Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

yaleD - Reverse Delay effect AUv3 - NEW from Sonosaurus

So, I decided to dip my toes into the AUv3 waters with a new little reverse delay effect called yaleD! It's a bit a of niche effect but this implementation has some features that I believe were missing in the market, and it was a fun thing to whip up.

It's been an astonishing 7 years since I've released a new thing, and although this is a fairly small one, here's hoping it gets the ball rolling for some exciting new projects in the near future!

Here is the blurb from the store:


yaleD is a dedicated reverse delay audio effect, with full support as an Audio Unit (AUv3) plugin extension. Please note that while it works as a standalone app, it is designed to be used from other host audio apps such as GarageBand, AUM, Audiobus 3, Cubasis, etc!

A reverse delay effect continuously listens then plays back reversed chunks of the audio input depending on the delay time, feedback and filtering settings. Can be used for both obvious or subtle effects depending on the setup.

Since a reverse delay is sensitive to positional sync as well as delay time, the reversals are appropriately synced to the host transport timeline when playing back and using the beat-based delay time. Or the Hold Time button can be used to both sync and set the delay time manually by pressing and releasing it at the appropriate time.

  • Complete control over input gain, and independent wet and dry output levels.

  • Feedback with cross-pan and both low-pass and high-pass filtering.

  • Delay time specified either in milliseconds, or as beats (with 1/16th note resolution) synced to host tempo. You can also specify the maximum delay time (up to 20 seconds!) in the settings to control the per-instance memory usage.

  • Can apply a delay time scaling offset to the second channel for interesting stereo effects.

  • Optional Tape effect when changing delay time.

  • One-Shot mode for doing triggered records and single reverse playback. Great for playing a solo in and reversing just what you want to hear. The hold/record and replay buttons can be controlled with MIDI bindings.

  • Easy to use resizable plugin interface optimized for host apps on both iPhones and iPads. Made for fingers!


https://apps.apple.com/us/app/yaled-reverse-delay/id1477503080?ls=1


No videos or audio demos from me yet... I just wanted to get it out there first!

«13

Comments

  • Yay! A new Sonosaurus app!

    I hope it does indeed get your juices flowing again ... we need music/audio products with your level of quality more often.

    Thanks 🙏

  • Cool, will give it a whirl!

  • Great to see you still in the biz. New delay on the list👍🏼

  • Instabuy! Hope to see more!

  • Bought. I don’t care what it is (I do think it’s a cool app idea tho). Praise be to all things Sonosaurus!

  • Bought.. welcome back.😎

  • Me too, great to have a new Sonosaurus app!

  • It isn’t showing here yet, but I’ll be excited to try it when it shows up.

  • Congratulations on the release! While you haven't exactly been gone, it seems the weird developer breed is almost dead without some fresh warez in the water :)

  • bought it!

  • I think I’ve had more than my money’s worth from ThumbJam and DrumJam, bought sight unseen. I’m sure it will be useful in some capacity.

  • Seems rad! Def wanna hear how you guys use it

  • A> @sonosaurus said:

    So, I decided to dip my toes into the AUv3 waters with a new little reverse delay effect called yaleD! It's a bit a of niche effect but this implementation has some features that I believe were missing in the market, and it was a fun thing to whip up.

    It's been an astonishing 7 years since I've released a new thing, and although this is a fairly small one, here's hoping it gets the ball rolling for some exciting new projects in the near future!

    Here is the blurb from the store:


    yaleD is a dedicated reverse delay audio effect, with full support as an Audio Unit (AUv3) plugin extension. Please note that while it works as a standalone app, it is designed to be used from other host audio apps such as GarageBand, AUM, Audiobus 3, Cubasis, etc!

    A reverse delay effect continuously listens then plays back reversed chunks of the audio input depending on the delay time, feedback and filtering settings. Can be used for both obvious or subtle effects depending on the setup.

    Since a reverse delay is sensitive to positional sync as well as delay time, the reversals are appropriately synced to the host transport timeline when playing back and using the beat-based delay time. Or the Hold Time button can be used to both sync and set the delay time manually by pressing and releasing it at the appropriate time.

    • Complete control over input gain, and independent wet and dry output levels.

    • Feedback with cross-pan and both low-pass and high-pass filtering.

    • Delay time specified either in milliseconds, or as beats (with 1/16th note resolution) synced to host tempo. You can also specify the maximum delay time (up to 20 seconds!) in the settings to control the per-instance memory usage.

    • Can apply a delay time scaling offset to the second channel for interesting stereo effects.

    • Optional Tape effect when changing delay time.

    • One-Shot mode for doing triggered records and single reverse playback. Great for playing a solo in and reversing just what you want to hear. The hold/record and replay buttons can be controlled with MIDI bindings.

    • Easy to use resizable plugin interface optimized for host apps on both iPhones and iPads. Made for fingers!


    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/yaled-reverse-delay/id1477503080?ls=1

    It might still be propagating through the App Store, so try it again later if the link doesn't work.


    No videos or audio demos yet... I just wanted to get it out there first!

    Great stuff!... Now your toes are dipped, will we see a AU Unit version of Thumbjam & Drumjam in the future?... More Especially, Thumbjam... This would be so fab.. ;)

  • It’s a nice delay!

  • Insta buy. Glad to see you back @sonosaurus

  • edited October 4

    What a fabulous little delay tool very unusual and unique and fun thanks @sonosaurus for bringing this to iOS. You won’t want to REVERSE you decision after buying this! Feedback sent.

  • Welcome back!

  • Bought! The return of the Legend!

  • “Reverse delay” I’m sure I have one of those somewhere

    “20 seconds delay time” take me to the AppStore!!

  • @sonosaurus

    I love this! A really useful delay!

    I did notice one thing , I am getting popping when using the ‘hold For time’ button. Is there a way you could fix that?

  • edited October 4

    Seems like an option to reverse the reversed delay could turn it into a quite straight forward 20 seconds looper. Reminds me of my digitek delay pedal.

  • Cool but you spelled delay backwards!!!

  • Here is my demo for yaleD

  • What have you been up to since your last release, @sonosaurus?

  • this thing is fantastic. i’ve been wanting a long reverse delay like this for a while. but the added hold for time and loop replay features are icing on the cake. well done. please do t wait another 7 years to make another app. you are very talented and i can’t wait to see what you come up with next.

  • @TrevorLlewellyn said:
    @sonosaurus

    I love this! A really useful delay!

    I did notice one thing , I am getting popping when using the ‘hold For time’ button. Is there a way you could fix that?

    Is there any way you can make a screen capture video or audio recording of what you are hearing? That way I can see all the settings and hear the context... you can send it to [email protected] Thanks!

  • @sonosaurus said:

    @TrevorLlewellyn said:
    @sonosaurus

    I love this! A really useful delay!

    I did notice one thing , I am getting popping when using the ‘hold For time’ button. Is there a way you could fix that?

    Is there any way you can make a screen capture video or audio recording of what you are hearing? That way I can see all the settings and hear the context... you can send it to [email protected] Thanks!

    Will do 👍

  • @sonosaurus Are full AU parameters exposed for LFO modulation in apeMatrix, etc.?

  • edited October 4

    how to record with audio on iOS:
    ( good to show/report bugs like this!)
    https://www.imyfone.com/phone-data-transfer/how-to-record-screen-on-ios-12/

Sign In or Register to comment.