Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Playbeat by AUDIOMODERN EOOD

Comments

• @craftycurate said:

@White said:

The demo video is a bit misleading because the kick is clearly coming from another track, as if admitting that the plugin isn't really designed to create a full beat on its own.

The cilantro is a bit misleading. There also seems to be avocado, jalapeño and — my God, diced tomato! — in my guacamole.

;)

• Another quick spaced out jam !

• edited October 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@craftycurate said:

@White said:

The demo video is a bit misleading because the kick is clearly coming from another track, as if admitting that the plugin isn't really designed to create a full beat on its own.

Harsh.

Don’t think so. It is what it is. If it’s designed to create randomisation, then you might prefer other elements to provide a steady beat. It would work very well to farm out the randomness to Playbeat while using a kick loop etc for the regular elements, esp since Playbeat only has four channels.

• @Audiomodern said:
    Hey @craftycurate, we have also replied on our Youtube. This particular reviewer did not find it very useful to have one channel from Playbeat simply playing the Kick, as it is an overview of its features. However, of course you can set one of the tracks to simply play 4/4 and randomize the remaining channels. We have more videos to follow this weekend with different settings/scenarios.

That’s fine ... it just wasn’t clear to begin with the way it was presented. I think I would probably be using other elements for the steady beat and letting Playbeat do what it does best and add more random elements.

• edited October 2019

@Audiomodern

Excuse rushed crap Photoshop skillz but I'm just saying there's a market of at least three or four of us who would celebrate the addition of The Almighty God PAN :) Hell, I'd pay an IAP for it , but then I'm a pan tart...

• @craftycurate said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@craftycurate said:

@White said:

Harsh.

Don’t think so. It is what it is. If it’s designed to create randomisation, then you might prefer other elements to provide a steady beat. It would work very well to farm out the randomness to Playbeat while using a kick loop etc for the regular elements, esp since Playbeat only has four channels.

Agree to disagree my fiend :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @Audiomodern

Excuse rushed crap Photoshop skillz but I'm just saying there's a market of at least three or four of us who would celebrate the addition of The Almighty God PAN :) Hell, I'd pay an IAP for it , but then I'm a pan tart...

GOLD.

• @craftycurate said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@craftycurate said:

@White said:

Harsh.

I just put a steady four on the flour pattern with no problems whatsoever. It is only as random as you ask it to be.

• @JohnnyGoodyear We're hiring! Good idea, i guess including an amount from 0 to L-100 / R+100 ?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @Audiomodern

👍🏻

• @Audiomodern Sorry if I missed this but is there Midi Out? I really want to use this to trigger other drum apps.

PS Looking forward to Riffr update.

• @Poppadocrock You mean like a MIDI controller? This plugin uses four independent pitch shifters and one would have to feed MIDI into a module with the same engine to have these results.

• @Audiomodern said:
    @Poppadocrock You mean like a MIDI controller? This plugin uses four independent pitch shifters and one would have to feed MIDI into a module with the same engine to have these results.

It could send out the equivalent pitched notes, would be great to feed to apps like Audiolayer :)

• edited October 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@reasOne said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@reasOne said:
    I’m really lost on recalling a preset, or maybe I am saving it wrong...or maybe it only saves via host...

But I had a pattern going. Closed the app, reopened it but the samples did not reload into it only the data on the app

It doesn’t save samples by the looks of it as it has presets but no banks unlike EG Pulse. You get something going you need to mix it down first I think.

Ahhhh
    So you make your jam , then capture thE audio and then it’s gone. That kinda isn’t what I wanted but I guess it is what it is!

Do you know if you can do a song mode and chain patterns / presets

Yup, I am always a hound for Song Mode/pattern chaining, but this is SO QUICK to develop one pattern into the next into the next that some sort of simple loop on/loop off pattern progression option would be brilliant.

I think this baton should to be taken up by ‘host developers’ now.. Snap-Shots of ‘States’ in a project, launch them live, set them up for Song Mode etc.. I think we do have the computing power today to capture and launch complete ‘states‘ and not just ‘clips’..

@Jumpercollins said:
    I done a quick video for anyone who’s interested.

This sold

@Audiomodern said:
    Hi again, I understand the confusion about saving samples along with presets here. It was a decision we had to take at some point during development.
    Right now saving a preset will only save the data/pattern settings but not the samples if you quit/close the App and re-open.
    It was necessary to do so in order to keep the App quick and not having to collect samples from everywhere. But that is only if you close and re-open. However this can easily be fixed and thank you for mentioning this.

Bought... Not just for the Dev's Responsiveness... Thanks.

• @Audiomodern yea, I was hoping to use it in AB3 Midi slot to drive a separate drum machine. I’m a little confused by the second part of your answer... but I think I’m fundamentally misunderstanding this app.

• Yeah, good this, two things though:

It’d be great if it started with a loaded kit, and I can’t work out how the patterns work. How do you save one? I just end up with a load of identical patterns when I try.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    @Audiomodern yea, I was hoping to use it in AB3 Midi slot to drive a separate drum machine. I’m a little confused by the second part of your answer... but I think I’m fundamentally misunderstanding this app.

@Poppadocrock
    I can’t see it advertising any midi out ports just midi in. Tried the old local in local out trick with Midiflow no go.

• How would it send the MIDI out? As four different channels?

• @MonzoPro said:
    Yeah, good this, two things though:

It’d be great if it started with a loaded kit, and I can’t work out how the patterns work. How do you save one? I just end up with a load of identical patterns when I try.

Long press downstairs skipper.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Yeah, good this, two things though:

Long press downstairs skipper.

That's the feller, cheers Boss!

• @Audiomodern bought to support your great work.

This night I will dig in it when I’ll put my kids to sleep😂😂😂

• Random huh? Right up my alley! Nice work, @Audiomodern! I have Riffer on iOS and Desktop so looking forward to checking this out.

If you are open to feature request (ahem...) then +1 for panning, also humanization and probability would be mega.

And how come not 8 channels, out of interest? UI decision?

Thanks again!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@reasOne said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@reasOne said:
    I’m really lost on recalling a preset, or maybe I am saving it wrong...or maybe it only saves via host...

But I had a pattern going. Closed the app, reopened it but the samples did not reload into it only the data on the app

It doesn’t save samples by the looks of it as it has presets but no banks unlike EG Pulse. You get something going you need to mix it down first I think.

Ahhhh
    So you make your jam , then capture thE audio and then it’s gone. That kinda isn’t what I wanted but I guess it is what it is!

Yup, I am always a hound for Song Mode/pattern chaining, but this is SO QUICK to develop one pattern into the next into the next that some sort of simple loop on/loop off pattern progression option would be brilliant.

100% agree ! A 4 bar loop is not long enough and If you’re jamming on a synth or other instruments you really can’t be in changing drum patterns either, would love to see some kind a way to loop a set of patterns or arrange into a song mode

• @reasOne said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@reasOne said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@reasOne said:

Ahhhh

100% agree ! A 4 bar loop is not long enough and If you’re jamming on a synth or other instruments you really can’t be in changing drum patterns either, would love to see some kind a way to loop a set of patterns or arrange into a song mode

+1

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @Audiomodern

what the heck I was just about to pull the trigger when I saw your guiding light lol

• edited October 2019

Okay a Request, just need these esoteric bits

Panning

Audio Loop Export

Midi Out

Longer patterns

• @kobamoto said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @Audiomodern

what the heck I was just about to pull the trigger when I saw your guiding light lol

You know you've made it when you can rely on henchmen to do your bidding.

• lol, Henchman nay but brethren of the cloth ayeeeee

• Thanks. That’s disappointing, although it does look great I wish it could also control other apps too. @Jumpercollins

@lukesleepwalker I was thinking it would be a great way to randomize or sequence a drum machine beat. I was thinking it was Something like Rozeta XOX/Rhytm but with stand-alone, sample loading, and some other differences. Like A Riffr for drums. I’m not sure How it would work, but hope it does at some point.

• @Audiomodern , bought both Riffr and Playbeat today. Excellent, love them, but one problem.
    Playbeat loaded in AUM, synced to host, swapping saved presets in the AUM preset browser causes a slight glitch in the timing of playback, causing a drift out of time. It becomes more apparent if presets are swapped many times. Not ideal, as it takes a transport stop-start in AUM to resync everything.
    Hope you can look into this, thanks