Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

yaleD - Reverse Delay effect AUv3 - NEW from Sonosaurus

Comments

• I get why the price is low, considering all the delays there are and the general pricing of the other options, but I think this is a bit too low personally.

I’d call it a launch 🚀 special and then kick it up to $3.99 after launch. I picked it up partly because I could see that it has unique characteristics and would likely go up in price. That’d still be a great deal considering it’s fairly unique in the current delay family. IMO

• @skiphunt said:
    I get why the price is low, considering all the delays there are and the general pricing of the other options, but I think this is a bit too low personally.

I’d call it a launch 🚀 special and then kick it up to $3.99 after launch. I picked it up partly because I could see that it has unique characteristics and would likely go up in price. That’d still be a great deal considering it’s fairly unique in the current delay family. IMO

This was kind of my thought on the subject... when I add a few more unique characteristics the price might inch up eventually. For now, consider it a launch special for all the great people on the AB forum!

• edited October 2019

@divmod said:
    @sonosaurus Great FX for ambient sounds!

I think I found a bug however: With low BPMs I can select a number of beats that will result in a larger delay then the configured max delay. Instant crash :-/

@sonosaurus, I can second that: brilliant app, excellent price, definitely a go to for instant ambient, really enjoying it, but a repeatable insta-crash for me in AUM attempting to increase the beat count (past a limit?) with a pattern running at 20bpm, or even if I do it with the pattern stopped. On reload I get that thing where the app window goes tiny, still works, but touch the beats slider again, and it’s uh-oh crash city. Naturally, I’ve turned everything up to maximum - 20 seconds Delay (Yaled?), 100% feedback, because why not, so I expect it’s my own damn fault. Still enjoying it, mind, but I thought you’d like to know. :)

• @Svetlovska said:

@divmod said:
    @sonosaurus Great FX for ambient sounds!

I think I found a bug however: With low BPMs I can select a number of beats that will result in a larger delay then the configured max delay. Instant crash :-/

@sonosaurus, I can second that: brilliant app, excellent price, definitely a go to for instant ambient, really enjoying it, but a repeatable insta-crash for me in AUM attempting to increase the beat count (past a limit?) with a pattern running at 20bpm, or even if I do it with the pattern stopped. On reload I get that thing where the app window goes tiny, still works, but touch the beats slider again, and it’s uh-oh crash city. Naturally, I’ve turned everything up to maximum - 20 seconds Delay (Yaled?), 100% feedback, because why not, so I expect it’s my own damn fault. Still enjoying it, mind, but I thought you’d like to know. :)

Ah there it is, thanks!

• Dear Sonosaurus, I hope you are feeling the love and appreciation! I imagine you have to make a living from your labours, just like the rest of us, but I just wanted to say a big, personal thank you for your creative brilliance. Your apps have been a great source of inspiration, fun and sheer pleasure to me, and, by the looks of it, many others. Thank you.

• @skiphunt said:

@sonosaurus said:

@skiphunt said:
    @sonosaurus I'm not 100% clear on what the tape mode does with the little cassette icon. If I have it selected and drag the delay time slider, it kind of sounds like dragging tape. Could I get a little more info on what it's doing and it's intended use?

really digging this. Thank you! Great for experimenting

That’s all it does... if you want a sort of kind of draggy tape effect when you change the delay time, turn that on. Otherwise leave it off and the delay is silenced and reset while you change the time.

Got it. Love it. Glad I bought it.

Thanks for making it! :)

But you can also record an incoming phrase backwards, play that and just mute the source. Pretty groovy and a good way to get more mileage out of a riff.

• Ok, 1.0.2 is coming your way with the fix for the beat time crash...

• @Tickletiger said:
    Dear Sonosaurus, I hope you are feeling the love and appreciation! I imagine you have to make a living from your labours, just like the rest of us, but I just wanted to say a big, personal thank you for your creative brilliance. Your apps have been a great source of inspiration, fun and sheer pleasure to me, and, by the looks of it, many others. Thank you.

You’re welcome, and thank you for the very kind words! And thanks for everyone else’s kind words as well... it means a lot!

• @sonosaurus said:
    Ok, 1.0.2 is coming your way with the fix for the beat time crash...

Yup, it’s fixed! Brilliant. Off to post a glowing review on the store now. Thanks :)

• @sonosaurus said:
    Ok, 1.0.2 is coming your way with the fix for the beat time crash...

Thanks for the quick fix! I‘m no longer able to crash it :smile:
    Sliding to larger values then permitted is now a bit flickery, but this is just a minor issue.

• Fantastic delay, many thanks !!!

• This is great and a welcome return. :)
    Thumbjam and Drumjam were two of the apps which got me hooked on ipad.

• edited October 2019

Thanks to @sonosaurus for creating - and fixing! -this. By way of a thank you, a little Yaled action:

• @Svetlovska said:
    Thanks to @sonosaurus for creating - and fixing! -this. By way of a thank you, a little Yelad action:

Very nice.

• OK, I've made an update (v1.1) that actually adds a feature and changes the default behavior of the effect. It should be making its way to you shortly.

• Added new reverse delay option which keeps all the repeats reversed when using feedback. Since I believe this is the more desirable behavior, it is the new default. The original version of the effect had the repeats alternating between reverse and forward, you can still get this effect by using the alternate setting of the new option.

• Added informational popups when switching options that may not be obvious.

• Other bug fixes

If you liked the way the original version of the effect sounded, just use the new toggle button with the arrow-ended lines and pick the one with alternating directions. They both have their uses, and the original behavior is pretty unique, but I realized the one that keeps the repeats reversed is more evocative and chill :)

• Ah, thanks for that! You followed up on that Strymon timeline delay from the ambient guitar video:) Nice to have both options, as your initial take is quite unique and nice, too.

• >

Very nice.

Thank you! :)

• @sonosaurus said:
    OK, I've made an update (v1.1) that actually adds a feature and changes the default behavior of the effect. It should be making its way to you shortly.

• Added new reverse delay option which keeps all the repeats reversed when using feedback. Since I believe this is the more desirable behavior, it is the new default. The original version of the effect had the repeats alternating between reverse and forward, you can still get this effect by using the alternate setting of the new option.

• Added informational popups when switching options that may not be obvious.

• Other bug fixes

If you liked the way the original version of the effect sounded, just use the new toggle button with the arrow-ended lines and pick the one with alternating directions. They both have their uses, and the original behavior is pretty unique, but I realized the one that keeps the repeats reversed is more evocative and chill :)

Thanks for this, just played some chords with Thumbjam (guitar) through it, with a bit of added Tonebusters Reverb and it sounded lovely.

• Really great delay. :smile:

Great job.

• @sonosaurus thankx for the update. Really appreciate that the delay can be set to rev only.

• New update 1.2 is coming your way:

• Added abil­i­ty to turn off the cross-pan of feed­back and fixed/adjusted the be­hav­ior of the cross-pan when cen­tered.
  • Just discovered this thread.

Off to buy immediately.

@sonosaurus (absolute legend!) plus AU = 👍👍👍

• edited November 2019

Oh my god this is so good.

It’s exactly what I was looking for.

Gotta stop myself putting this on absolutely everything now!

The filter is just the icing on the cake too.

It’s absolutely ridiculous that this cost £2. A while back I spent ages feeding audio live into Borderlands trying to get this kind of effect and now it’s just as simple as putting it on as an AU effect in NanoStudio 2.

Really pleased this exists! Thanks @sonosaurus

• Another great delay app. You really can never have too many of them, they all have their own flavour. This one sounds so good with plucked instruments, I'm loving it with Veena from Noise's Indian sounds pack.

• @sonosaurus

I know I can use the time mode, but could you put in a 1/3 and 2/3 in the beat mode?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    @sonosaurus

I know I can use the time mode, but could you put in a 1/3 and 2/3 in the beat mode?

If not, a nudge up and down to easily do 1ms jumps would be helpful :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @sonosaurus

If not, a nudge up and down to easily do 1ms jumps would be helpful :)

Just to add what a fantastic app. Once I found the 20 second time I had a big cheesy grin for hours :D

• @Svetlovska said:
    Thanks to @sonosaurus for creating - and fixing! -this. By way of a thank you, a little Yaled action:

Thread led me to this. Like plenty. Would suggest distant Spanish children talking/singing playing very much in the background also please :). Seriously, nice piece.

• @sonosaurus FWIW I just tried loading this to go along with a native sound in NS2 and got this:

...and thereafter tried loading it as an FX in AUM but it just crashes out immediately.

Am rebooting and will try again, but just FYI (iPad Pro v1, latest iOS).

• @svetlovska You need to get Elena Tonra to sing on that track. It’s beautiful.

Thanks @JohnnyGoodyear for bringing it back to the surface.