Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Like Enso but midi notes?

Are there any au apps that operate similar to Enso but rather than record audio it records midi notes?
(Already aware of Atom)
-Thx

Comments

• wimwim
    edited October 2019

Photon is close, but doesn’t have all of Enso’s manipulation capabilities.

• Yeahhh i had high hopes for that one but I just don’t gel with the work flow.
    -thx

@wim said:

• For me, Photon’s main function is recording midi and exporting it to other apps and environments. It excels at this. The other stuff is fun and interesting, but not the reason why I use it.

• @hibjshop said:
    Yeahhh i had high hopes for that one but I just don’t gel with the work flow.
    -thx

@wim said:

I had the same issues with photon.. the interface is extraordinarily counterintuitive to me for some reason. I'd heard something about a GUI makeover a while back and was hoping that would come to something. until then it gathers digital dust..

This might not be the simple solution you're looking for, but you could look into some of the brilliant mozaic scripts available on patchstorage. For example this one:

https://patchstorage.com/simple-recorder-looper/

• Will check into Mozaic, good lookin out👍🏼
    I wish Atom just had a free mode and then looped after you hit stop.

@palms said:

@hibjshop said:
    Yeahhh i had high hopes for that one but I just don’t gel with the work flow.
    -thx

@wim said:

I had the same issues with photon.. the interface is extraordinarily counterintuitive to me for some reason. I'd heard something about a GUI makeover a while back and was hoping that would come to something. until then it gathers digital dust..

This might not be the simple solution you're looking for, but you could look into some of the brilliant mozaic scripts available on patchstorage. For example this one:

https://patchstorage.com/simple-recorder-looper/

• wimwim
    edited October 2019

@peblin’s Mozaic script “Flow” is super fun to use. It takes a little persistence to get your head around it, but it’s more than rewarding when you do. https://patchstorage.com/flow/

I know you said you don’t get along with Photon too well, but really, if you forget the multiple loops and the bells and whistles, and just use it with the simplest workflow, it does a good job.

• @hibjshop said:
    Are there any au apps that operate similar to Enso but rather than record audio it records midi notes?
    (Already aware of Atom)
    -Thx

The only one I know is Xequence 2.
    Loop record and layer, transpose, and especially: time stretching notes...