Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Goodbye BeatMaker 3

Comments

• @stormywaterz said:

@tk32 said:

And maybe bm3 will be updated by 2020 or 2021 who knows so why complain when someone else wants a different path.

Perhaps, I expressed myself poorly. I did not intend to complain about or criticize someone for choosing a different path. I thought it was worth considering that some of the dissatisfaction that some people had might have been because BM3 wasn’t the right tool for what they needed ... given the tools that they found more satisfactory. That’s not a criticism of them. Sometimes it takes a while to figure out what we want and how best to go about it.

• edited October 2019

As far as MPC style workflows go, @jimpavloff ’s Grooverider is your best option. My nitpick is the menu system is slow when loading presets and samples to pads. Bilbao in Gadget since Gadget 2 implemented the new folders is WAYYYYY better in that respect. Still those are two powerful alternatives and in the case of the former, the patience for designing kits pays off in the end.

BM3 has cool performance features but the ugly UI sidebar and general crashiness (who asked for 128 pads?) are too far gone to make the app salvageable no matter how many updates they supposedly will release.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    As far as MPC style workflows go, @jimpavloff ’s Grooverider is your best option. My nitpick is the menu system is slow when loading presets and samples to pads. Bilbao in Gadget since Gadget 2 implemented the new folders is WAYYYYY better in that respect. Still those are two powerful alternatives and in the case of the former, the patience for designing kits pays off in the end.

BM3 has cool performance features but the ugly UI sidebar and general crashiness (who asked for 128 pads?) are too far gone to make the app salvageable no matter how many updates they supposedly will release.

I just grabbed Bilbao and Abu Dhabi for Gadget, pretty stoked on em. I was loving my sequencing results with gadget but not so much the sounds, stoked to explore it more. Definitely feels more stable than BM3 so far but im not as well versed with it. Grooverider I deleted, but I am redownloading it now to see whats up with the workflow... BM3 crashes on me often but when its working im flying. patiently awaiting update <3

• Better than the Bad Old Germany I guess.

• edited October 2019

@Gaia.Tree said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

I just grabbed Bilbao and Abu Dhabi for Gadget, pretty stoked on em. I was loving my sequencing results with gadget but not so much the sounds, stoked to explore it more. Definitely feels more stable than BM3 so far but im not as well versed with it. Grooverider I deleted, but I am redownloading it now to see whats up with the workflow... BM3 crashes on me often but when its working im flying. patiently awaiting update <3

You might as well get Vancouver for the melodics too. Actually Vancouver is pretty spacey sounding, especially when you turn the wobble up.

• @brambos said:

@pauly said:

@tk32 said:
    What an attention-seeking clickbait thread title.

Is there a reason you couldn't have just said the following?

"You'll never believe the ten reasons I've decided to delete Beatmaker 3"

“Number four will shock your fiance!”

"BM3 Developer discovered living on the moon"

• So, what do you users of BM3 think the future holds? I'm not trying to stir anything up here, just genuinely curious. I have always wondered what I'm missing - even when I had the app installed - and always feel like I'm missing out.

• Any news on iPhone version?

• edited October 2019

@DaveMagoo said:
    Any news on iPhone version?

It's been delayed until phones become at least twice as big.

Edit: and btw how dare you? :smiley:

• @DaveMagoo said:

:D

• @DaveMagoo said:

Coming out as a bundle with iPhone 14. You heard it here first.

• @kinkujin said:
    So, what do you users of BM3 think the future holds? I'm not trying to stir anything up here, just genuinely curious. I have always wondered what I'm missing - even when I had the app installed - and always feel like I'm missing out.

Future I see BM4, BM5....BMX...you get the idea

• @Littlewoodg said:

@hansjbs said:

@stormywaterz said:

@tk32 said:

@espiegel123 said:
    I am puzzled by people considering Pulse as a substitute for BM3 -- it strikes me that if Pulse works for someone as a BM3 replacement that maybe BM3 wasn't the right tool in the first place.

Totally agree.

I’m not trying to throw shade at any others in this thread, but if you understand and gel with what BM3 is offering there is absolutely nothing else like it on iOS, bugs or no bugs.

It’s no substitute but pulse inside garageband along side with Beathawk au is very nice and complete. So it’s no substitute but it does have its advantages being an au. Maybe bm3 can take a hint to have an au sampler.

And maybe bm3 will be updated by 2020 or 2021 who knows so why complain when someone else wants a different path.

There was a big thing at Intua which slowed things down to a halt. Now one of the developers (the only one left) is doing his best to get back on track. I will take a chance and say this, betas have been coming in as fast as we report a bug from the previous beta. If people really can’t wait for a more stable BM3 we can always stop and tell him to release it as is :D

We’re doing the best we can as fast as we can and helping out in getting you guys a more stable app.

This is lovely

This is great news.

@mistkerl
    No worries, don't take it personally,
    in the midst of all of this is the assistance you need.
    Still joking aside, the files app is your friend when it comes to backing up
    projects and samples from BM3 especially with iOS13 opening up
    the way for usb drives etc.
    Render your tracks as stereo files and back up the whole BM3 folder
    before deleting, either to Dropbox or similar and/or external usb drive.

Can we get back to the jokes???

• @Gravitas said:

Can we get back to the jokes???

BM3 The app with no bugs and sh*tload of work arounds... :)

• People really seem to beat the sh*t out of this app more than any other. Like it’s their job. Just constant drive by’s about how this app is a bug ridden cesspool. Perpetual jabs...like the same ones over and over. I’m amazed. I get that it hasn’t had any fixes in a long time, etc, but it doesn’t take too much effort to see that there are actual beta testers actually testing code for an update. Could intua yank it like they did the last time? Possibly, but most likely no. It would seem like that issue went away when the development team went to one guy. Further on that front, it’s quite obvious that there was a rift within intua for a long time slowing everything down. That would obviously be gone or we wouldn’t have an active beta cycle going on.

By all means, bash them up if it’s warranted in your mind, but it sure seems strange that it appears to be non stop even in the face of progress ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• wimwim
    edited October 2019

@drez said:
    By all means, bash them up if it’s warranted in your mind, but it sure seems strange that it appears to be non stop even in the face of progress ¯_(ツ)_/¯

It ain't actual progress until there's an actual release - especially since there's precedence for a supposedly fully tested release being pitched in the waste bin. Couple that with the prior abysmal lack of communication for many months, and it's not surprising in the least that some people are irrevocably feeling bitter.

That said. I actually agree. Every evidence points to progress being made, both on the app and on improving communication. I hate to see the continued negativity ... though I completely understand and sympathize with those that feel the need to vent.

Intua dug this hole. They seem to be digging themselves out, but they fully deserve any continued negativity (unhelpful though it is) until they prove otherwise.

• Well said @drez

:+1:

• @wim said:
    ...they fully deserve any continued negativity (unhelpful though it is)...

Hmm.

Telling someone over and over that they are terrible because they made mistakes and repeatedly saying what those mistakes are over and over and over seems counterproductive to me...like, I personally would eventually just quit trying. If the thinking is that this is going to be an encouragement for them to get them rolling, I just don’t see it.

But you do you.

• wimwim
    edited October 2019

@drez said:

@wim said:
    ...they fully deserve any continued negativity (unhelpful though it is)...

Hmm.

Telling someone over and over that they are terrible because they made mistakes and repeatedly saying what those mistakes are over and over and over seems counterproductive to me...like, I personally would eventually just quit trying. If the thinking is that this is going to be an encouragement for them to get them rolling, I just don’t see it.

But you do you.

I tried to make it clear that I agree it's not helpful, while making the point that it's understandable.

I doubt that Vincent at Intua reads this forum. So none of the complainers (of which I am not one) is telling Intua anything. They're just expressing their frustration.

I've seen how involved it can be to get in an argument with you online. Not gonna do that. Lets call it a win for you and I'm done. ;)

• @wim said
    I tried to make it clear that I agree it's not helpful, while making the point that it's understandable.

Yeah, I just don’t see it as understandable.

No problem.

• I would definitely recommend always bouncing every track to audio regardless of your intentions with any particular app.

Plugins die. Apps die. I still have a backup of songs I made in Opcode Vision that prove that a backup is only any good if you have access to every piece of the jigsaw. I don’t have any way of reading the disks they’re on (SCSI is dead!) let alone have a way to play them.

If you want backups, print everything to audio

In many years time you’ll be happy you did, if only because you won’t be wondering what gems you’ve lost. When you have the audio you will be in no doubts that there was nothing worth saving but you’ll be happy being able to play back your old crap anyway.

Nostalgia is a strong force.

And in the meantime if you have each track as audio you can use it in ways you never intended and take songs into new directions with different apps. Chuck lots of loops into an app like BlocsWave and remix your songs whilst your waiting for your wife to finish trying on clothes when she drags you out shopping. Chop and change and put different bits of songs with other bits to make mutant songs and keep inspiration going strong.

Just don’t expect any combination of DAW and plugin to still work in a few years time.

TLDR. Save everything as WAVs.

• After much research BM3 has been the number 1
    standout sampler for me on the iOS platform.

Bar none.

I'm waiting patiently for the updates but as for now,
    the bugs that it does have are minor inconveniences.

I have problems with Auria Pro and that one I could rinse but
    once again I'm waiting patiently for an update.

At the moment it's totally unusable.
    Audio cuts out randomly after a few minutes.

BM3 as a sampler is brilliant, as a groove machine
    with the right samples and effects is simply wicked.

If it had individual audio outs for the tracks into AUM or AB2 or 3
    then I would be even happier, for now I'm cool with it.

Before my previous iPad got nabbed I had done over
    130 tracks ready to release for both live and Bandcamp
    using only BM3.

I'm currently developing 114 tracks right now.

I have been endorsing BM3 to almost everyone I know.
    This weekend is going to be a true test of that.

Anyways back to the jokes.

• I’m pretty sure he reads the comments in this forum and the constant negative comments after something that happened internally at Intua is definitely not helping.

Let’s all just wait and see.

• @hansjbs said:
    I’m pretty sure he reads the comments in this forum and the constant negative comments after something that happened internally at Intua is definitely not helping.

+1

No reason to re-litigate the past

• @espiegel123 said:

@hansjbs said:
    I’m pretty sure he reads the comments in this forum and the constant negative comments after something that happened internally at Intua is definitely not helping.

+1

He's only one man with no team.
    That's a lot of pressure to deliver.
    I've been there myself and on many projects still am.

Joking aside, he needs support rather than put downs.

Make music is my advice.

There isn't much point having a thousand apps and no completed music.

• I can’t remember the last time BM3 crashed on me and I use it non-stop every day and I’ve only done three things differently.

1) save track immediately after creating a new one
    2) stop playing sound before adding new effects or AUs/IAAs
    3) unload AU and IAA after capturing what you need and/or only use what’s really necessary

I guess all the naysayers are using BM3 in much more sophisticated ways than I do for crashes to occur. :shrug:

• Goodbye BeatMaker 3
    {a personal admission of a failure to adapt}

[Verse 1]
    When is it going to come out?
    When us it going to ship?
    I should have stayed off the net
    I should have waited before placing a bet
    You know I can hold out forever
    I didn't expect any less
    I'm not a user for these fools to laugh at
    This jerk's too old to be using
    A groove-box

[Bridge]
    Ah, ah ha ah ah
    Ah ah ha ha

[Chorus]
    So goodbye BeatMaker 3
    Where the kings of the internet ride
    You won't find me in your forum
    I'm going back to my DAW
    Back to some boring old DAW on my phone
    Forget these cultural kids
    Oh, I've finally decided I'm stuck in the past
    And hopeless with BeatMaker 3

• @McD said:
    Goodbye BeatMaker 3

[Verse 1]
    I didn't expect any less
    A groove-box

[Bridge]
    Ah, ah ha ah ah
    Ah ah ha ha

[Chorus]
    So goodbye BeatMaker 3
    Where the kings of the internet ride
    You won't find me in your forum
    I'm going back to my DAW
    Back to some boring old DAW on my phone
    Forget these cultural kids
    Oh, I've finally decided I'm stuck in the past
    And hopeless with BeatMaker 3

😂😂😂 :D

• edited October 2019

@Gravitas said:

@espiegel123 said:

@hansjbs said:

+1

He's only one man with no team.

@eyesunderground said:
    I can’t remember the last time BM3 crashed on me and I use it non-stop every day and I’ve only done three things differently.

1) save track immediately after creating a new one
    2) stop playing sound before adding new effects or AUs/IAAs
    3) unload AU and IAA after capturing what you need and/or only use what’s really necessary

I guess all the naysayers are using BM3 in much more sophisticated ways than I do for crashes to occur. :shrug:

I used to crash on my 2017 a fair bit (once every couple hours or less?) particularly when I got around 80% CPU. Now with my 10.5 Pro I crash maybe once every eight hours.

1.) Yes, have no unsaved sessions. Save immediately!

2.) I live on the edge and never stop playing before adding new effects or AUs/IAAs. A crash every eight hours I can live with.

3.) I definitely dump IAAs right away and only use them for sampling but have around five or six AU synths and a couple dozen Fabfilters loaded at all times.

4.) MISC usgae notes. I don't use macros. I don't use the scenes view and only loop patterns via the upper left track window thingy. I pretty much just use Song view, Pattern view and pretty basic sampler stuff. No single cycle waveform sample synthesis-y type stuff or heavy modulations. Most of my 'creative effects' are recording in on the fly (effectrix, egoist etc) or from external gear (mini kaoss pad). BM3 for me is mainly for chopping, arranging, cutting up audio and general mixing. I have no dreams of Ableton like recording of clip launching to timeline etc. My wants/needs are simple and likely addressed soon with a few basic bug fixes.

Whoot, long live BM3! Long live click bait threads!

• @McD said:
    Goodbye BeatMaker 3

[Verse 1]
    I didn't expect any less