Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3....the 3 wishes game

2»

Comments

1. Ability to use all 5 fx slots and re-order them (rather than 2 of them always having Cubasis native channel strip and EQ)
    2. Better file management system with search function
    3. Audio file ‘glue’ in the arranger
    4. Not sure how to describe this but say I record long, sustaining (ie few minutes long) pad/strings sound as a MIDI event, if I start playback after the event onset there currently is no sound. I would like Cubasis to be able to play the sound even if playback starts after the event onset.
  • Make the mixing interface identical to AUM.

• Ableton Link added.. It will help syncing with other apps that has it, rather than midi clock.. Ableton Link has become a secure & reliable clock source now.. Even with Desktop to iOS..

• edited October 2019

@studs1966 said:
    Ableton Link added.. It will help syncing with other apps that has it, rather than midi clock.. Ableton Link has become a secure & reliable clock source now.. Even with Desktop to iOS..

Even the rather expensive desktop Cubase Pro cannot follow MIDI clock or LINK at all.
    I don't believe this will change in Cubasis/iOS soon.

• @rs2000 said:

@studs1966 said:
    Ableton Link added.. It will help syncing with other apps that has it, rather than midi clock.. Ableton Link has become a secure & reliable clock source now.. Even with Desktop to iOS..

Even the rather expensive desktop Cubase Pro cannot follow MIDI clock or LINK at all.

I think your right?.... How had is it to implement I wonder?.... I wouldn’t of thought it would be difficult...... Maybe because it was invented & developed by there competition maybe?.... Dunno?... But it is a wish tho...

• @studs1966 said:

@rs2000 said:

@studs1966 said:

I think your right?.... How had is it to implement I wonder?.... I wouldn’t of thought it would be difficult...... Maybe because it was invented & developed by there competition maybe?.... Dunno?... But it is a wish tho...

Implementing good slave sync to link or MIDI clock requires efficient and fast time stretching algorithms for audio tracks.
    MIDI tracks are not a problem but time-stretching many audio tracks in real-time can put quite a heavy load on the CPU, especially with frequent tempo changes.
    With a steady clock source at constant bpm however, that's perfectly possible as seen in Loopy, Quantiloop, BlocsWave and desktop programs like Ableton Live or Reason.
    Sometimes, two different stretching algorithms are used to follow more radical tempo changes. One lower quality algo for realtime changes and one higher quality algo that renders the tracks in the background when necessary.

• @studs1966 said:

>

I don’t think it’s hard to implement ableton link if you do it from scratch but adding it to an existing system I imagine is not that simple. I’m guessing the clock must be part of the core and it could affect many others parts and require lots of testing.

• File management is still a chore and the IpadOS files app is worse than it previously was.

• 1- Drum machine kind Groove Agent with edition and severals inserts fx in each element of the kit
    2- Scenes sequencing
    3- Copy/paste notes and automations simultaneously

• They acquired MusicStudio's IP recently and would be able to implement all of these features in their next update.

(not)