Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A warning from Korg about iOS 13 and macOS Catalina

edited October 2019 in General App Discussion

I don't know if this has been talked about here before. Korg sent me this yesterday:

"Please be advised that we are currently testing all KORG products for compliance with upcoming Mac updates including iOS 13 and macOS Catalina, and will confirm compliance dates for each KORG product when possible. We strongly advise against updating your Mac OS/iOS until further notice. To date, we have found that there are products that do not work currently with these OS. Of note, the KORG USB MIDI Driver, the standard driver for all Korg products outfitted with USB MIDI, is not currently compatible. "

macOS Catalina and iOS 13 support for KORG products (October 1, 2019 updated):

https://www.korg.com/us/news/2019/0911/

Comments

• Good post. Been scouring the web trying to find info on my various production software, plugins, interfaces, etc. Be great if there was one consolidated ios13/Catalina compatibility thread where we track/report the latest. It would probably take a Herculean effort for someone to gather info from the thread and keep updating the OP though.

• @WillieNegus said:
    Good post. Been scouring the web trying to find info on my various production software, plugins, interfaces, etc. Be great if there was one consolidated ios13/Catalina compatibility thread where we track/report the latest. It would probably take a Herculean effort for someone to gather info from the thread and keep updating the OP though.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34943/nanokey-studio-ios-13#latest

• @WillieNegus said:
    Good post. Been scouring the web trying to find info on my various production software, plugins, interfaces, etc. Be great if there was one consolidated ios13/Catalina compatibility thread where we track/report the latest. It would probably take a Herculean effort for someone to gather info from the thread and keep updating the OP though.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34278/korg-nanokey-studio-will-not-connect-to-ipad-os-beta-over-bluetooth#latest

• @WillieNegus said:

tl/dr: the results after the update are inconsistent. Model of Apple or Korg device do not appear to be a factor. Otoh, having the Korg device paired via Bluetooth prior to updating seems to preserve the functionality. However, the sample size is rather small so I and several others have pushed back the update until Korg come up with a stable solution.