Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

(Warning: GAS thread)MC 707: After the dust settles.....

Comments

• The synth editing is very tedious on the M7. Think in terms of Integra or S750.
    I can´t imagine that Roland would not publish an editor at one point.
    But what i would really like to see is a mode in which we can use the fader and the knobs to edit the effects and hell why not, the synth engine too.

• @dreamrobe said:
    The synth editing is very tedious on the M7. Think in terms of Integra or S750.
    I can´t imagine that Roland would not publish an editor at one point.
    But what i would really like to see is a mode in which we can use the fader and the knobs to edit the effects and hell why not, the synth engine too.

Right ..mixr turns into envelope controls...ect....like how circuit knobs double on diff screens...

• edited October 2019

@RUST( i )K said:

I saw that f#$ker too!

• @[Deleted User] said:

@RUST( i )K said:

I saw that f#$ker too!

Like really GAS is turning into a near trauma!

• I'm debating between the Syntrx and the new Buchla Easel Command. And by debating, I mean dreaming.

• @auxmux said:
    I'm debating between the Syntrx and the new Buchla Easel Command. And by debating, I mean dreaming.

😆

• It is done. Wow:

• Elektron now your turn 👍

• what exactly is the Sample ram amount, and the sample storage time on the MC-707?

• edited December 2019

@kobamoto said:
    what exactly is the Sample ram amount, and the sample storage time on the MC-707?

I think I heard that each sample can be something like 64 seconds or something like that.

This thing just turned in to a must have for me. :)

• edited December 2019

Quick Q's

1. individual track lengths?
    2. individual track scaling?
    3. individual track time signatures?
    4. individual track swing?
    5. individual Pattern tempo?
    6. recordable mutes?
    7. how much sample time?
    8. Grid disable recording?
    9. track nudge?
    10. trigger repeat?
    11. probability?
  • This one looks like a nice alternative to both Octatrack and Digitakt, even though it has no crossfader and CPU power that perfectly matches the history of Roland ;)

• @rs2000 said:
    This one looks like a nice alternative to both Octatrack and Digitakt, even though it has no crossfader and CPU power that perfectly matches the history of Roland ;)

Yeah...I think the only thing I'd want is a separate Midi Out mode so it doesn't take up an audio channel on device. I love this about the OT.

• @kobamoto said:
    what exactly is the Sample ram amount, and the sample storage time on the MC-707?

Available total time for User Sample: 12 minutes in mono, 6 minutes in stereo (44.1 kHz)

• Available format of User Sample: WAV 32–96 kHz/16-bit, 24-bit (mono, stereo)

• Available total time for Looper Sample: Approx. 60 sec (44.1 kHz)

• Available format of Looper Sample: WAV 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 24-bit, 32-bit, 32-bit float (mono, stereo)
  • @[Deleted User] said:

@kobamoto said:

Available total time for User Sample: 12 minutes in mono, 6 minutes in stereo (44.1 kHz)

• Available format of Looper Sample: WAV 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 24-bit, 32-bit, 32-bit float (mono, stereo)

do you ever feel constrained in your sampling?

• @kobamoto said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@kobamoto said:

I dont have one ... that the official specs

I like the fact it has higher sample rates and I imagine the timestretch algo is pretty good but im still dreaming of a new true successor to the OT.

• Great update, def increases GAS.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@kobamoto said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@kobamoto said:

I dont have one ... that the official specs

I like the fact it has higher sample rates and I imagine the timestretch algo is pretty good but im still dreaming of a new true successor to the OT.

yeah me too, but the 707 is looking like it's really turning into something.
    if it had a control all feature it might be too hard to resist

• The 707 is ok.

😛

• edited December 2019

@Tarekith said:
    The 707 is ok.

😛

Hahaha. So after this update and living with this beast for a while...what is missing when you compare this to an Octatrack?

• @echoopera said:

@Tarekith said:
    The 707 is ok.

😛

Hahaha. So after this update and living with this beast for a while...what is missing when you compare this to an Octatrack?

sample time for one, but yeah what else??

• what kind of backup options does the MC-707 have for projects, hopefully there is a back up all sequences and samples into a single file type of thing?

• @echoopera said:

@Tarekith said:
    The 707 is ok.

😛

I think @Tarekith is being facetious. I think he loves it more than Octatrack?

• @kobamoto said:
    Quick Q's

6. recordable mutes?
    7. how much sample time?
    9. track nudge?
    10. trigger repeat?
    11. probability?

1 yes
    2 yes
    3 you do them by specifying last step+scaling+lenght
    4 yes
    5 no
    6 don't think so
    7 not much
    8 yes
    9 no
    10 don't think so
    11 yes. set per note, but a bit clunky

Judging by your questions I think you might get disappointed by some things that the mc707 won't do.

I still think the mc707 & octatrack is a match made in heaven even though the mc707 got a bit boosted in its sample capabilities in the last 1.20 update.

And I still think that Roland will come out with an editor for pc/Mac/ios? at one time or another.
    Because i still can't imagine that they programed all these sounds on the device itself.
    If I would dream big I imagine this editor as vst/au.
    And if I go wild with my imagination it might even make it as AU3. How popular would the mc707 then be in iOS-land?

• @dreamrobe said:

@kobamoto said:
    Quick Q's

6. recordable mutes?
    7. how much sample time?
    9. track nudge?
    10. trigger repeat?
    11. probability?

1 yes
    2 yes
    3 you do them by specifying last step+scaling+lenght
    4 yes
    5 no
    6 don't think so
    7 not much
    8 yes
    9 no
    10 don't think so
    11 yes. set per note, but a bit clunky

Judging by your questions I think you might get disappointed by some things that the mc707 won't do.

I still think the mc707 & octatrack is a match made in heaven even though the mc707 got a bit boosted in its sample capabilities in the last 1.20 update.

And I still think that Roland will come out with an editor for pc/Mac/ios? at one time or another.
    Because i still can't imagine that they programed all these sounds on the device itself.
    If I would dream big I imagine this editor as vst/au.
    And if I go wild with my imagination it might even make it as AU3. How popular would the mc707 then be in iOS-land?

thanks for the confirmations.... and yeah that would be great.... all of the hardware devs should be getting iOS friendly it could only help their sales.

• @echoopera said:

I haven't actually tried the update yet, by the time I got some free time today to download the page on Roland's site is offline.

Regardless, I really can't compare the OT and the 707, they are TOTALLY different beasts for me. Perhaps once I get more time with the new update I'll change my mind, but as of now it's not something I want to list out as there would be too many things.

• edited December 2019

Man, as much as I want one machine to rule them all I just don’t think it exists and my GAS would probably never allow it. The 707 looks really great but I don’t think it’s going to replace an Elektron sequencer and really the Roland Groovebox line was really always a Swiss Army knife synth/sequencer. (Not a knock on it!) I cut my teeth on the 303 and 505 and totally fell in love with groove machines because of them. But I don’t know there’s magic in the Elektron’s and yes i talk about them like a cult member sometimes but that’s what happens. I swear I have other gear.

Blah blah blah, the 707 looks great, glad to see Roland doing it again. Looking forward to watching where this takes them.

• Getting into the sampling portion of the update hopefully tonight. Been messing around with the scales and about to try the midi out portion 1st.

• @thatguysmitty said:
    Getting into the sampling portion of the update hopefully tonight. Been messing around with the scales and about to try the midi out portion 1st.

ahhh, please come back with your over-all insights and tingssss