Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any way to remove iOS 13?

And go back....

Because for me, iOS 13 sucks on several levels.

Moving audio files app to app seem to take an extra mini step for starters.

Everything seems one step longer for what I use my X2 phone for.

BATTERY gets drained quick!

I know because same time frame every day for year....phone lasted.....today....dead before I was done......

What is your opinion on the new iOS system?

I wish I didn't upgrade yet to be honest.

YT is also acting up for me while using cellular data to watch....

Comments

• That's life get used to it :D

• I do believe there is a way to revert to a previous version of iOS.

The decision to make though is do you want iOS to restore your apps and data
    back the way you normally have your iPad or iPhone or are you perfectly cool
    with setting up the device as new and backing up pictures and data another way.

It all depends upon how you manage data.

• @Samu said:
    That's life get used to it :D

LOL

• edited September 2019

@Gravitas said:
    I do believe there is a way to revert to a previous version of iOS.

The decision to make though is do you want iOS to restore your apps and data
    back the way you normally have your iPad or iPhone or are you perfectly cool
    with setting up the device as new and backing up pictures and data another way.

It all depends upon how you manage data.

I guess it is a matter of disappointing versus laziness......

a modern day Sophies Choice....

• @RUST( i )K

Yep, pretty much.

If you are going to revert back.
    Make sure you store a backup of your iPad now
    so that in the event of you not being able to successfully revert
    back you can use that to restore the iPad to it's current state.

Have fun.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Samu said:

LOL

Seriously though, iOS13.1.1 runs very well on my iPhone 8 and iPadOS13.1.1 brought new life to my iPad Air 2 so I don't have to rush out and buy a new iPad just yet.

Initially after every install iOS does it's house-keeping so it might take a day or two before it is 'as intended' when it comes to performance, battery life etc. etc.

So for me it's working very well but that's just me...

• There is another update 13.1.2

• @[Deleted User] said:
    There is another update 13.1.2

Already?
    Apple is on Fire fixing stuff, yay!

• @Samu said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Already?

😆👍

• @[Deleted User] said:

@Samu said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Already?

😆👍

I'll see if Dark Mode works better with the just released Cube Synth update from Virsyn (In Dark mode the menus are blank while they work as intended in the Non-Dark mode).

• @[Deleted User]
    @Samu

Already installed here.

• Doesn't sound like a process I would want to try. But if you do, do it soon. The window is short.
    https://ios.gadgethacks.com/how-to/downgrade-ios-13-back-ios-12-4-1-your-iphone-using-itunes-finder-0198642/

• edited September 2019

@Samu said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Already?

They are probably frantically plugging jailbreak security holes. Last month iOS 12.4 was jailbroken.
    Yesterday it was made public that a serious, permanent vulnerability was discovered in the bootROM
    which is un-patchable with software. which basically means every single iOS device up to A12 can now
    be jailbroken which is unheard of. This hasn't happened in 10 years. The exploit is called Checkm8 for
    people interested in checking it out and opens up iOS completely. Even downgrading to any iOS you
    want is possible now, it's quite amazing if you're a dev or hacker tbh. Don't worry though guys,
    hackers will not be able to remotely access devices. It will only work when tethered to a computer
    so you can use the exploit during the bootROM process. So security is not totally gone now. But it
    means every single device that uses a cpu up to a12 will be able to jailbreak for many years to come.

• @KraftC

More importantly,

Thank you for the heads up.

• @Samu said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Samu said:

LOL

Seriously though, iOS13.1.1 runs very well on my iPhone 8 and iPadOS13.1.1 brought new life to my iPad Air 2 so I don't have to rush out and buy a new iPad just yet.

Initially after every install iOS does it's house-keeping so it might take a day or two before it is 'as intended' when it comes to performance, battery life etc. etc.

@Samu said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Samu said:

LOL

Could be it, just did it.

So ok on Air2?

I didn’t try on the post Air2 iPads yet either
    ..only phone

• @KraftC said:

@Samu said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Already?

They are probably frantically plugging jailbreak security holes. Last month iOS 12.4 was jailbroken.
    Yesterday it was made public that a serious, permanent vulnerability was discovered in the bootROM
    which is un-patchable with software. which basically means every single iOS device up to A12 can now
    be jailbroken which is unheard of. This hasn't happened in 10 years. The exploit is called Checkm8 for
    people interested in checking it out and opens up iOS completely. Even downgrading to any iOS you
    want is possible now, it's quite amazing if you're a dev or hacker tbh. Don't worry though guys,
    hackers will not be able to remotely access devices. It will only work when tethered to a computer
    so you can use the exploit during the bootROM process. So security is not totally gone now. But it
    means every single device that uses a cpu up to a12 will be able to jailbreak for many years to come.

Orly -trollface

• @[Deleted User] said:

Gracias

• @RUST( i )K said:

So ok on Air2?

That's what I'm using, and for me it works fine.

Some apps (only bumped into a few) that are not properly updated may look a bit weird in Dark Mode but in the Normal Mode they look and work just like before. (Adding the Dark Mode switch to the control center allows for quick switching just in case).

I can't not guarantee that it's a total bug-free experience for everyone but for me it's been a smooth ride.

• The iOS13.1.2 update contained quite a bit :)

• @RUST( i )K said:.

Even after a few days housekeeping and a supposed battery fix in 13.1.1, I’m still experiencing a considerably higher battery drain in AUM, though drain rate in normal use (web, YouTube, doc editing etc) seems much closer to normal now.

• edited September 2019

@craftycurate said:

@RUST( i )K said:.

Even after a few days housekeeping and a supposed battery fix in 13.1.1, I’m still experiencing a considerably higher battery drain in AUM, though drain rate in normal use (web, YouTube, doc editing etc) seems much closer to normal now.

New update is said to increase battery life.. I have not updated as of yet...

@RUST( i )K said:
    And go back....

I know because same time frame every day for year....phone lasted.....today....dead before I was done......

Have you tried the ‘3D press’.. long press on an icon?
    Seems to be quicker to move around for me..

• edited September 2019

So you prefer 12.4 to 13? Or did you manage to go back further? I’m guessing not, in which case isn’t the Audiobus bug bugging you? ;)

Having two iPads I have the luxury of past and present but while living in the past might seem like a safe place to be, the present keeps moving forward, evolving and eventually getting fixed. Just saying.

• edited October 2019

@Samu said:
    iPadOS13.1.1 brought new life to my iPad Air 2 so I don't have to rush out and buy a new iPad just yet.

Man, I’d love to bring my air 2 along, but it’s my ios 10 machine.

• @RajahP said:

@craftycurate said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    And go back....

Have you tried the ‘3D press’.. long press on an icon?
    Seems to be quicker to move around for me..

No thanks Raj~

• I actually need to upgrade.

I can't even answer Gmail emails now.....

• @supadom said:
    So you prefer 12.4 to 13? Or did you manage to go back further? I’m guessing not, in which case isn’t the Audiobus bug bugging you? ;)

Having two iPads I have the luxury of past and present but while living in the past might seem like a safe place to be, the present keeps moving forward, evolving and eventually getting fixed. Just saying.

Yeah, I have Air @ 9
    Air2 @10
    and the iPad6 at 12 and the Pro at 12.

iPhone was only update to the new one for me

• @RajahP said:

@craftycurate said:

I didn't notice any improvement in battery drain with AUM in 13.1.x (.1 or .2) though normal usage seems to be roughly what it was before, maybe a little worse