Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Playbeat by AUDIOMODERN EOOD

Comments

• Just had a go desktop demo. Pretty fun! I'll probably cave in and get it but I think it should have midi out. :)

• Is this 4/4 time signature only?

• edited October 2019

OK, this is my new favorite thing. I had something that made me smile from ear to ear in less than two minutes--just using the factory samples. @MonzoPro this is right up your alley. Makes a wonderful clatter and it has the same "it just works" characteristic that Riffer has.

BTW, it doesn't appear that you can state save samples in standalone version and find them in AU. But, the AU does state save the samples and the sequence.

• edited October 2019

@Carnbot said:
    Just had a go desktop demo. Pretty fun! I'll probably cave in and get it but I think it should have midi out. :)

Yeah - does look like fun. The "Infinity Loop" thing is cool.

But I can't see any "export" options on the desktop trial version - does the iOS version have "export" and does it export clean loops?

• 8 just posted an overview video..
    Here is the link:

There is also a yaheD reverse delay GIVEAWAY on the Facebook group actually..
    Link in the Video description...
    There is a Giveaway everyday...

• We are synchronise today...
    I post my video and 8 see yours..
    I post the link here and I see yours...
    🤪🤪🤪
    🙏🙏🙏🙏

• Just had a look at the manual (don't often do that) and it doesn't look like there is any "export" option. You just use it as a sound source and not as a "sample loop maker".

• It’s easy enough to record perfect loops in AUM.

• This is cool! Thanks to everyone who posted a video demo!
    Couple of questions: song mode ? Can you do triplets and such on a channel while the other plays one beat ?

• edited October 2019

@Audiomodern

I’m getting the scaling AU problems inside NS2 for example.

Great app by the way hope midi out gets implemented at some point.

• edited October 2019

@ExAsperis99 said:
    It’s easy enough to record perfect loops in AUM.

It is, but it is even easier if the app supports a nice, clean loop export like in Blocs Wave, Egoist, Gadget and tons of other apps.

You should be able to say "yes, I like that loop" and then just go "export" and that's it. Having to manipulate the wavefile in another app is a pain. That's why software has "export" functions.

• Just for fun

• I’m really lost on recalling a preset, or maybe I am saving it wrong...or maybe it only saves via host...

But I had a pattern going. Closed the app, reopened it but the samples did not reload into it only the data on the app

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    OK, this is my new favorite thing. I had something that made me smile from ear to ear in less than two minutes--just using the factory samples. @MonzoPro this is right up your alley. Makes a wonderful clatter and it has the same "it just works" characteristic that Riffer has.

BTW, it doesn't appear that you can state save samples in standalone version and find them in AU. But, the AU does state save the samples and the sequence.

Does it allow drag and drop of samples? I'm guessing there's no sample editing options (ADSR etc.) which limits it slightly for what I'd do with it.

However, it does look right up my alley, and I'm a big fan of Riffer. Not too fussed by the limitations as I've got Pulse for more controlled sample playback.

This one, Pulse, and Riffer all playing along in AUM (alright, I'll chuck in DigiStix as well) would definitely make my kind of racket.

• @MonzoPro said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Does it allow drag and drop of samples? I'm guessing there's no sample editing options (ADSR etc.) which limits it slightly for what I'd do with it.

However, it does look right up my alley, and I'm a big fan of Riffer. Not too fussed by the limitations as I've got Pulse for more controlled sample playback.

This one, Pulse, and Riffer all playing along in AUM (alright, I'll chuck in DigiStix as well) would definitely make my kind of racket.

This one is all about the algorithm. The import of samples is not particularly easy and the sample editing and shaping tools are not here. I would do all sample prep elsewhere. But the AI has the same musical magic as Riffer. I think of it this way: I just hired a new band member.

• @Simon said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    It’s easy enough to record perfect loops in AUM.

It is, but it is even easier if the app supports a nice, clean loop export like in Blocs Wave, Egoist, Gadget and tons of other apps.

You should be able to say "yes, I like that loop" and then just go "export" and that's it. Having to manipulate the wavefile in another app is a pain. That's why software has "export" functions.

It is still earlyish in Austin and I am feeling cumudgeonly but hell yes on easily exporting the eggs that are right here on the plate etc.

• edited October 2019

Hello all,
    We want to thank you for your interest in Playbeat, your trust and support.
    We pay close attention to any request on this forum and we see that a direct audio export is most requested, which we will get to work ASAP.
    For any feature request please email us directly @ contact [at] audiomodern [dot] com and we will be much happy to work on those.

// For Riffer owners: We are about to release a major update with many new creative & requested features which we hope we can publish this month. Stay tuned :)

• @reasOne said:
    I’m really lost on recalling a preset, or maybe I am saving it wrong...or maybe it only saves via host...

But I had a pattern going. Closed the app, reopened it but the samples did not reload into it only the data on the app

It doesn’t save samples by the looks of it as it has presets but no banks unlike EG Pulse. You get something going you need to mix it down first I think.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@MonzoPro said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

This one is all about the algorithm. The import of samples is not particularly easy and the sample editing and shaping tools are not here. I would do all sample prep elsewhere. But the AI has the same musical magic as Riffer. I think of it this way: I just hired a new band member.

Hmmm...I think resistance is futile!

@Audiomodern said:
    Hello all,
    We pay close attention to any request on this forum and we see that a direct audio export is most requested, which we will get to work ASAP.
    For any feature request please email us directly @ contact [at] audiomodern [dot] com and we will be much happy to work on those.

// For Riffer owners: We are about to release a major update with many new creative & requested features which we hope we can publish this month. Stay tuned :)

Riffer is a brilliant app, one of my most used. Look forward to the update!

• Nice!! Audiomodern is right on top of that rose! Much thankyas

• @Audiomodern said:
    Hello all,

Hi, thanks for the release and look forward to Riffer update!
    If midi out is planned for Playbeat then will definitely pick this up :)

• @Audiomodern said:
    Hello all,

Congrats on the release!

Only had a quick play with it, but it is SUPER QUICK :) And yes, easy immediate export would be brilliant BUT...HOLD ON TO YOUR HAT: You're about to get 100 suggestions and requests. This is the best research petri dish in the world, but don't be discouraged, we only ask because we love you :)

Good luck! (And looking forward to the Riffer update.... :) )

• @Jumpercollins said:

@reasOne said:
    I’m really lost on recalling a preset, or maybe I am saving it wrong...or maybe it only saves via host...

It doesn’t save samples by the looks of it as it has presets but no banks unlike EG Pulse. You get something going you need to mix it down first I think.

Ahhhh
    So you make your jam , then capture thE audio and then it’s gone. That kinda isn’t what I wanted but I guess it is what it is!

Do you know if you can do a song mode and chain patterns / presets

• edited October 2019

@Audiomodern said:
    We pay close attention to any request on this forum and we see that a direct audio export is most requested, >which we will get to work ASAP.

Nice one!

Congrats on PlayBeat.

• Hi again, I understand the confusion about saving samples along with presets here. It was a decision we had to take at some point during development.
    Right now saving a preset will only save the data/pattern settings but not the samples if you quit/close the App and re-open.
    It was necessary to do so in order to keep the App quick and not having to collect samples from everywhere. But that is only if you close and re-open. However this can easily be fixed and thank you for mentioning this.

• @reasOne said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@reasOne said:

Ahhhh
    So you make your jam , then capture thE audio and then it’s gone. That kinda isn’t what I wanted but I guess it is what it is!

Do you know if you can do a song mode and chain patterns / presets

Yup, I am always a hound for Song Mode/pattern chaining, but this is SO QUICK to develop one pattern into the next into the next that some sort of simple loop on/loop off pattern progression option would be brilliant.

• @White said:

The demo video is a bit misleading because the kick is clearly coming from another track, as if admitting that the plugin isn't really designed to create a full beat on its own.

• @Audiomodern said:
    Hi again, I understand the confusion about saving samples along with presets here. It was a decision we had to take at some point during development.
    Right now saving a preset will only save the data/pattern settings but not the samples if you quit/close the App and re-open.
    It was necessary to do so in order to keep the App quick and not having to collect samples from everywhere. But that is only if you close and re-open. However this can easily be fixed and thank you for mentioning this.

!!! Would be great if you think it’ll be a good add on

• @craftycurate said:

@White said:

The demo video is a bit misleading because the kick is clearly coming from another track, as if admitting that the plugin isn't really designed to create a full beat on its own.

Harsh.

• Hey @craftycurate, we have also replied on our Youtube. This particular reviewer did not find it very useful to have one channel from Playbeat simply playing the Kick, as it is an overview of its features. However, of course you can set one of the tracks to simply play 4/4 and randomize the remaining channels. We have more videos to follow this weekend with different settings/scenarios.