Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Remember the Korg Legacy Collection?!

Back in December 2017 is was rebadged as 'Korg Collection', with the following statement:

Some features widely requested by users will be added to the KORG Collection in future updates. We plan to [...] refine the user interface on a large-scale among other improvements but until then we hope you love all the new features so far and enjoy making music with the KORG Collection of synthesizers offered by KORG.

https://www.korg.com/us/news/2017/1222/

1 year 9 months later, nothing! :'(

Comments

• @Artefact2001 said:
    Back in December 2017 is was rebadged as 'Korg Collection', with the following statement:

Some features widely requested by users will be added to the KORG Collection in future updates. We plan to [...] refine the user interface on a large-scale among other improvements but until then we hope you love all the new features so far and enjoy making music with the KORG Collection of synthesizers offered by KORG.

Still using the legacy plugins, they are very much out of date now compared to Arturia V collection etc. Be good to see the updates at some point.

• agreed....like a thief in the night

• edited April 2020

KORG Collection 2

The KORG Collection series, which reproduces some of KORG’s greatest synthesizer keyboards as software, are renewed as KORG Collection 2. The six legacy plugins: MS-20, Polysix, Mono/Poly, M1, WAVESTATION and MDE-X each have a completely revised user interface that is scalable and high resolution. In addition there are new effects algorithms and preset programs for MS-20, Polysix, Mono/Poly and MDE-X. The KORG Collection 2 showcases these classic synthesizers to set new sound and performance standards.

https://www.korg.com/us/products/software/korg_collection/

• @blakkaz said:
    KORG Collection 2

The KORG Collection series, which reproduces some of KORG’s greatest synthesizer keyboards as software, are renewed as KORG Collection 2. The six legacy plugins: MS-20, Polysix, Mono/Poly, M1, WAVESTATION and MDE-X each have a completely revised user interface that is scalable and high resolution. In addition there are new effects algorithms and preset programs for MS-20, Polysix, Mono/Poly and MDE-X. The KORG Collection 2 showcases these classic synthesizers to set new sound and performance standards.

https://www.korg.com/us/products/software/korg_collection/

I though this had been out a while or was it that the original Legacy just got revamped. I remember a few people had problems updating from the original.

• It's new! Thanks for the update @blakkaz

Users who have already purchased the KORG Collection series can update to version 2 for free.

Generous of Korg, I bought the original KLC almost 20 years ago, never bought the M1, MonoPoly, or the newer synths, but got these updates for free.

All get new scalable UIs, preset handling, new sounds, new effects.
    Wavestation gets a randomize button, and new sound list view with Performance tags and categories, like the M1.

• Nice updates to the MS-20, wonder if the iMS-20 will get the same kind of treatment?
    (Korg's been quite quiet on iOS for quite some time now).

• Maybe KORG have invested all their resources into the Wavestate?
    Who knows.
    V2 looks good definitely, I'm a big fan of them on desktop.

• These are great news, I was waiting for ages for a new UI for the MS-20 plugin.
    However, @Sequencer1 where did you get this info?
    "Users who have already purchased the KORG Collection series can update to version 2 for free."

I purchased as well the Korg Legacy Collection a lot of years ago, I have the great MS-20 Legacy controller.
    Then I upgraded for free to the Korg Collection that included the ARP Odissey plugin when it was released which was a great deal. I just logged in my KORG ID account and I don't find any way to update my actual version to version 2 for free. I just received a discount code "Special Bundle v2 Upgrade" to upgrade and get TRITON with a special price (149$).

Is there any way to upgrade to version 2 without TRITON? I am mainly using the MS-20 plugin at the moment...

Thanks!

• edited April 2020

@jlarrucea I went to the Korg ID Account page, logged in, and clicked on 'Your Products / Downloads / Offers'. The download links are the new V2s. I haven't purchase anything since ~2003 when KLC was originally released, and haven't received any emails from Korg recently.

The free update note is at the bottom here.

• @Sequencer1 said:
    @jlarrucea I went to the Korg ID Account page, logged in, and clicked on 'Your Products / Downloads / Offers'. The download links are the new V2s. I haven't purchase anything since ~2003 when KLC was originally released, and haven't received any emails from Korg recently.

The free update is at the bottom here.

@Sequencer1 thanks so much for the fast response, you are right the download links are already updated for the V2 plugins.
    I just installed the new MS-20 plugin version with full UI, program browser, FX... really impressed! I had some previous mappings made for Push and they continue working. This is what I was waiting for such a long time! Thanks so much Korg!!!!

• edited April 2020

btw, for me (Windows 10, Cakewalk by BandLab):
    Running MS-20 Version 2.0.3 standalone or as a VSTi disables the Windows Defender Antivirus Service. MS-20FX (VST), PolySix, LegacyCell, and Wavestation don't.

@jlarrucea Are you on Windows? Is Defender getting disabled when loading MS-20 as a VSTi?

• Thanks very much for posting this.

Korg are ambiguous at the best of times :-)

@Artefact2001 said:

• @Sequencer1 said:
    Running MS-20 (VSTi) disables the Windows Defender Antivirus Service. MS-20FX (VST), PolySix, LegacyCell, and Wavestation don't.

@jlarrucea Are you on Windows? Is Defender getting disabled when loading MS-20 as a VSTi?

@Sequencer1 sorry Mac user here...

• To be able to install new versions, I had to migrate my licences from korguser.net to their new site (korg.shop)
    This is how you do it: https://www.korguser.net/asp/coupon.asp

• edited April 2020

@jlarrucea said:

@Sequencer1 said:
    Running MS-20 (VSTi) disables the Windows Defender Antivirus Service. MS-20FX (VST), PolySix, LegacyCell, and Wavestation don't.

@Sequencer1 sorry Mac user here...

Thanks man.

For Windows users experiencing this:
    It's not the host DAW, since MS-20 also disables Windows Defender when it's run standalone.

Running MS-20 Version 2.0.3 standalone or as a VSTi disables the Windows Defender Antivirus Service. MS-20FX (VST), PolySix, LegacyCell, and Wavestation don't.

I submitted a support request at the Korg App Help Center here.

• Wow, the migration thing actually works! I bought the Mono/Poly license years and years ago, just got the update!

Does anyone know what's the difference between these "Korg Collection 2" versions VERSUS the "Korg Gadget Collection"?
    Other than the reduced user interface, are these essentially the same engines for things like Montpellier / MonoPoly, or Odyssey / Lexington?

• @cl516 said:
    Wow, the migration thing actually works! I bought the Mono/Poly license years and years ago, just got the update!

Does anyone know what's the difference between these "Korg Collection 2" versions VERSUS the "Korg Gadget Collection"?
    Other than the reduced user interface, are these essentially the same engines for things like Montpellier / MonoPoly, or Odyssey / Lexington?

To me it seems so, yes.
    The only limitation is preset exchange between the different instruments, the worst is Odyssei/Lexington which does not even allow for using presets you've created in the standalone version inside Gadget. I wonder why KORG still haven't fixed that because Odyssei is an excellent synth.
    But so are iMono/Poly and iWavestation. I love them.

• I don't feel the need for the legacy collection since I own Gadget Mac and have all synths as VSTs already (no Triton though). Smaller interfaces, ok, but soundwise they are identical. An M1 is just that, an M1. It does not make sense for KORG to somehow make 'smaller' engines for Gadget it would only be additional work. Also the iApps are identical so I can hook up my iPad to my Mac and have them with bigger interfaces. Now with the ARM Macs and the compatibility between iOS and the Mac OS I think it would be time to make one thing out of all that alltogether. Just one App - Gadget - and all Plugins as VSTs on the whole Apple ecosystem, from the iPhone via the iPad to the Mac one app. Right now I think the best thing with Gadget is that I can use it on every one of my devices and exchange song ideas and projects. Prototype something on the phone on the bus refine it in the rehearsal room with the band and use the synths in the performance and work on it further on the Mac. This makes Gadget my most used DAW since it always available when I need it anywhere. Just great software.