Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM-access all parts of the project from one screen

Undoubtedly Aum is the most important application for many iOS musicians. Aum provides the ability to simultaneously control many applications. but when the project is very large, you have to scroll through the screen to get to various parts of the project, which is not always convenient. please make it possible to access all parts of the project from one screen, for example by switching to a more minimalistic and compact form of data display.
it will help a lot in a live situation.

Comments

  • +1 I've often wondered if an app could be done to do this, but I've no idea about the technical opportunities and/or constraints on such a project. Great idea, though.

  • I suggested a while back that you could have an option where the gui would gradually minimize as you added more channels so all channels would stay on the screen at once.
    I assumed the graphics were vector so this scaling could work but it seems it isnt so easy or not desired by the dev.

  • It has been suggested some years ago ... also, a separate window for more real-time control of multiple elements.

    In the meantime, have you noticed the bookmark system in AUM? That can quickly take you to different channels. Just plan ahead a little when setting up logical sections.

  • Yes, you can use bookmarks to jump faster to desired channels.

  • Tapping home icon will send you to and from the first channel and last channel.

  • edited October 8

    @Janosax said:
    Yes, you can use bookmarks to jump faster to desired channels.

    Dham, did not know that...

    Still don’t know what this button does, help?

    Thanks..

  • To be honest, the bookmarking system for me absolutely does not work. I would like to be able to freely mix any channels at the same time, as on a conventional console.

  • @waterdrop said:
    To be honest, the bookmarking system for me absolutely does not work. I would like to be able to freely mix any channels at the same time, as on a conventional console.

    Agreed

  • edited October 8

    @White said:

    @RajahP said:
    Still don’t know what this button does, help?

    Thanks..

    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/32565/button-in-aum-channel-window-can-t-figure-out

    Thanks White, wow it’s for the internal Au plugin keyboard.. that triggered a lot of trouble in that thread..

  • I love Aum! 👍😺💗

    The thing I want the most for the bigger iPhones is - when I use it in landscape mode, to see at least 3 or 4 mixer channels (similar to what Audiobus already does)

  • @gdog said:
    I love Aum! 👍😺💗

    The thing I want the most for the bigger iPhones is - when I use it in landscape mode, to see at least 3 or 4 mixer channels (similar to what Audiobus already does)

    +1000 I asked for this too it’s planned from what I know.

  • @Janosax Good to know 😺

  • edited October 8

    Having some universal macros in AUM would be nice as well. And agreed, a pinch zoom in/out
    should be a no brainer for AUM. It's the only thing I don't like about it. The GUI feels a little
    restrictive in that way but it's still the best out there (imo). I don't like the colour schemes either,
    They're too dark. Having a custom colour wheel/selection like Ableton would make a lot of sense
    to make things more clear for people that want it. Maybe some different "themes" would be nice
    like midnight, dark, etc.

  • AUM misses some features, but I think its simplicity and purity give it unparalleled stability on iOS. You can trust AUM. Perhaps zooming and customizable views could make it crash much more often, or leads to audio crackles...

  • @Janosax said:
    AUM misses some features, but I think its simplicity and purity give it unparalleled stability on iOS. You can trust AUM. Perhaps zooming and customizable views could make it crash much more often, or leads to audio crackles...

    Agreed, just one option to allow all channels on the screen at once would be enough.

  • wimwim
    edited October 8

    I think a button that reduces all channels down to a named icon, as many as can fit on the screen, possibly with a mini meter to indicate activity would be great. After minimizing, touching any icon would zoom out to the normal view, with that channel in the center of the view.

    Icing on the cake would be double-tap the icon to toggle mute on/off, without zooming out of the view. Ice-cream on the side would be ability to rearrange track orders by dragging icons.

  • I think AUM has paid for itself time and again. By far my most used app.

    That said, I wish there was a way to tuck a channel's related midi channel into it, and I wish there was a way to group channels and open and collapse them at will.

  • @ExAsperis99 said:
    That said, I wish there was a way to tuck a channel's related midi channel into it...

    eh? No lo comprendo?

  • @wim
    I thought that might be confusing.

    When I have a synth, say Zeeon, being driven by, say, Atom, I like to put the midi channel next to the audio channel.
    Is that not how most people are using midi in AUM? I generally have a midi generator like Atom or XOX pointing at only one audio generator.

    Does that make sense?

  • edited October 8

    Maybe some sort of channel display system that lets you easily toggle whether or not a channel is visible on the main screen. Could even be different visibility groups A-E

  • edited October 8

    The 3 dots to indicate the app output is not accurate at all either. I would prefer it when every channel
    has an accurate volume meter like the master out at the top but vertically. One can only dream I guess
    but for a €21 mixer app that has been this successful I expected these features to be implemented sooner.>

    @ExAsperis99 Yes, being able to group channels and collapse/expand the groups would
    be amazing as well.

  • @ExAsperis99 said:
    @wim
    I thought that might be confusing.

    When I have a synth, say Zeeon, being driven by, say, Atom, I like to put the midi channel next to the audio channel.
    Is that not how most people are using midi in AUM? I generally have a midi generator like Atom or XOX pointing at only one audio generator.

    Does that make sense?

    ahh, I see, thanks. Yeh, some sort of better visual representation of channel relationships would be good. Probably difficult for a developer to make simple enough yet flexible enough since channels can have many to many relationships, even though many don't use it that way. But I can see how one might want that.

    I find the AudioBus way of representing relationships very workable. Having separate midi and audio pages seems a bit counter intuitive, but once you get the thinking between control flow and audio flow separated in your mind, for me at least, it works.

  • edited October 8

    @KraftC said:
    The 3 dots to indicate the app output is not accurate at all either. I would prefer it when every channel
    has an accurate volume meter like the master out at the top but vertically. One can only dream I guess
    but for a €21 mixer app that has been this successful I expected these features to be implemented sooner.

    If you tap on any 3 dots icon this displays precise related meter on the top:

  • wimwim
    edited October 8

    @Janosax said:

    @KraftC said:
    The 3 dots to indicate the app output is not accurate at all either. I would prefer it when every channel
    has an accurate volume meter like the master out at the top but vertically. One can only dream I guess
    but for a €21 mixer app that has been this successful I expected these features to be implemented sooner.>

    @ExAsperis99 Yes, being able to group channels and collapse/expand the groups would
    be amazing as well.

    If you tap on any 3 dots icon this displays precise related meter on the top:

    It would be nice though, if the background of the faders acted as a meter. It would take no more UI space and provide a much more accurate overview. I often wonder why it wasn't done that way from the beginning.

    Not complaining though. AUM is simply fantastically great.

  • @Janosax said:

    @KraftC said:
    The 3 dots to indicate the app output is not accurate at all either. I would prefer it when every channel
    has an accurate volume meter like the master out at the top but vertically. One can only dream I guess
    but for a €21 mixer app that has been this successful I expected these features to be implemented sooner.

    If you tap on any 3 dots icon this displays precise related meter on the top:

    Thanks! Did not know that.

  • What I would love to see is a consolidated view of all the assigned MIDI controller mappings.

    When you’re trying to tweak the ranges of several mappings or, especially, if you come back to a complex older project and you’re trying to understand how things were mapped, diving into the hierarchical parameter list can be a real pain. If there was a single page that showed all of your assigned MIDI mappings from all plugins on all channels, that would be amazing!

  • edited October 9

    AUM is hands down my most used favourite app, the basis of all I do, and I have nothing but respect for the clarity, flexibility and depth of its functionality @Kymátika achieved. I do have one hope for the future though, and I know from previous correspondence with the dev that he does not intend to do it, which is a pity.

    The one thing that would absolutely nail DAWless AUM for me would be the ability to record fader, pan, mute and solo automation in the app itself, a la Cubasis. The devs not unreasonable view is that this would be feature bloat, and take AUM away from its main purpose towards being just another DAW, and I have to respect that, obvs. I already use Bram Bos LFOs to sort-of automate some fades pans and punch in/outs, but that is obviously relatively inflexible. A workaround would be using an AU sequencer inside AUM to record just the fader and button action, but I haven’t yet found a way to do this. Anyone got a solution?

  • even in the groovebox app mixer allows you to work simultaneously with all tracks. in fact, thin faders and mutes are needed, in extreme cases, sends to effects.
    dear aim creator , please make your brilliant app even better.

  • Completely agree with being able to zoom out and see all channels / more channels at once, like the mixer screen in a daw like Zenbeats. Only other thing I’d like is a better freezing mechanism based on the audio recorder.

Sign In or Register to comment.