Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

K-One Vintage Synth and it’s AU

2»

Comments

• @dendy said:
    any idea who is behind this project ? Is it some kid's "first app" alike project ? Don't want to be mean if this is the case so i will hold back with criticism, but.. ok.. as first project of some kid it's cute, otherwise.. ehm..

Not sure. It seems like the basic sound is good, but I’m not finding much variation and claiming 4 oscillators when it appears to be only using 1 is somewhat misleading. It’s either not fully functional or I am missing hidden features. Can someone enlighten me?

• Any questions? Contact the dev. He got right back to me.

[email protected]

• @anickt said:
    Any questions? Contact the dev. He got right back to me.

[email protected]

Ok - done. We’ll see...

• Dev responded in a nice way. Apparently everything works as it should, but I ‘m still in the dark. If someone would patiently explain how a Juno 60 is supposed to work vis a vis oscillators and morphing, then I’ll let this go.

• Here is my demo for K-One

• @ALB said:
    Dev responded in a nice way. Apparently everything works as it should, but I ‘m still in the dark. If someone would patiently explain how a Juno 60 is supposed to work vis a vis oscillators and morphing, then I’ll let this go.

The oscillator section of a Juno 60 and this app are completely different. There is no morphing in a Juno. The overall look and layout of the app reminds visually of the Juno (somewhat) but I don’t believe the dev ever presented this a a Juno 60 clone. That was mentioned earlier in the thread here.

• @anickt said:

@ALB said:
    Dev responded in a nice way. Apparently everything works as it should, but I ‘m still in the dark. If someone would patiently explain how a Juno 60 is supposed to work vis a vis oscillators and morphing, then I’ll let this go.

The oscillator section of a Juno 60 and this app are completely different. There is no morphing in a Juno. The overall look and layout of the app reminds visually of the Juno (somewhat) but I don’t believe the dev ever presented this a a Juno 60 clone. That was mentioned earlier in the thread here.

Dev mentioned to me that he was going for a Juno 60 vibe, not “clone”, but I thought that those familiar with the hardware might have some insights, which is why I brought it up.

• The Juno 60 has manual/lfo/envelope control over the pulse width.

The Juno 60 only has one ADSR envelope and the amp stage can be set to 'gate' mode.
    The LFO on the Juno 60 has a 'fade in' time.

The Juno 60 can use Square, Saw, Sub & Noise at the same time with Sub & Noise having individual level controls.

The synth on iOS that is (or was since it's no longer available) closes to the Juno 60 architecture was 'Epic Synth'.

My Juno-106 now has only 2 working voice chips left so it's practically dead :(

• @ALB said:

@anickt said:

@ALB said:

Dev mentioned to me that he was going for a Juno 60 vibe, not “clone”, but I thought that those familiar with the hardware might have some insights, which is why I brought it up.

Vibe yes but the oscillator section of the Juno was pretty typical of its time and functionally bears no resemblance to K-1. Maybe Doug’s video will help. I haven’t seen it yet.

• edited October 2019

NEW: Interview w/ K-One creator

UK based musician Colin Hallett released the new K-One Synth, built with AudioKit. Inspired to create an iOS synth, he made it quickly. It only took him one month to build the synth with AudioKit...
    https://audiokitpro.com/k-one-synth/

• @analog_matt said:
    NEW: Interview w/ K-One creator

UK based musician Colin Hallett released the new K-One Synth, built with AudioKit. Inspired to create an iOS synth, he made it quickly. It only took him one month to build the synth with AudioKit...
    https://audiokitpro.com/k-one-synth/

B)

• Dear Samu - do you know if EpicSynth still works on IpadOs - I am still on 12 and I would not like to loose this great little synth, which you brought back to my mind by mentioning it here ,, thanks for this ...

@Samu said:
    The Juno 60 has manual/lfo/envelope control over the pulse width.

The Juno 60 only has one ADSR envelope and the amp stage can be set to 'gate' mode.
    The LFO on the Juno 60 has a 'fade in' time.

The Juno 60 can use Square, Saw, Sub & Noise at the same time with Sub & Noise having individual level controls.

The synth on iOS that is (or was since it's no longer available) closes to the Juno 60 architecture was 'Epic Synth'.

My Juno-106 now has only 2 working voice chips left so it's practically dead :(

• @Bon_Tempi said:
    Dear Samu - do you know if EpicSynth still works on IpadOs - I am still on 12 and I would not like to loose this great little synth, which you brought back to my mind by mentioning it here ,, thanks for this ...

It works just fine under iPadOS13.1.2 :)
    (Just start the stand alone before connecting using IAA).

Loads fine in too AudioBus too so all good...

• @Samu said:

It works just fine under iPadOS13.1.2 :)
    (Just start the stand alone before connecting using IAA).

Loads fine in too AudioBus too so all good...

Cool ) - thanks ...

• Sorry for the dumb question. So it is fixed the problem with the sample rate for the one who have ipad locked at 48000Hz?

• Surprised this emerged and faded so quickly.

I love the sounds in Doug's video. Has there been an update to the difference in gain that Doug mentions? I mean, if that's the only quirk, it sounds really solid.

Nobody can recommend?

• ALBALB
    edited November 2019

The sounds are good, but I am not finding this at all surprising when I dig into it - just not enough range for me to be enthusiastic. It's a small house, but not an ugly one.

• This is a great synth.
    Everything on one screen and easy to use.

The only problem is that the Morph oscillator has tuning issues with 48kHz sample rate.

• @jolico like audiokit piano before patch..