also thanks to @anickt and @[Deleted User] , too. What a wonderful bit of kit this is. I must have checked for the full version about 100 times now o:) . Driving synths with this is going to be so much fun I may drop out of life altogether, surfacing only rarely.

• edited October 2019

Got it. In my simplified setup to learn the parameters, I had created a new project with just a single node - and this node's keyboard thingy by default has only a single dot, and mode set to Random. This is why I didn't hear any changes when setting "pitch repeat" to 7.

So that keyboard thing can have its mode set to Sequence. Set that to length 2, enter two different notes, set "pitch repeat" to 3, and you'll hear each of those two notes played 3 times every time. At least for the simple setup with a single node. Perhaps this changes if more nodes of the same colour "steal" from this sequence.

The Midi mode sounds cool. Apparently, the AU can receive notes and then the nodes will choose from these continuously. Should make for a nice combination with chord apps and Fugue machine!

• a lot of fun, this app! Made a deal with myself to record something with it by midnight, IAP be damned. I did overload the cpu at the end and somehow managed to put 2 low pass filters on the same track, but I made my deadline :#

• edited October 2019

@Jhnk Good. Put me in mind of Mister Yorke writing music to go over the credits for a documentary about the consequences of the Austro-Prussian War.

• @JohnnyGoodyear thanks! I was wearing my Bismarck helmet while composing so that's understandable

• @Jhnk said:
    a lot of fun, this app! Made a deal with myself to record something with it by midnight, IAP be damned. I did overload the cpu at the end and somehow managed to put 2 low pass filters on the same track, but I made my deadline :#

This sounds great man!!
    What if fugue machine controlling ??