Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget Stockholm - play-to-end/run mode

Hey, I just sent this as a support request to Korg, but thought I might mention it here too, make sure what I'm asking for isn't already covered or is a silly idea.

In Stockholm the default mode is 'preview' mode when on the Rex page. Tap and hold on a slice and it'll play, and keep playing all slices from where you tapped. If you're careful with clean taps you can do nice DnB style breakbeat cut-ups.

Unfortunately you can't record this; the preview tap events don't send data to the piano roll.

Ideally we'd be able to record this, or have a toggle on the keyboard/pad page that's like a 'run' mode for the arpeggiator, which means 'keep playing subsequent slices until the note is released'.

The closest at the moment is the loop trigger options on the lowest octave of the keyboard, but that only allows you to trigger from the first slice.

Made a little video to show how handy the preview one is, and also indirectly show that this mode would need some quantizing and better handling of key up/key down ordering, it tricky right now to stay on-beat.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AZXy2ErIBvGZJZNoQ-_ligHnOc0Hm58k

Reasonable? Madness?

Comments

• Your post slipped under the radar somehow.
    For what you want to achieve, I'd rather recommend to either practice playing on the keyboard in a similar way as you hit the slices and recording it live or using the "Copy Loop To Track" button, select a range of notes in the piano roll and move them around. Delete the first few notes to have some space to move around.
    Gadget will already play the moved range while you're still moving it. Not exactly the same, but one option.
    Another option is to set the pattern time signature to 1/16 and its length to 16 bars.
    This gives you a 16-bar pattern that plays like a 16-step pattern with the advantage that you can set start and end points live in the piano roll by dragging the start and end markers around. If you duplicate such a pattern multiple times and change the beginning of each, you can simulate playing from the slice start points by triggering the different patterns.
    Once you've found the order you like, rearrange the patterns using drag/drop up or down.