Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

In GarageBand, can several tracks be played simultaneously?

I’m wondering if it’s possible to have multiple tracks record enabled in GarageBand for iOS? That is specifically instances of software instrument.

Comments

• I mean, you can turn on multitrack recording in the settings. If you have things routed with IAA, it should record. It always seemed like more of a hassle to try to do it at once.

• @animalelder said:
    I mean, you can turn on multitrack recording in the settings. If you have things routed with IAA, it should record. It always seemed like more of a hassle to try to do it at once.

Ok. But in app without any hardware controls, is it possible to play several tracks at the same time from one internal keyboard?

• edited October 2019

@joachim_s said:

@animalelder said:
    I mean, you can turn on multitrack recording in the settings. If you have things routed with IAA, it should record. It always seemed like more of a hassle to try to do it at once.

Ok. But in app without any hardware controls, is it possible to play several tracks at the same time from one internal keyboard?

No, internal keyboard is associated with one track/instrument only.
    One instrument => one keyboard

• @joachim_s said:

@animalelder said:

Not even with an external. It's not even easy to quick switch instruments, like playing from track view with the instrument highlighted. It needs to be "opened" up to receive live input. Unless it was changed recently, the whole setup is not very user friendly.

• @animalelder said:

@joachim_s said:

@animalelder said:

Not even with an external. It's not even easy to quick switch instruments, like playing from track view with the instrument highlighted. It needs to be "opened" up to receive live input. Unless it was changed recently, the whole setup is not very user friendly.

Agreed, as far as I know. I wouldn't say it's not user friendly, it's definitely very user friendly, it's just not -advanced- user friendly.

• Ok. Like I guessed. That’s not very good 😕

However, can any other DAW do this or is there another solution? What I want to do to be precise is to play on several instances of AudioLayer at the same time.

• When multi-track recording is enabled in GarageBand it can record audio from multiple inputs to multiple tracks.

• @joachim_s said:
    Ok. Like I guessed. That’s not very good 😕

However, can any other DAW do this or is there another solution? What I want to do to be precise is to play on several instances of AudioLayer at the same time.

Yes, in AUM, you can have any midi source playing multiple instruments or use a multitrack like Atom or Xequence. Or route your input to multiple channels.