Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

soundtestroom video, DrumPerfect pre release demo

Check it out before it hits the app store

Comments

• Good stuff. Doug and Marinus both.

• Very nice, and the price?

• edited February 2014

It didn't look like I saw any option for it in the video, but thought I'd ask anyway...any option to export separated tracks?

Sorry, saw the reply on the other thread from the dev. Thanks.

• Looks like an awesome tool. Marinus, you have to promise to add separate track export or record separate tracks straigh to a DAW with AB!!!! It needs it 100%.

• Wow, it's like if DM-1 and Stochastik had a baby, that grew up to become an Astronaut/President! I hope I can afford it. I'll probably delete everything else. (Except Funkbox! And of course not DrumJam!!)

• It is stunning right, the amount of control is truly amazing. The time shift is something else.

• edited February 2014

Double post

• There's a bit of Molten in there as well, since you can subdivide beats by odd values. With DrumPerfect, however, you can subdivide with one value, stick in some drum hits, then change the value and stick in some others to end up with interesting cross-rhythms. That's how I made this swing beat with straight fills.

• I'm definitely getting this. When will it be available?

• This looks great, can't wait for it to be released.

• This looks very comprehensive. The only drawback I can see is that you can't see more than one instrument at a time, so it is perhaps a little more difficult to plan the interplay of the different sounds. Some very cool results though, and I love the probability function, I have been missing that since Stochastic bit the dust!

• You do get a representation of sorts of the other instruments, as they appear as purple bars in the pattern display.

• Cool, that will help.

• @PaulB, you got a kind of Terry Bozzio's swing!

• Great app, really looking forward to this. Will it come with some basic pre-defined patterns for various music styles?

• Yeah it has a fair few demo's included.

• Great drum demos, @PaulB! I'm bouncing off the walls for this one :-) thanks for the demo vid, but now I'm fixated on the release for this!

It seems to have all the features that I've been asking drum app developers for, dreaming of, and ones that I didn't know I was dreaming of... I hope the price isn't too steep.

• edited March 2014

• @LouDur: decided to add a separate track export option to the upcoming version: separate track files are saved in the iTunes file sharing folder and a "serialized" separate track file (where each of the instrument tracks is separated by a marker) is copied to one of Audiocopy/Soundcloud/Audioshare/Dropbox.

• Thanks, @Marinus. That's going to be awesome. Very much looking forward to the release.

• edited February 2014

@Marinus said:

@LouDur: decided to add a separate track export option to the upcoming version: separate track files are saved in the iTunes file sharing folder and a "serialized" separate track file (where each of the instrument tracks is separated by a marker) is copied to one of Audiocopy/Soundcloud/Audioshare/Dropbox.

Very awesome Marinus! Definitely buying DrumPerfect on day one!