Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

vocal/ choir apps

are there any choir apps on ios? i don’t think i’ve ever seen any have you?

Comments

• @eross BeatHawk has a really nice Choir Expansion IAP and Pure Synth has some fantastic Choir and Voice patches, also some nice ones in bs-16i if you download some extra SoundFonts.
    SampleTank has some too.

• iSymphonic also has some choirs in the IAPs. Beathawk is awesome though...

• edited October 2019

Streetly Mellotron and Sopranotron have voice patches.

Edit: Thumbjam might have mellotron choirs in it too

• @mjcouche said:
    iSymphonic also has some choirs in the IAPs. Beathawk is awesome though...

ohh yeah i symphonic that’s right. forgot that one.

• here is a challenge for you guys. how about a russian choir? that would be awesome. or even russian choir sample that could be imported to IOS samplers.

• I am pretty sure the Choirs in apps sing vowels, so native language shouldn’t matter.
    Maybe I am wrong, though.

• Don't know if it made it out of the Japan Store over the years or, how much it has improved... but..

• @eross said:
    here is a challenge for you guys. how about a russian choir? that would be awesome. or even russian choir sample that could be imported to IOS samplers.

Streetlytron Pro has a great Russian choir, but it definitely sounds like a tape sample. I’m actually using it in a song right now:

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@eross said:
    here is a challenge for you guys. how about a russian choir? that would be awesome. or even russian choir sample that could be imported to IOS samplers.

Streetlytron Pro has a great Russian choir, but it definitely sounds like a tape sample. I’m actually using it in a song right now:

Damn swore that said HAIRY Male Solo.....

Doesn't Pure Synth have some nice vocal/choral patches?

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@eross said:

So, I have to ask...
    What makes it sound Russian compared to other choirs?

• Not Russian, but Gregorian....

• i do t have that app. but usually it is the accent and the darker tone. thing “ hunt for red october” or crimson tide

• @CracklePot said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@eross said:

So, I have to ask...
    What makes it sound Russian compared to other choirs?

Mostly the Russian phonology, but also a stronger tenor section seems to be part of it.

• Beathawk choir sounds great, doesn’t take up much space on your device either.

There was an IAP sale not long ago so probably won’t be discounted again for a while. Definitely worth the money

• @eross said:
    i do t have that app. but usually it is the accent and the darker tone. thing “ hunt for red october” or crimson tide

But you should. It’s special.
    You can layer instances in AUM and pretty much dial up what you want.

• 1000 Jussi’s!

😂😂😂

• As well as the Choirs pack in Beathawk, there are a lot of vocals in the Balkans pack, they tend to be short phrases rather than oohs and ahhs. More synthetic sounding are Klevgrand Jussi, Synthmaster Player IAPs including vangelis. It might be good to build your choir from several different sources, you could assign different ranges in AUM, and blend several of the suggestions above