Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Poly 2 is out

Comments

• @JSMilton said:

@hellquist said:
    @JSMilton Thanks for an update to this beautiful app, which is a long time fave of mine. Are you planning an update to it's sister app which I think was called Caelestis or something similar? I loved both of them, and am so happy to have Poly back in the fold again. :)

Caelestis was the other app. I'm not opposed to bringing it back to life but it won't be anytime soon!

@waka_x said:
    fantastic update mr @JSMilton !!!!!
    there is only one request from me:
    the engine and the concept is fabulous BUT
    I humbly feel that it needs a more complexe shuffle...
    maybe some sort of nonlinear ways of playing?! with curves/acceleration/decceleration of sorts?!
    or maybe a random circle microdelay for each hit ?!
    just suggestions...
    THANK YOU!

You're welcome! Alternate ways of messing with the timing was something I originally had as an idea but never got around to doing. It's still on the list though so might show up in a future update.

@skiphunt said:
    @JSMilton did you pull the original Poly from the store?! It still worked perfectly fine and I’d already bought the IAPs in that one. Why pull it if it still works well?

I don’t really care so much about AUv3 but use the midi out. So, I have to pay again to get midi out? Dang it :( I was playing with Poly a couple weeks ago and it works perfectly. I don’t understand why it’d need to be removed from the store.

It was removed because I was receiving a lot of support emails about broken functionality. The fact that you already purchased it should mean you can still use it and download though no? It's just been removed for anyone who doesn't already have it. If you look in your purchased apps on the App Store it should still be there. If not let me know and I'll look into it.

Yes, this is my understanding, too. It's happened to me in the past but I've been able to re-download from purchase history.

• This update is so great.
    I still love the OG Poly, and use it often.
    This new version is such a nice update to the workflow, and many cool new functions are added.

Thank you @JSMilton

• @JSMilton yes, it’s still there under purchased. As long as I can still get to it, cool. I just played with Poly again with it playing my own samples and midi out. Working fine. It was standalone mode though, as that’s mostly how I like to use it.

Congrats on the new launch :)

• This looks great @JSMilton. So you created MV08 as well? Nice work! I still use that app all the time. So immediate.

• what are the differences between poly2 and poly original?

• edited October 2019

@waka_x said:
    fantastic update mr @JSMilton !!!!!
    there is only one request from me:
    the engine and the concept is fabulous BUT
    I humbly feel that it needs a more complexe shuffle...
    maybe some sort of nonlinear ways of playing?! with curves/acceleration/decceleration of sorts?!
    or maybe a random circle microdelay for each hit ?!
    just suggestions...
    THANK YOU!

nothing more important than this yesssss imho

• edited October 2019

@JSMilton just downloaded the 1.0.1 update and alas, still no IAP. It’s just got the spinner. Does it talk to a backend service that isn’t available or something?

• Repeat wheel for me too.... Poly was amazing and this should be sicker!

• I think we just need to wait for Apple, folks...

• @oceansinspace said:
    Repeat wheel for me too.... Poly was amazing and this should be sicker!

same here

• @gusgranite said:
    This looks great @JSMilton. So you created MV08 as well? Nice work! I still use that app all the time. So immediate.

It is, but I remember wandering away because for all the patterns in the world I couldn't figure out how to chain or song mode it....seemed a pity.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gusgranite said:
    This looks great @JSMilton. So you created MV08 as well? Nice work! I still use that app all the time. So immediate.

It is, but I remember wandering away because for all the patterns in the world I couldn't figure out how to chain or song mode it....seemed a pity.

Poorly the pity for the poly yesterday we said, praise be the poly we appear to think today...

• edited October 2019

@echoopera said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gusgranite said:

Poorly the pity for the poly yesterday we said, praise be the poly we appear to think today...

You are right you alliterative fool you, but I was actually referring to MV08....as regards the new and improved Poly2 (I like to think of it as Pretty Polly) I'm going to need a slow video etc... :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@echoopera said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gusgranite said:

You are right you alliterative fool you, but I was actually referring to MV08....as regards the new and improved Poly2 (I like to think of it as Pretty Polly) I'm going to need a slow video etc... :)

An ode to MV08 whom we’d often love had it not been for it’s tendency to obfuscate...a beat, a song, a complexity o’ pattern on and on and on...

🤪

• __> @echoopera said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@echoopera said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gusgranite said:

An ode to MV08 whom we’d often love had it not been for it’s tendency to obfuscate...a beat, a song, a complexity o’ pattern on and on and on...

🤪

OK, Senator, that’s quite enough wine for you!

• edited October 2019

@JSMilton would be nice to have the sequencer GUI to step though the selected notes to help the user edit. Also have the colour of each step sequencer the same as the associated coloured nodes.

• This feels like the kind of app the iPad was made for.

• Still no IAP. Anyone else?

• @anickt said:
    Still no IAP. Anyone else?

Nope, apple closed for the weekend?

• Seems really cool, but one thing still missing (but you are not the only one forgetting these...) are Program Change... :(
    Please... :)

• @anickt said:
    Still no IAP. Anyone else?

Nothing doing in Texas as of now and I was really hoping to buy this guy a humble breakfast....still time I guess.

• edited October 2019

Well, as we wait for the IAP.. Brillant..
    The Randomize Probability , wow.. who would have thought of that... amazing..

The ‘Snapshot’ (pattern) feature, can’t wait to fully explore.. would be nice if one could morph to another pattern (ala Maschine Lock )... Much to learn... Thanks for making... ❤️

• it looks like Poly2 has the capability to load your own samples. If the Pro version has that, is there a chance there will be an entry for Poly2 in "On my iPad" in the Files app? IMHO it would be much easier than using iTunes for that purpose.

• @motmeister said:
    it looks like Poly2 has the capability to load your own samples. If the Pro version has that, is there a chance there will be an entry for Poly2 in "On my iPad" in the Files app? IMHO it would be much easier than using iTunes for that purpose.

I think you can use ios file app

• @motmeister said:
    it looks like Poly2 has the capability to load your own samples. If the Pro version has that, is there a chance there will be an entry for Poly2 in "On my iPad" in the Files app? IMHO it would be much easier than using iTunes for that purpose.

Seems there is a ‘copy to user folder’ from AudioShare..

• edited October 2019

@kinkujin said:
    This feels like the kind of app the iPad was made for.

yes... I wonder if we are returning to the golden years..

• @[Deleted User] said:
    @JSMilton

Thank for the app!

The + option on randomize position and colours maybe could stay available/highlighted a split second longer. I think some people will find it tricky to hit in time.

Sliding your finger to the plus button works great!

• Wow. This app is totally hypnotizing. Had a run with it this evening and wow..so much goodness here.

I can’t seem to upgrade to the Pro version yet...so in the meantime, just having fun with the native shipping sounds. Tremendous work on this @JSMilton 👊🏼™️💕

Here’s my little contribution to the thread:

• This is the future !!

@kinkujin said:
    This feels like the kind of app the iPad was made for.

Yeah - 100% !
    Instabuy

• This Is really drambo beta