Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Poly 2 is out

Comments

• @JSMilton said:
    Hey guys,

I'm James, the dev for Poly. An update has just been released that fixes the IAP so Pro mode can now be unlocked! I'll be keeping an eye on this thread so if you have any questions feel free to post them here or email me directly.

Cheers

James

Thanks for stopping by James. And congrats on V2. Looking forward to unlocking it etc. And, I have no doubt, folks will have suggestions and requests for you. It's what we do :)

• @Prog1967 said:
    I still have problems with IAP

@JSMilton me too. I even deleted and reinstalled Poly 2 from the App Store.

• @Prog1967 said:

It might take a few hours for it to start appearing in the app and on the store. Pretty frustrating, hopefully it starts working soon.

@[Deleted User] said:
    @JSMilton

Thank for the app!

The + option on randomize position and colours maybe could stay available/highlighted a split second longer. I think some people will find it tricky to hit in time.

You can just slide your finger over to the + button! As long as you don't lift your finger it doesn't disappear.

• @JSMilton said:

@Prog1967 said:

It might take a few hours for it to start appearing in the app and on the store. Pretty frustrating, hopefully it starts working soon.

@[Deleted User] said:
    @JSMilton

Thank for the app!

The + option on randomize position and colours maybe could stay available/highlighted a split second longer. I think some people will find it tricky to hit in time.

You can just slide your finger over to the + button! As long as you don't lift your finger it doesn't disappear.

Got it

• Just updated but still not able to get to unlock it

• @JSMilton said:
    Hey guys,

I'm James, the dev for Poly. An update has just been released that fixes the IAP so Pro mode can now be unlocked! I'll be keeping an eye on this thread so if you have any questions feel free to post them here or email me directly.

Cheers

James

Any tutorial videos? Seems pretty deep..

• @RajahP said:

@JSMilton said:
    Hey guys,

Cheers

James

No videos I'm afraid. There are some example projects in the settings, plus a pretty extensive help page. If there's enough demand for it I suppose I could make a few.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@JSMilton said:

@Prog1967 said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    @JSMilton

Thank for the app!

Got it

Is there a way to select all coloured nodes in use to add reverb/delay?

• edited October 2019

@JSMilton updated the app but impossible to unlock pro version. Hope it works soon.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@JSMilton said:

@Prog1967 said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    @JSMilton

Thank for the app!

Got it

Is there a way to select all coloured nodes in use to add reverb/delay?

The best way to add sends to every node for a color is using the Mixer

@Charlesalbert said:
    @JSMilton updated the app but impossible to unlock pro version. Hope it works soon.

Apparently it can take 48 hours for the IAPs to become available, but usually it takes a few hours. If I'd known this I would have taken a different approach with the free / paid versions. Immensely frustrating for me to be honest!

• Hi James, longtime fan of the original Poly here. Do you have any idea of the ETA in the UK App Store?

• @RajahP said:

@JSMilton said:
    Hey guys,

Cheers

James

@RajahP I know @PerlexOn been beta the app his videos are usually very good so watch his u tube channel hopefully something will appear.

• it's in the UK appstore but not possible to unlock pro yet

@bennorland said:
    Hi James, longtime fan of the original Poly here. Do you have any idea of the ETA in the UK App Store?

• @bennorland said:
    Hi James, longtime fan of the original Poly here. Do you have any idea of the ETA in the UK App Store?

It can take a few hours for the app to start appearing in the search results. If you go to the MV08 then Poly shows up at the bottom. In hindsight, I probably should have waited till everything was appearing properly before notifying the whole Audiobus mailing list. Never had it take this long in the past though!

• @JSMilton said:

@bennorland said:

It can take a few hours for the app to start appearing in the search results. If you go to the MV08 then Poly shows up at the bottom. In hindsight, I probably should have waited till everything was appearing properly before notifying the whole Audiobus mailing list. Never had it take this long in the past though!

Don't worry, a little hype doesn't hurt. Its not like we have to wait too long. 👍

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JSMilton said:
    Hey guys,

Cheers

James

Thanks for stopping by James. And congrats on V2. Looking forward to unlocking it etc. And, I have no doubt, folks will have suggestions and requests for you. It's what we do :)

@[Deleted User] said:

@JSMilton said:

@bennorland said:

Don't worry, a little hype doesn't hurt. Its not like we have to wait too long. 👍

Cheers guys!

• @JSMilton How much does it cost when Iap will be available? The app is supreme. Can’t wait to use it as auv3.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    @JSMilton How much does it cost when Iap will be available? The app is supreme. Can’t wait to use it as auv3.

It's going to be £11.99

• @JSMilton said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    @JSMilton How much does it cost when Iap will be available? The app is supreme. Can’t wait to use it as auv3.

It's going to be £11.99

And well worth it!

• @JSMilton thanks for the info. Worth every cents.

• I see it in u.s. AppStore but GET button is grayed out. Will check back later.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@RajahP said:

@JSMilton said:
    Hey guys,

Cheers

James

@RajahP I know @PerlexOn been beta the app his videos are usually very good so watch his u tube channel hopefully something will appear.

Thanks.. will look him up..

Think I’m getting the hang of it...

• Wow this is great! So much fun.

• Maybe it’s grayed out due to my iPad being on os version12.1? Don’t want to update if I don’t have to. Thoughts?

• @JSMilton Thanks for an update to this beautiful app, which is a long time fave of mine. Are you planning an update to it's sister app which I think was called Caelestis or something similar? I loved both of them, and am so happy to have Poly back in the fold again. :)

• I've got the free version and am itching to upgrade to the full version. This thing is soooo lovely. I can't wait to have it driving synths in AUM, and hopefully NS2. I've updated the app but the upgrade thingy still isn't showing just yet, but I'm a patient man :-)

• Wow, I'm quite happy (and surprised) that Poly didn't die and came back with the AUv3 and fan support form other users here.
    With that said... There's hope for Xynthesizr.

• fantastic update mr @JSMilton !!!!!
    there is only one request from me:
    the engine and the concept is fabulous BUT
    I humbly feel that it needs a more complexe shuffle...
    maybe some sort of nonlinear ways of playing?! with curves/acceleration/decceleration of sorts?!
    or maybe a random circle microdelay for each hit ?!
    just suggestions...
    THANK YOU!

• edited October 2019

@JSMilton did you pull the original Poly from the store?! It still worked perfectly fine and I’d already bought the IAPs in that one. Why pull it if it still works well?

I don’t really care so much about AUv3 but use the midi out. So, I have to pay again to get midi out? Dang it :( I was playing with Poly a couple weeks ago and it works perfectly. I don’t understand why it’d need to be removed from the store.

• @hellquist said:
    @JSMilton Thanks for an update to this beautiful app, which is a long time fave of mine. Are you planning an update to it's sister app which I think was called Caelestis or something similar? I loved both of them, and am so happy to have Poly back in the fold again. :)

Caelestis was the other app. I'm not opposed to bringing it back to life but it won't be anytime soon!

@waka_x said:
    fantastic update mr @JSMilton !!!!!
    there is only one request from me:
    the engine and the concept is fabulous BUT
    I humbly feel that it needs a more complexe shuffle...
    maybe some sort of nonlinear ways of playing?! with curves/acceleration/decceleration of sorts?!
    or maybe a random circle microdelay for each hit ?!
    just suggestions...
    THANK YOU!

You're welcome! Alternate ways of messing with the timing was something I originally had as an idea but never got around to doing. It's still on the list though so might show up in a future update.

@skiphunt said:
    @JSMilton did you pull the original Poly from the store?! It still worked perfectly fine and I’d already bought the IAPs in that one. Why pull it if it still works well?

I don’t really care so much about AUv3 but use the midi out. So, I have to pay again to get midi out? Dang it :( I was playing with Poly a couple weeks ago and it works perfectly. I don’t understand why it’d need to be removed from the store.

It was removed because I was receiving a lot of support emails about broken functionality. The fact that you already purchased it should mean you can still use it and download though no? It's just been removed for anyone who doesn't already have it. If you look in your purchased apps on the App Store it should still be there. If not let me know and I'll look into it.