Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Goodbye BeatMaker 3

Hey Guys, its allways an honor to reach out to you crazy musical scientists.

Im about to delete bm3 because its buggy, and super unreliable.

Also i want to step out of my comfort Zone and limit myself to certain apps (mostly gadget and Koala)
I Love and hate bm3 a lot, and i have some projects i dont want to delete.

So my question is, how to save those mafukkers.
Thanks for all your tips and Tricks.

Greetings from Good old Germany

Comments

• I probably wouldn’t delete Beatmaker 3 because the time stretch technology is really really good. But if you wanted to, just backup the folder in your iPad called “BeatMaker 3” and you should be good to go. I do recommend zipping the folder before exporting out of your iPad.

• @mistkerl I have a similar love hate relationship with BM3. So I use it like @Samflash3 says, the time stretching and its transient detection works great at slicing up samples. Plus its ability to layer sounds make it great for sound design for special effects and stuff. So I will never delete BM3, but I don't use it for making Beats as its name alludes to.

• What an attention-seeking clickbait thread title.

Is there a reason you couldn't have just said the following?

Hey guys,
    I'm trying to export a few BM3 projects into another host. Do you have any tips or suggestions for the best way to do it?

• Yeah I stop using apps all the time but I don't feel the need to announce it to the whole world.

• @tk32 i agree with you 100%. I really don’t have any issues. I updated to ipadOS last night all is running smooth

• edited October 2019

Anyone have the time to find past similar threads? 🤣
    I gamble on 8 like this

Keep moving, let it not be a war

• edited October 2019

Thumbs up for the last 5+1 (now 6+1) super constructive comments!
    Edit: +1 hehe

• @mistkerl said:

Also i want to step out of my comfort Zone and limit myself to certain apps (mostly gadget and Koala)

Export as wav (master and individual banks/tracks), copy to Audioshare and enjoy BM3 free living.

• @tk32 said:
    What an attention-seeking clickbait thread title.

Hey guys,
    I'm trying to export a few BM3 projects into another host. Do you have any tips or suggestions for the best way to do it?

Reason number 1: is that im not trying to „export a few BM3 projects into another host“.

Just want to save them for later use, somewhere in the future, when beatmaker 3 is not diyng 10 times a day. But thanks for participating pal.

Yes the sampler is great but im just trying to not getting tempted by this app, every time I feel like making music.

Saving the folder is the way to go I think.
    Vielen Dank

• We should hopefully be getting a BM3 update any year now, or at least I hope so...

• edited October 2019

I think an update will drop soon , hopefully saving me some serious amount of cash (by not buying hardware)

• @tk32 said:

"You'll never believe the ten reasons I've decided to delete Beatmaker 3"

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Korakios said:
    I think an update will drop soon , hopefully saving me some serious amount of cash (by not buying hardware)

What hw you have your eyes on?

• edited October 2019

When you hit ‘save as’ just select ‘copy samples’. Now you can copy this specific session folder to anywhere you please (Dropbox, Files, etc) and be able to copy it back later.

Note: this will not save samples used by AUs such as Egoist or Reslice etc. These will need to be backed up seperately.

• @pauly said:

@tk32 said:

:D

• @pauly said:

@tk32 said:

“Number four will shock your fiance!”

• Some serious bitching, ifbwere at it anyway..
    I would have dropped 200$ for this app to function properly and beeing regularly improved and updated.

• @mistkerl said:

@Korakios said:

Not much options unfortunately . MPC live , or Force (or a used X). for standalone
    If I could stick to PC maybe a Push2 , although I wish Geist2 launch a dedicated controller via Roli

• @mistkerl said:

EG Pulse is worth a look, it’s replaced BM3 for my simple usage (drums and sample triggering).

• @Korakios said:

@mistkerl said:

@Korakios said:

Not much options unfortunately . MPC live , or Force (or a used X). for standalone
    If I could stick to PC maybe a Push2 , although I wish Geist2 launch a dedicated controller via Roli

I once had a mpc live, couldn’t use it cause it felt so weird for me (coming from a Maschine backround) But I think it’s fire though.

• @MonzoPro said:

@mistkerl said:

EG Pulse is worth a look, it’s replaced BM3 for my simple usage (drums and sample triggering).

And you can use pulse in other apps.

• This looks cute...

• @AudioGus said:
    This looks cute...

Yeah, it's cute and an iOS/iPadOS based on it could be nice too :)
    Hopefully we'll not have to wait too long for the next BM3 update...

• @pauly said:

@tk32 said:

I’m dying :D :D :D

• @Samu said:

@AudioGus said:
    This looks cute...

Yeah, it's cute and an iOS/iPadOS based on it could be nice too :)
    Hopefully we'll not have to wait too long for the next BM3 update...

I'm ok with BM3 since I have a monitor switch on my audio interface and keep things simple. It isn't painful for me to use, just hovering so close to fulfilling an amazing potential.

• @brambos said:

@pauly said:

@tk32 said:

Press the next button for the next page full of adverts in between four lines of text that may as well be lorrum ipsum.

• @brambos said:

@pauly said:

@tk32 said:

:D :D :D