Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone else doing #Inktober this year?

Comments

• @3sleeves said:
    I’m running later than usual on today’s post, also chose a movie scene where I falsely remembered the word “freeze” being said...

Francis McDormand said, “Hands up, Police!” And Peter Stormare stopped chipping Steve Buscemi to try and make a break for it, only to be shot in the leg.

Yeah nice - I love that movie.

It's the first time I've done Inktober, it's not easy to keep up the pace if you have a busy life, and also it's not always easy to find an idea if the prompt word doesn't resonate. I've got something for today's one (build), I just need to find the time to draw it!

• edited October 2019

My effort for today, “build”:

• edited October 2019

@richardyot The time issue always comes up in these daily challenges, never fails to increase the pressure a bit. The prompts can definitely be a monkey wrench sometimes, but those are optional in my opinion...abstraction is fine.
    Your last illustration is really cool, makes me want to know more about that character! You could have the beginnings of a children’s book there.

• edited October 2019

I took the “build” prompt and built something with the time I had today. Fortunately there was nice weather and my to-do list was very short.

I stepped out of my comfort zone a little and went with a more comic book inspired drawing style. Made this with Procreate and LumaFusion.

• @3sleeves said:
    I took the “build” prompt and built something with the time I had today. Fortunately there was nice weather and my to-do list was very short.

I stepped out of my comfort zone a little and went with a more comic book inspired drawing style. Made this with Procreate and LumaFusion.

Pretty ambitious drawing 3 full figures in a "quick" drawing, well done! I drew storyboards for a living for 5-6 years and multiple figures (or even worse, crowd scenes) was always the thing that slowed me down the most. Good job with the angle and placing the figures within the environment, that stuff isn't easy.

I got the Kirby balls straight away, but I'm not sure I understand the other references in the strip (Danny de Vito and the workout thing going on) - I assume it's down to a cultural deficiency on my part!

• @richardyot The scene is from an episode of It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia where the gang decides to attempt an Extreme Home Makeover for an unaware family of Mexican immigrants...it’s a bizarre and darkly humorous show. The pilot was selected through a contest and picked up for a season, then Danny Devito joined the cast in the second season. It’s now heading into it’s 14th season!

Drawing figures isn’t so bad for me, but hands are always a pain! Perspective is tricky for me sometimes too, so I tend to do reference layers for the room and each character...this drawing has a total of 18 layers and took a few hours, but it was fun. The next few drawings will definitely be less involved 😄

I’m a graphic designer by training, working mainly on industrial and retail products/packaging/marketing the last decade. Spent some years as a sign man too, made all kinds of signs, banners, and vehicle wraps. Inktober brings out my whimsical side a bit, allows for more ridiculous subject matter than my day to day. So glad to see others on this forum participating too!

• edited October 2019

@3sleeves said:
    Drawing figures isn’t so bad for me, but hands are always a pain! Perspective is tricky for me sometimes too, so I tend to do reference layers for the room and each character...this drawing has a total of 18 layers and took a few hours, but it was fun. The next few drawings will definitely be less involved 😄

Yes hands are always time-consuming if you don't want them to end up looking like claws, it takes time to draw the structure and the gesture of the fingers. I usually photograph my own hands with my phone for some quick reference or otherwise build them up using blocks for the hand and cylinders for the fingers - getting a believable gesture takes some thought though.

For figures I usually do a really rough gestural sketch on the first layer, then a more detailed pencil rough on top of that and then a final layer with inks.

• A couple of examples of my process for figures, these are drawn without reference, just from my imagination (when you draw storyboards you have to know how to draw figures doing just about anything) - the very first scribbly sketch is the crucial step because that's where the gesture and pose are established, and if this bit isn't right then the rest of the drawing won't work either.

• I revisited my drawing from yesterday with a better character design and a more graphic look, I'm much happier with it now.

• Today's effort: Husky. Basic but functional :)

• edited October 2019

Damn @3sleeves and @richardyot totally killin it on the Inktober. You're awesome. :smiley:

And aren't hands the biggest pains in the ass to get right or what?! 😲 But thank you for the advice @richardyot . I'll be sure to give some of those a shot. I'm not participating in Inktober, but I will be doing "purposeful practice" on hands for sure.

• edited October 2019

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Damn @3sleeves and @richardyot totally killin it on the Inktober. You're awesome. :smiley:

And aren't hands the biggest pains in the ass to get right or what?! 😲 But thank you for the advice @richardyot . I'll be sure to give some of those a shot. I'm not participating in Inktober, but I will be doing "purposeful practice" on hands for sure.

Yeah hands are time-consuming. When I was learning to draw figures I did literally hundreds of studies of hands, ears, mouths, eyes etc... With hands I think the most important thing is the gesture, it's really hard to get them to look natural and relaxed rather than stiff and claw-like. But photographing your own hands is a really good way of getting instant reference.

• @jwmmakerofmusic Thanks man, appreciate the support!
    @richardyot Dropping some gems in here brother! Those are great tips, especially regarding the fingers (couldn’t leave that dad joke unsaid).
    My original drawing for today wasn’t going to include a hand, but now it will. You’ve inspired me to study my stubby meat hooks. Gonna go find a quiet place to sit and sketch now😎

• I draw a little too. although I like paint a lot more. procreate is a pretty cute sketch tool

• @waterdrop said:
    I draw a little too. although I like paint a lot more. procreate is a pretty cute sketch tool

Beautiful!

• @waterdrop That’s really lifelike, excellent drawing!

• Here’s my handy Husky knife...

Used this old dog nearly every day for years. It’s cut through miles of various substrates and has been dropped countless times. Now, rather than helping make art, it has become the subject.

• @3sleeves said:
    Here’s my handy Husky knife...

Used this old dog nearly every day for years. It’s cut through miles of various substrates and has been dropped countless times. Now, rather than helping make art, it has become the subject.

Yeah good job on the hand!

• @richardyot Thanks! I tried a little topographic suggestion using the liquify tool on my hatching...with more time and effort that may be an effect I’ll use on other drawings in the future.

• edited October 2019

Today’s effort, the prompt word was “enchanted”

• it’s always very interesting to me how many musicians are also very good at; and equally passionate about visual art.

• Amazing stuff B)
    (self lacking any talent in that domain)

• Barely got this one in, busy day and distracting night...

• @richardyot said:
    Today’s effort, the prompt word was “enchanted”

Okay that is fucking ripper! Amazing job mate.

• @jwmmakerofmusic thanks!

Today's effort, the prompt word was "frail"

• Frail...fragile...glass...

• @3sleeves said:
    Frail...fragile...glass...

AWESOME!

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@3sleeves said:
    Frail...fragile...glass...

AWESOME!

very cool

• Today's word was "Swing"

• @richardyot said:
    Today's word was "Swing"

And it fits the forum perfectly. :) I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with "Dragon" on the 12th mate.