Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Group The Loop 2.0 released - Now Universal 😎

Comments

• @wim said:
    Haven’t tried it yet, but looks like some great new features.

Group the Loop by Jack Marshall https://apps.apple.com/us/app/group-the-loop/id1029416579

ie there a list of apps which support split view?

this is a super handy feature

Even more handy with ios13 drag and drop feature

• @wim said:
    Big downside for me with GTL, even after the update: no Audiobus state saving. :|

Noted, It's on my list :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • so can you do split screen with this on iphone?

• @eross said:
    so can you do split screen with this on iphone?

IPAD

• is there a way to edit length of samples imported or recorded into the group the loop?

• @reasOne said:
    Just curious what advantages this would have over something like Stagelights (Zenbeats)clip arranger , ... less cpu ? Faster workflow?

@reasOne are you a live looper?

• @eross said:
    is there a way to edit length of samples imported or recorded into the group the loop?

No not yet I'm afraid. You can trim files in AudioShare though and import straight into GTL.

• edited October 2019

@d4d0ug said:

@jmarshallgtl said:

@wim said:
    Big downside for me with GTL, even after the update: no Audiobus state saving. :|

Suggestion - I’d prioritise AUv3 about state saving in Audiobus. But hey, that’s your call @jmarshallgtl . Given that AUv3 is probably a lot more effort....

I hear you, yes it would be quite a lot of work. One day...

• edited October 2019

@hisdudeness said:

@eross said:
    so can you do split screen with this on iphone?

IPAD

Yep that's right, split screen features are only for the iPad version.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @wim said:

@reasOne said:
    Just curious what advantages this would have over something like Stagelights (Zenbeats)clip arranger , ... less cpu ? Faster workflow?

I can’t think of any. More focused maybe?
    Mainly, just different, I guess. 🧐

Sometimes different sparks creativity and new ideas?

Oh, and I think you can trigger loops with notes while in Zenbeats you can only do that with midi cc’s if I remember correctly. Also, not sure if record, etc for clips in Zenbeats is midi mappable?

Just winging it here....

True just having the option could spark some new ideas and stuff, I find that audio loops are harder to really change tho compared to midi loops like in stage light clipper but still love working with audio so it Maybe worth a shot.... good call

@Jhnk said:

@reasOne said:
    Just curious what advantages this would have over something like Stagelights (Zenbeats)clip arranger , ... less cpu ? Faster workflow

In GTL you can use IAA. As far as I know, that still hasn’t been implemented in Zenbeats.

Iaa is good, there’s lots of good iaa even tho we mostly prefer au it’s good to still be about to use my fav iaa ish

• @ttk said:

@reasOne said:

@reasOne are you a live looper?

I am. I like using Enso on my AUM tracks or loopy they get some use, not a lot coz Enso is hard to really organize loops with imo and loopy is confusing sometimes knowing what’s what... this loads as an au ??

• edited October 2019

So far this app is amazing. 8 simultaneous tracks playing at once...with the ability of creating custom groups and doing the whole Merge or Copy and Merge is just pure genius.

All it needs is to show the Loop countdown in the AudioBus hud control and it will be the best of the best. 🙏🏼💕👊🏼™️

@jmarshallgtl thank you for creating such an amazing looper

• @d4d0ug said:

@jmarshallgtl said:

@wim said:

Suggestion - I’d prioritise AUv3 about state saving in Audiobus. But hey, that’s your call @jmarshallgtl . Given that AUv3 is probably a lot more effort....

It'd pretty much have to be a whole new app since all the hosting parts would have to be taken out. AU apps can't be hosts for other apps. That'd be fine with me though. I don't use the internal hosting myself. The first to come out with an AU looper better than Enso is going to have a hit on their hands.

I'm really enjoying GTL. Great update!

• @echoopera said:
    So far this app is amazing. 8 simultaneous tracks playing at once...with the ability of creating custom groups and doing the whole Merge or Copy and Merge is just pure genius.

All it needs is to show the Loop countdown in the AudioBus hud control and it will be the best of the best. 🙏🏼💕👊🏼™️

@jmarshallgtl thank you for creating such an amazing looper

You’re going to love labeling and the ability to automatically scroll to a group out of view on the screen.
    I wish there were a master volume that would allow for fading of a recording in process but so far I’m loving this this update.

• Good stuff @jmarshallgtl...let us not forget to reflect our grateful enthusiasm via reviews at the store etc.

• edited October 2019

GroupTheLoop is a fantastic app. I was on beta for V2 and the whole process with Jack was pure joy :-)

This looper is different from everything else because of this ability of looping everything in groups (even Ableton Live can’t do some things GTL does!!). Its main purpose is live looping, with any sound source. It’s musically a whole new world and challenge to improvise loops and solos on groups. It’s in fact much more difficult than standard looping, especially when you control everything with something like a pedalboard. GTL is excellent in that regard and most bindings are possible. It’s also an incredibly stable app. Using 64 buffers is possible and reliable, just don’t use too much AU. Kind of « follow actions » are possible too via midi bindings, allowing to trigger several actions with a single binding. Undo/redo are also a top feature.

Second usage is sound material creation. Audiobus works perfectly. Think of a workflow similar to Blocswave/Audiobus with midi control capabilities. Hands free!! And loops multi export works perfectly for later DAW work.

I need to say that GTL/AUM is my perfect live combo, as GTL is really stable and efficient with IAA, and AUM extend GTL input/mixing capabilities a lot!!

I will use GTL on stage without hesitation.

Here is a live improvised track from july made with GTL only on the iPhone 7 Plus:

• Wow. Why did i wait so long to get this brilliant looper? Thanks @jmarshallgtl for such a brilliant and fun app to use. 👊🏼™️💕

• In fact is more or less what Loopy Masterpiece promised long ago... now I expect @Michael is working in integrating loopy directly inside AB3 (or AB4) or develop an AUv3 to deliver something even better.
    It could be amazing for sure <3

Meanwhile we have lots of great apps so I don’t need Ableton anymore. Hooray!

• edited October 2019

So much fun 👊🏼™️ @jmarshallgtl

Feeding in some Aparillo, Factory and GrooveBox into GTL 👍🏼 via AB / AUM hookup.

• Man, i almost thought I got charged the $9.99 heart sank when it took long to tell me i wasnt going to get charged.😳

Thanks for such an awesome looper! Really loving it!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• wow, I thought this app was good when it was originally released. but it didn’t get used much. But today, Ios music making just changed for me. I set it up in the side bar and fed audio apps and effects into in via Aum. I hate when people say game changer, but it really has changed the way I right on ipad. excellent update!

• one quick question, can you copy complete groups to another group?

• edited October 2019

Yes! this app kicks ass now. it would be cool if you could record your effects on a loop as an overdub. i was messing around with some panning that i wish was recorded.

This is definitely what i have been missing!

If infinite looper could do the exact same thing but with midi notes i would be set.

or if there was a midi version of gtl

• edited October 2019

@eross said:
    one quick question, can you copy complete groups to another group?

Hi @erros, not directly but you can use drag and drop to copy all loops in a group.

Hold press the first loop in a group.
    Then grab the rest of the loops you would like to copy by tapping on them.
    Select COPY at the bottom of the screen.
    Drop them over a blank group.

It will copy all loop settings but not the group name mix etc. So not exactly group copy but It does allow for quick reordering and combining loops from different groups.

Cheers

• edited October 2019

So let’s say I have GTL open, can I set up each track in advance to have an AU or iaa already set up and ready to record? Or do you set it to one at a time ? Also are you hosting the AU / iaa directly inside GTL or are you feeding it thru AB ?

And is it Limited to 4 tracks per group?

• @jmarshallgtl said:

@eross said:
    one quick question, can you copy complete groups to another group?

Hi @erros, not directly but you can use drag and drop to copy all loops in a group.

Hold press the first loop in a group.
    Then grab the rest of the loops you would like to copy by tapping on them.
    Select COPY at the bottom of the screen.
    Drop them over a blank group.

It will copy all loop settings but not the group name mix etc. So not exactly group copy but It does allow for quick reordering and combining loops from different groups.

Cheers

oh perfect! thanks

• edited October 2019

@reasOne said:
    So let’s say I have GTL open, can I set up each track in advance to have an AU or iaa already set up and ready to record? Or do you set it to one at a time?

It host AUfx and you can do it for slot or input channel. I think it’s possible set everything before hit record or load a sample...

Also are you hosting the AU / iaa directly inside GTL or are you feeding it thru AB ?

Directly. In fact you can IAA with AUM without AB. You need to set it in GTL and then open AUM rewire-esque way... but IAA is for the input if you are wondering multiple IAA you will need AUM/AB3 as funnel. There isn’t multitrack audio routing like loopy/AB combo. Different workflow.

Plus 4 more in the Main.

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

@reasOne said:
    So let’s say I have GTL open, can I set up each track in advance to have an AU or iaa already set up and ready to record? Or do you set it to one at a time?

It host AUfx and you can do it for slot or input channel. I think it’s possible set everything before hit record or load a sample...

Also are you hosting the AU / iaa directly inside GTL or are you feeding it thru AB ?

Directly. In fact you can IAA with AUM without AB. You need to set it in GTL and then open AUM rewire-esque way...

Plus 4 more in the Main.

Talked me into here man!!!
    Thanks for the insight!