Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Which GADGET will play a sample over 4 bars?

Not really used any of the ‘Audio’ Gadgets before.

If I wanted to trigger a sample to play over 4 bars via a midi trigger, which should I use?

Can it be time stretched automatically depending on the BPM?

Any tips and tricks appreciated, cheers.

Comments

• @SpookyZoo said:

If I wanted to trigger a sample to play over 4 bars via a midi trigger, which should I use?

limited to 10second samples for Abu & Bilboa (not sure what Vancouver limit is but think it's the same?).

If your sample is longer than 10 seconds, then you're stuck using Zurich (What I usually use) or Rosario - in which case you can't trigger, you just import the full waveform into the scene. No timestretching.

• @Halftone said:

@SpookyZoo said:

limited to 10second samples for Abu & Bilboa (not sure what Vancouver limit is but think it's the same?).

If your sample is longer than 10 seconds, then you're stuck using Zurich (What I usually use) or Rosario - in which case you can't trigger, you just import the full waveform into the scene. No timestretching.

Thanks for the info. I knew that you would know! :) 👍

I’m actually writing all the midi in Xequence and was hoping it could all be triggered externally.

AIM was to get a 4 bar ‘riser’ before a few sections. Guess I’ll have to think out of the box on this one.

Cheers.

• @SpookyZoo said:

I'm doing this all the time using Stockholm. Yes, it requires Reason or ReCycle to create REX files but Gadget cannot sample anyway so for me that's not a big deal.
    Dunno what's the time limit but four bars definitely works.

• With Vancouver you can play any sample up to 10 seconds long for the base note, but if you play an octave below it will last 20 seconds, or 5 seconds if you play an octave above, and so on. It can’t be stretched depending on the bpm, Vancouver is intended to be used as a chromatic instrument.

• edited October 2019

@rs2000 @Rodolfo Thanks for the interesting answers,

Stockholm is the only Gadget along with the last 2 Arcade ones that I don’t own. Never saw a use for it before. I’ll have to take a look now even though I don’t own Reason either.

With Vancouver, how is the base note assigned? Again, hardly used it. I’ll fire that one up now, cheers.

• edited October 2019

The base where you load your sample is middle C, but you can tune it -24/-24 steps (even with decimals for fine tuning) so you can basically assign it up to two octaves below or above the base note.

• @Rodolfo said:
    The base where you load your sample is middle C, but you can tune it -24/-24 steps (even with decimals for fine tuning) so you can basically assign it up to two octaves lower or above the base note.

Cool. Just had a play with Vancouver. I see what you’re saying. 👍😁

• @SpookyZoo said:

Stockholm is the only Gadget along with the last 2 Arcade ones that I don’t own. Never saw a use for it before. I’ll have to take a look now even though I don’t own Reason either.

With Vancouver, how is the base note assigned? Again, hardly used it. I’ll fire that one up now, cheers.

If I had to choose one single IAP in Gadget then it would definitely be Stockholm, no question.
    But I know that only few share my preference :D
    To use your own samples, you either need Reason Lite or ReCycle in order to create REX (.rx2) files for import into Stockholm.

• @rs2000 said:

@SpookyZoo said:

If I had to choose one single IAP in Gadget then it would definitely be Stockholm, no question.
    To use your own samples, you either need Reason Lite or ReCycle in order to create REX (.rx2) files for import into Stockholm.

I’ll be checking out some Stockholm vids, cheers.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@rs2000 said:

@SpookyZoo said:

I’ll be checking out some Stockholm vids, cheers.

It's also a nice town, but then so is Vancouver.