Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iDensity Updated to v4!

One of my favorites iDensity, is about to get even cooler with iDensity 4. Appears to have it's own apeMatrix style grid built in now.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/idensity/id464660779

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=qqRQ-d2a-Mc

• New Matrix 16X16 Audio Routing
  • New Support for AUv3/IAA Host in the Matrix
  • New Slider/Knobs resizable range for the LFO/MIDI/Accel etc…
  • AUv3: Play/Stop according to HOST
  • LIVE switch controlled by MIDI
  • Freeze Button works in Sync Mode
  • Scanning reverse in Sync Mode
  • User Interface, Improved
  • Buffer Export saved as 16 bit 44.1 kHz
  • Added 6 AB/IAA AudioSenderPorts for the six Granular Streams
  • LFO Start/Stop bug fixed for multiple instances
  • iPhone X compatibility
  • MIDI Channel for note on/off/pg, fixed
  • Some minor iPhone UI bugs, fixed

iDensity is rated as a Killer App by Apps4iDevices.
iDensity is a new real-time software designed for asynchronous sound file granulation, a genuine granular playground able to generate a wide range of usual and not so usual effects: time/pitch shifting, time/pitch jittering, intricate textures, grain fountain/pulverizer, recording and manipulation of buffers, complex scrub pad exploration, dynamic envelope shape and many more. iDensity for iPad will give you all the basic and advanced tools you need to manipulate sound in subtle and surprising ways. All these features are packed in an optimized, user-friendly, visually sharp interface that is easy to access when fast-improvising live, composing in a studio, or sound designing at home and on the go! You will have the power, freedom, and flexibility to create like never before – on your iPad!
Control and shape grains, anytime, anywhere with Density for iPad.

• Six Granular Streams
  • Six Remote Audio Units Host support
  • Full Instr and FX AudioUnit (AUv3) support
  • High Density Granulation
  • Sampled and Live granulation
  • In-Stream Echo and RM post Fx
  • Multichannels Audiobus Inter-App Audio support
  • MIDI, Virtual Midi and Network
  • Sharing common audio files via iTunes, Dropbox AudioCopy etc...
  • Snapshots Presets Morphing Pad
  • Post Fx chain: Parametric and High Shelf Filters, Classic Reverb and Dynamics Processor
  • Scrub Recording and playback
  • etc.

Comments

• I asked Alessandro---> it will be a FREE update for all:)
  • So it will remain an AU and become an AU host as well? Interesting!

• edited October 2019

Brilliant app, great news. Just downloading the update...

• I beta'd this one. It's really interesting using the grid within this. It works like apeMatrix but more of a scaled down version.

• This app always frustrates me cuz I haven’t been able to deal with trying to learn it lol this update will give me a new try tho as I want to like it but just haven’t been able to yet

• Just had a quick play, and the new update is really nice.

I'm able to assign an AU fx to each channel via the matrix, which cuts out the need to do this in AUM, and is a much neater and quicker workflow - probably more CPU efficient too.

Yep, lovely, will give this a proper go tonight. Thanks Alessandro!

• This is a blast - excellent apps just keep getting better. Making me want Stria as AUv3 now!

• Thrilled that it's a free update, but surprised he didn't at least raise the price a little. I mean, it's now ALSO a host!

• Holy crap what a good update

• Hey everyone - BIG props to Alessandro at apeSoft for having not only one of the most unique architectures of any dev out there, but also making consistent updates to his apps LONG after release.

C'mon - this is a HOST now? And has the player as a separate AUv3 (for some time now)?

Again - this has me chomping at the bit for Stria as AUv3. Not that I've heard rumors - just hoping it gets the same once-over that the others have.

• Indeed, he is amazing.

Time to learn this app thoroughly now. Does your device implode if you put 6 iDensity au players inside an iDensity host and modulate EVERYTHING?

• edited October 2019

If I understand correctly, only the standalone version can host AU. The AU player cannot host a AU effect (it could have been a great mise en abyme!)

• That makes sense. An AU plugin cannot host other AU plugins. An AU host must be a standalone app.

• On desktop, you can use AU within an AU. I'd love to have this on iOS too.

No matter, good update. Same as others, one of those apps I haven't explored enough.

• @Daveypoo said:
    Hey everyone - BIG props to Alessandro at apeSoft for having not only one of the most unique architectures of any dev out there, but also making consistent updates to his apps LONG after release.

C'mon - this is a HOST now? And has the player as a separate AUv3 (for some time now)?

Again - this has me chomping at the bit for Stria as AUv3. Not that I've heard rumors - just hoping it gets the same once-over that the others have.

I'm new to idensity. Can you do a video for this bad boy in the future man?? I love how you explain apesoft stuffs!!

• Has been a while since I’ve used this, looks like a great update!

• @cuezaireekaa said:

@Daveypoo said:
    Hey everyone - BIG props to Alessandro at apeSoft for having not only one of the most unique architectures of any dev out there, but also making consistent updates to his apps LONG after release.

I'm new to idensity. Can you do a video for this bad boy in the future man?? I love how you explain apesoft stuffs!!

I'll add it to the list of requests - got a few already lined up, but let me carve out some space to relearn the details and I'll see what I can do. I'm glad you like the videos!

:wink:

• @Daveypoo said:

@cuezaireekaa said:

@Daveypoo said:

I'll add it to the list of requests - got a few already lined up, but let me carve out some space to relearn the details and I'll see what I can do. I'm glad you like the videos!

:wink:

Ditto with extra voteyness.

• Great app, so happy to hear the up keep :)
    Thx for posting info!

• Thank you Alessandro! Haven't given iDensity the proper amount of attention.. this new update will definitely change that..

• So wild that you can now feed/route instances of iDensity into itself. :)

Is this the first Ouroboros app?

• edited October 2019

I think you still can’t quantize recordings or motion which makes it useless on syncing .
    Please tell me I’m wrong

Edit: I am not wrong , all loops (live recorded) go off :(
    Edit2 : Setting to (strange) 5 measures & keeping it in 4/4 somehow helps (still have to be very precise in hitting the rec on/off)

• Did presets get lost after the update? I think I saw more there before, but maybe the fault is my memory.

• Thanks for the update. This is crazy good ! I am very impressed with the creative potential of this app. For the people who are afraid that it is too complex...it really isn’t once you have understood the basic concept

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • apeSoft, I love you!

• edited October 2019

It seems that you have to manually save the files (both in IAA&AU version), whenever I reload a session all parameters are saved but there is no wave file ...

• @Korakios said:
    It seems that you have to manually save the files (both in IAA&AU version), whenever I reload a session all parameters are saved but there is no wave file ...

Maybe it helps to change the setting „Samples in Presets“.

• @Satie said:

@Korakios said:

Maybe it helps to change the setting „Samples in Presets“.

Unfortunately it doesn’t , must clarify I don’t save any preset inside iDensity , only the session in Audiobus (AU or IAA) .

• I haven't tried, but I'm guessing you need to save inside iDensity to ensure the sample is part of the preset. Think of a "normal" preset in a synth as just a small collection of some parameter numbers, probably just a text file. Now if a sample is to be part of the preset, this file becomes huge in comparison, thus it makes sense to ask the user whether it should be included.

Also - perhaps you want a preset of parameter configurations to work without changing your current samples?

An alternative could be to have a preset reference the name of a file on disk. But then that wouldn't work if you want to export and share that preset.

Some guessing here ... but these discussions have been on the forum before (for other apps).