Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone knows how AudioLayer's file storage works?

I am making some instruments of my own in AudioLayer. I need the app to function in a stable manner so that it's possible to download instruments from a website directly into Files or AudioShare and then open the EXS file into the app. This seems to work but:

Now what I'm wondering is what really happens on import? I can open the EXS file fine and the sample instrument works, but where are the samples stored when doing this? I notice that they don't stay in iClouds downloaded files folder, since I can delete the instrument there after I've opened it in AL.

Also, if the instruments are a bit bigger in size, say up to 500 mb in size (multi-sampled) will this work?

Comments

• @joachim_s said:
    I am making some instruments of my own in AudioLayer. I need the app to function in a stable manner so that it's possible to download instruments from a website directly into Files or AudioShare and then open the EXS file into the app. This seems to work but:

Now what I'm wondering is what really happens on import? I can open the EXS file fine and the sample instrument works, but where are the samples stored when doing this? I notice that they don't stay in iClouds downloaded files folder, since I can delete the instrument there after I've opened it in AL.

Also, if the instruments are a bit bigger in size, say up to 500 mb in size (multi-sampled) will this work?

I believe that when AL imports an EXS instrument that it copies the samples into its private file storage which is not publicly exposed.

I am not 100% sure but I think after import that you can delete the public samples BUT I haven't tested and could be wrong.

• @espiegel123 said:

@joachim_s said:

I believe that when AL imports an EXS instrument that it copies the samples into its private file storage which is not publicly exposed.

I am not 100% sure but I think after import that you can delete the public samples BUT I haven't tested and could be wrong.

Yeah. I think you are right! Since there’s no other place I can view the files, and as I said I can delete the files I got in download.

Would you be able to do me a favour? To see if you can download and open this simple test instrument with just one sample that I uploaded? That is, to just open the exs file in this zip file:

https://joachimsallstrom.wixsite.com/mysite

• @joachim_s said:

@espiegel123 said:

@joachim_s said:

Yeah. I think you are right! Since there’s no other place I can view the files, and as I said I can delete the files I got in download.

Would you be able to do me a favour? To see if you can download and open this simple test instrument with just one sample that I uploaded? That is, to just open the exs file in this zip file:

That loop no redirects to a site with some indirect download mechanism that doesn’t work on my iPad. What are trying to figure out by my downloading the EXS? FWIW, for sharing from AudioLayer, exporting the AL instrument with samples is a better way.

• @espiegel123 said:

@joachim_s said:

@espiegel123 said:

@joachim_s said:

That loop no redirects to a site with some indirect download mechanism that doesn’t work on my iPad. What are trying to figure out by my downloading the EXS? FWIW, for sharing from AudioLayer, exporting the AL instrument with samples is a better way.

Well sorry about that one. That site isn’t working right now. Moved it. It’s fine, I have colleagues who do the fail tests now anyway 🙂

Yeah, I did that: exporting both instrument and samples.