Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioDabbler’s Audio Logo Sound Design?

@gmslayton : I love your AudioDabbler sound “logo” that plays at the beginning of your videos. I’d love to see a video about its creation.

Comments

• Did we start posting PMs to the regular forum now? I better curb my solicitations ;)

• @oat_phipps said:
    Did we start posting PMs to the regular forum now? I better curb my solicitations ;)

What time you want me to run by?

• While we wait for an answer it's worth pointing out that:

@gmslayton is the YouTube Star also known as "The Audio Dabbler".
    He missed the class on "building a brand" that included "TheSoundTestRoom",
    "HaqAttaq" and (wait for it) "Daveypoo".

If you haven't checked out there AudioDabbler videos there are many gems in the catalog.
    The demo of the BeatMaker3 Sampler could sell a few more copies. His videos are full of
    content and have very little excessive zeal. The explanation of importing samples into NS2 was
    very helpful for me since NS2 can be a bit confusing like any sophisticated DAW. To grok a DAW
    you should start at the beginning and not jump into some feature. I just wanted to test drive the sampler
    support of Obsidian.

Anyway, while this lingers on the front page , what are your favorite AudioDabbler videos? He makes
    $0.000001 for every Video Click (assuming he never touches in any copyright material which is probably a business model that feeds off these lower tier music related videographers).

• big fan of AudioDabbler channel. Have an amazing tutorials for specific things and apps !

the first one ( for me ) was this AUM, Blocswave and Samplr, where u can record in Samplr and then record to Blocswave.
    and some AUM feedback.
    After those, the rest is history haha.

but, at the end. Fan of everyone who make some iOS videos/tutorials

• I had a hard time with AudioDabbler's videos. They seemed to wander and they went too fast.

• @espiegel123 thanks. First real feedback with my logo. It’s a pretty simple design. I might be able to work on a video showing it’s creation.

I also wonder if @Michael can change my handle on here or if I would need to make a new account.

• @motmeister sorry to hear that you have had a hard time with my videos. I am continuing to try and improve my content. I mean it’s for you guys not myself. I know a lot and just want to share my knowledge. If you have any constructive criticism or just plan ol’ fashion criticism let me know. I have thick skin. 😉

• @gmslayton said:
    @espiegel123 thanks. First real feedback with my logo. It’s a pretty simple design. I might be able to work on a video showing it’s creation.

I also wonder if @Michael can change my handle on here or if I would need to make a new account.

I sure can. What handle?

• @Michael i think “TheAudioDabbler” or just “AudioDabbler”. Hmmmmmmmmm tough question

• @gmslayton said:
    @Michael i think “TheAudioDabbler” or just “AudioDabbler”. Hmmmmmmmmm tough question

Well, let me know when you decide.

• @Michael thanks. My wife helped me decide. Go with “TheAudioDabbler”

• @TheAudioDabbler said:
    @espiegel123 thanks. First real feedback with my logo. It’s a pretty simple design. I might be able to work on a video showing it’s creation.

That would bd great. I get a lot out of your videos. The Sector re-drumming has me grooving with and re-appreciating Sector.

• @TheAudioDabbler said:
    @motmeister sorry to hear that you have had a hard time with my videos. I am continuing to try and improve my content. I mean it’s for you guys not myself. I know a lot and just want to share my knowledge. If you have any constructive criticism or just plan ol’ fashion criticism let me know. I have thick skin. 😉

There are two things that it would be helpful to correct. I appreciate all the work you do! And perhaps it's just me, but if you would give the watcher time to absorb what you've presented and stay on topic, I think the CONTENT of your videos is stellar. I'm a pretty smart guy, but when I'm watching a video to get answers about using a particular app, I have trouble when you start to answer one of my questions and then talk about another app. I admire your work. I wish I had more time to do it too. Thanks for all your efforts to keep us informed.

• McDMcD
    edited October 2019

Remember when @TheAudioDabbler was a guy called "gmslayton". That was before the Forum went all to hell. Around the time everyone started using ignore and everyone posted questions and no one read them... they just scan for links to relevant video because we all forgot how to read. We never could write.
    The @LinearLineman used to post grammar lessons and try to explain how to improvise by singing. We never could sing either. Good times.

It occurs to me: if the @Linearline spent all that time singing to learn to improvise... why can't he sing? or why doesn't he play more like his own voice? (Too many questions... look for video).

• @motmeister thanks for the feedback. I do realize I jump around sometimes. I am trying to find a balance between scripting and in the moment. When I have scripted in the past, it has not worked out as well since I feel like I am a robot reading. I do need to plan my videos better and rehearse, take notes and make sure I hit the topics I want.

Although the topics I want to hit, may not be the ones you want. If you have a specific topic you want covered just let me know and I can make a quick tip video.

@McD it does look better having TheAudioDabbler as my handle on here. Thanks for pushing me to further my brand.

• @AudioGus said:

Welcome!

For the longest time I assumed AudioGus was TheAudioDabbler. So, the new handle will definitely
    help keep things straight.

• I remember a time when I was yelled at for not having my handle reflect the Daveypoo brand.

I was corrected. Now I know better.

;)

• @Daveypoo said:
    I remember a time when I was yelled at for not having my handle reflect the Daveypoo brand.

;)

There's also a disconnect between some AudioBus Forum and Wiki handles. One person with two handles... there's usually a reason, of course.

• @McD said:

@Daveypoo said:
    I remember a time when I was yelled at for not having my handle reflect the Daveypoo brand.

;)

There's also a disconnect between some AudioBus Forum and Wiki handles. One person with two handles... there's usually a reason, of course.

Well I wasn't TheAudioDabbler when I first joined the forum, and I didn't know how far I would go with that handle or youtube. Now that I have 3k subs and over 250 videos, I should go all in.