Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Jazz Drummer from Lumbeat on its way...

Comments

• Ah! Ah! i thought that was Brian Blade on the picture!
    I really look forward the release !

I mostly play Jazz on trumpet.
    Though IReal Pro has become very popular amongst Jazz players, I found out there was a gap to fill in IOS, that is as far as writing solo charts and improvisation goes.

There is a famous software on pc and Mac called Band-in-a-Box which allows you to create randomly solos over the chords of a standard. It can create solos for any type of instrument. The solos are created according the genre of jazz and style you preselect and according to the phrasing of certain famous jazz musicians.

It’s a very brilliant program for jazz players.

I was wondering if devellopers ever thought on bringing a similar concept unto IOS, it would be a great educational tool as well and surely a hit on the AppStore.

• @Johnba said:
    There is a famous software on pc and Mac called Band-in-a-Box which allows you to create randomly solos over the chords of a standard. It can create solos for any type of instrument. The solos are created according the genre of jazz and style you preselect and according to the phrasing of certain famous jazz musicians.

B-I-A-B is a real money pit of add on styles, "soloists", etc. But worth a lot if you need to make a lot of band-style arrangements or want to play over "real" sounding backing tracks. It dates back to the 80's I think on PC"s and has been consistently updated ever since... adding more features and quality to it's
    instrumental "musicians" to play along with you.

• Drumgenius (if anyone remembers it) despite all its flaws, no audiobus, etc, and basically being a drum loop player has an awesome collection of jazz drumming loops and sounds great. If Luis could integrate that array of styles to the Lumbeat Jazz Drummer it would be superb!

• If you are looking for playalong in ios apart from SessionBand apps, there are the Peter Erskine Essential play alongs by Fuzzy Music Mobile LLC. They are proper band performances with a mixer, but not IAA or programmable.

• edited October 2019

Drumgenius is superb but not really suitable for use in creating original compositions due to its lack of any kind of connectivity. But yes would be more than happy to have sounds of that quality in Lumbeat

• @espiegel123 said:

@hisdudeness said:
    Finally we might have something softer than soft drummer

I am hoping this won't be softer but have driving bop/post-bop grooves that can really drive a tune.

+1

• @TimRussell said:
    Drumgenius is superb but not really suitable for use in creating original compositions due to its lack of any kind of connectivity. But yes would be more than happy to have sounds of that quality in Lumbeat

So no way to get noise out of Drumgenius, eh?

• Well you can but only by recording the audio from the headphone/USB output of the device.

• Or screen-recording it

• I tried DrumGenius but couldn't get any of the previews to actually play.

• @TimRussell said:
    Or screen-recording it

Thanks Tim. Thought as much, but just wanted to confirm....

• @McD said:
    That's Tony Williams image in the product announcement. He was the 17 year old drummer that played
    in the Miles Davis' 2nd Great Quartet from '62 to '68.

He took the polyrhythmic ideas of Elvin Jones to new levels of 4 limb independence. His jazz style was
    features a roaring with hand ride cymbal contrasted with complex linear lines from his snare/bass drum/hi-hat. This style is unmistakable as "Jazz".

Tony went on to innovate these polyrhythmic ideas against the straight eight style of the Jazz Fusion era
    that followed his departure from Mile's group. Mile (always the innovator) took the same turn towards combining the innovations of Jimi Hendrix with the improvisations of jazz players. Over-driven guitar was the key to the transition.

I'm expecting Luis Martinez will synthesize the polyrhythm elements of the early Tony Williams style. For all the earlier players he will just need to reduce the number of notes per bar in the patterns.

For anyone that likes this style of drumming this will be a truly innovative type of Drum Machine if it doesn't repeat itself in any obvious ways. Taking the swing out of the playing with MIDI quantize will also create some interesting Fusion Drum Styles that have no persistent backbeat in the patterns or even regular accent patterns which is the hall mark of funk and prog rock. It's the main reason no one dances to this style of jazz... they can't figure out where "one" is.

that will be great... but we definitely need Oxley too! :)

• Yeah love his playing on Extrapolation with John McLaughlin and Song for Someone with Kenny Wheeler

• PS. I can view these without being logged into Facebook for those afraid of Bad old Unky Mark

• That 2-d slider looks promising, the ride cymbal needs lots of dynamic variation to sound real

• edited October 2019

Man this is looking real good

• @AudioGus said:
    PS. I can view these without being logged into Facebook for those afraid of Bad old Unky Mark

Yep, all good there. And I am sufficiently impressed with where this is headed. That 2-d slider is legit very cool--agree that the ride cymbal was perhaps not quite there but that's a niggle in the overall picture that's developing. I'm stoked for this one.

• Luis Martinez nails it! Hearing the pairing with iBassist was great. I can't wait to hear the Fusion, Double-time (2x) and Latin styles and play around with the 2D Slider to dial-in the right level of complexity for a track. So good at creating musically perfect apps. Time to save up for another LUMbeats app.

• I hope Luis will add that slider to updates on the rest of the line. Sounds good.

• This can’t drop soon enough

• Whoa - very cool and useful. I assume that these features will eventually be pushed to the other Lumbeat apps as well.

• edited October 2019

Nice... I feel personally responsible for the midi export....😎😇😎😊
    Just kidding..

Great..

Edit.. I guess we can expect this in his other Drum app in future updates..

• Fantastic! Agree that this one is on my "eagerly awaiting" list.

• very nice! Hopefully it supports more than just airdrop or email for exports though. Simple ‘Files’ storage would be best.

• @AudioGus said:
    very nice! Hopefully it supports more than just airdrop or email for exports though. Simple ‘Files’ storage would be best.

Video shows standard iPadOS/13 file feature..

• @RajahP said:

@AudioGus said:
    very nice! Hopefully it supports more than just airdrop or email for exports though. Simple ‘Files’ storage would be best.

Oh sweet! Duh, didn’t realize it was a video.

• @AudioGus said:

@RajahP said:

@AudioGus said:

Oh sweet! Duh, didn’t realize it was a video.

Hope it drops soon..

• Any news?