Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Playbeat by AUDIOMODERN EOOD

Comments

• 2018 iPad, latest os

• @Gavinski said:
    2018 iPad, latest os

So you touch and the touch is not being noticed by the device?
    Never had that in playbeat. iPad Pro 11 inch latest os

• Yeah, the touch is fine for sliders etc, but not correctly responsive on anything with a menu. Are u on the 2018 Pro @david_2017?

• Still wishing for multi-out.

• @Gavinski said:
    Yeah, the touch is fine for sliders etc, but not correctly responsive on anything with a menu. Are u on the 2018 Pro @david_2017?

I completely lost my feeling for years and timing through some personal and corona stuff. But I actually hat the chance to buy the 11 inch two months after Tim Apple released it. I think it was 2018 though

I will revisit Playbeat. Sliders you say... hmm 🤔 will check

• Latest update allows you to save and load kits finally! 🙏🏾

• @Gavinski said:
    Unfortunately, I just tried and am still having the problem with touch responsiveness that others have also mentioned before. Damn, I hoped this would be fixed. I literally have to stab the screen like a maniac to get it to open a sample. It just doesn’t respond to normal levels of pressure. Anyone else having this? If so, please contact the dev (I already have, but the more the merrier)

For me it seems that sample selection requires a double-tap. Are you single or double-tapping on the samples? I’m able to preview the sample with a single-tap.

• @xor excellent observation - a fast double tap works. I think that is bad design, because a single tap on this kind of menu is the norm, but that will do the job ok, thanks a lot.

• @Gavinski said:
    @xor excellent observation - a fast double tap works. I think that is bad design, because a single tap on this kind of menu is the norm, but that will do the job ok, thanks a lot.

I was foiled by the 2-finger swipe up to delete modules gesture in NuRack last night, so I can relate to this comment.
    😊

• In the iOS 14 beta, when the sequencer is running every sample turns into a flam. It sounds amazing and now I wish it was a feature.

• @ahallam said:
    In the iOS 14 beta, when the sequencer is running every sample turns into a flam. It sounds amazing and now I wish it was a feature.

I’m still on 13 and it was doing that until I realized the density controls multiple hits and any density amount greater than 1 on a step will do this. Maybe you are seeing something different than this on 14.

• edited July 2020

@yowza said:

@ahallam said:
    In the iOS 14 beta, when the sequencer is running every sample turns into a flam. It sounds amazing and now I wish it was a feature.

I’m still on 13 and it was doing that until I realized the density controls multiple hits and any density amount greater than 1 on a step will do this. Maybe you are seeing something different than this on 14.

Or maybe it’s this and I’m totally mistaken. :) This thing I didn’t know it did makes me like it a lot more though.

• The kit saving thing is good, doesn’t state save when reloaded in AUM though - the sequence is lost and you have to reload the kit.

• @MonzoPro damn. Let's all ease email the devs about this. AUs not state saving properly is such an inconvenience.

• State saving working here. iPhone 8. Just quickly checked it with AUM and a randomized best with two samples.

• Huh, I'll check later when near my iPad

• edited July 2020

@david_2017 said:
    State saving working here. iPhone 8. Just quickly checked it with AUM and a randomized best with two samples.

It doesn’t state save the pattern, the drum kit has to be reloaded, sometimes it’s not working with Link and has to be reloaded twice, and just now when reloading the kit there was a loud click sound, and it killed all audio.

Unusable for me in its current state. Ironically I was using their other app Riffer in the session, which worked absolutely fine.

Borked.

• @MonzoPro said:

@david_2017 said:
    State saving working here. iPhone 8. Just quickly checked it with AUM and a randomized best with two samples.

It doesn’t state save the pattern, the drum kit has to be reloaded, sometimes it’s not working with Link and has to be reloaded twice, and just now when reloading the kit there was a loud click sound, and it killed all audio.

Unusable for me in its current state. Ironically I was using their other app Riffer in the session, which worked absolutely fine.

Borked.

All issues you are reporting had been sorted out. This is really strange. 2.1? Have you tried to delete the app and install it again. The loud click killing audio was smashed long ago. Hmm 🤔

• edited July 2020

@david_2017 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@david_2017 said:

Borked.

All issues you are reporting had been sorted out. This is really strange. 2.1? Have you tried to delete the app and install it again. The loud click killing audio was smashed long ago. Hmm 🤔

Just deleted and reinstalled. Tried about ten times creating patterns with custom kits, each time I reloaded the pattern was lost and no kit loaded.

State saving is non-existent for me.

• Would love to see samples organized into kicks, snares, hats and percussion banks. With that, the app could add randomization to which sound is loaded. Either via the dice like other existing parameters or a one off “load” randomization ala BlocsWave.

• @mlau said:
    no problem here

Are you using AUM?

I’m no iOS 12x, maybe that’s causing the issue?

• no problems here either so far on 13, sounds like it must be an ios 12 issue.

• edited July 2020

@Carnbot said:
    no problems here either so far on 13, sounds like it must be an ios 12 issue.

Bugger.

Nah, state saving totally broken here. Opens with a blank kit, and the previous pattern is visible for a split second before disappearing.

Sent to my ‘broken stuff’ folder.

• @MonzoPro last ios, and Aum ...

• @mlau said:
    @MonzoPro last ios, and Aum ...

Cheers. IOS 12 bug then.

• @MonzoPro said:

@mlau said:

Cheers. IOS 12 bug then.

Looks likely. Working fine on 13.5.1 here too.

• @xor said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mlau said:

Cheers. IOS 12 bug then.

Looks likely. Working fine on 13.5.1 here too.

Yeah I just installed it on my iPhone which has 13 on it, and it saved the sequence.

However, all the factory samples are missing - nothing in there when I try to create a kit.

I’m giving up with this one, other stuff to do etc.

• @Audiomodern said:
    Hello all, i hope you're doing well and safe!

We have published a new update for our Playbeat App, including many suggestions we got from you over the last months.
    It may take some time for version 2.0 to propagate to the AppStore but will be there today.

New features include Density (Randomizable), Pan (Randomizable), New Sequencer length selector (16/32 Steps) and many more which can be found under the 'What's new' section on the App page.

Is there something that we missed? Please send us your comments and requests at [email protected] and we'll make it happen :)

Thank you for your attention and we wish you a creative weekend ahead! ❤

Yes. You missed a manual. Any chance of seeing one? There was never one for Riffer either, and there are features i’m still looking for an answer to.

• @motmeister latest I could find from here

Riffer

Playbeat