Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cheers to IOS 13.1 Stereo screen capture and background audio feature ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Cheers to IOS 13.1 Stereo screen capture feature ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Itโ€™s an amazing addition

also earlier screen capture used to only capture foreground audio

I hope my fellow IOS brethren are enjoying the same

ยซ1

Comments

• Havenโ€™t tried it but cant wait! ๐Ÿ˜Œ

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Havenโ€™t tried it but cant wait! ๐Ÿ˜Œ

And you are waiting for ??๐Ÿ˜ณ

• Can someone explain why this is important?

• Well it makes a screen recording usable for youtube, social media etc..

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

If you wanted to do a stereo screen record of say, a music session, you had to record to AudioShare or something and replace the audio in something like Lumafusion. Not impossible, but a pain.

Funny how we get all excited and bless Apple so for finally adding a feature that we all were shocked wasn't there in the first place. :D

• @wim said:
    replace the audio in something like Lumafusion. Not impossible, but a pain.

Exactly the same workflow here earlier !๐Ÿ˜€

• Do we know what bitrate it records at?

• Ah so like recording a screen recording can capture your voice Mono and app audio in stereo?

• This is iPhone as well as iPad?

Does anyone know how the quality is?

• @gusgranite said:
    Do we know what bitrate it records at?

With the screen recording that I made, the audio has a 128 kbps bit rate sampled at 44.1 KHz.

The video bit rate appears to be 28,600 kbps, though I think I read somewhere that the video is compressed using a variable bit rate, as opposed to a constant bit rate.

My 18 minute and 21 second recording is 3.68 GB in size. And it has a 1920x1440 pixel resolution that looks good, but is smaller than my 12.9-inch iPad's native resolution.

• @DavidEnglish said:

@gusgranite said:
    Do we know what bitrate it records at?

With the screen recording that I made, the audio has a 128 kbps bit rate sampled at 44.1 KHz.

The video bit rate appears to be 28,600 kbps, though I think I read somewhere that the video is compressed using a variable bit rate, as opposed to a constant bit rate.

My 18 minute and 21 second recording is 3.68 GB in size. And it has a 1920x1440 pixel resolution that looks good, but is smaller than my 12.9-inch iPad's native resolution.

Great info! Thank you.

• Noob question: how can i record the screen?

• @Crabman said:
    Noob question: how can i record the screen?

First make sure you have 'Screen Recording' icon in your control Center.
    (Settings->Control Center->Customise Controls)

After that it's just a matter of swiping up/down the control center and tapping on the screen recording icon.

• nice one,thanks.Was it that easy before as well?Golden for bug reports.

• @Crabman said:
    nice one,thanks.Was it that easy before as well?Golden for bug reports.

Yeah, it's been like that since iOS11 or so if I recall correctly. With iOS13 it got stereo recording which should honestly have been there since day one :)

• I see a video is already made on this by @thesoundtestroom .. missed this

Sweet!!!

• Damn i didnโ€™t knew that... so all my screencaps sucked and will from now on be with a lot better quality (tonewise)?!

• @david_2017 said:
    Damn i didnโ€™t knew that... so all my screencaps sucked and will from now on be with a lot better quality (tonewise)?!

Hehe... 128 kbps is still pretty bad imo, but at least it's stereo now, so can be useful for quick capturing jams etc.

• Any ideas about extracting the audio and importing to AudioShare?

• @zilld2017 said:
    Any ideas about extracting the audio and importing to AudioShare?

Many apps can do this

I use
    Luma fusion , and mostly audio stretch

• AudioStretch it is! Thanks

• edited September 2019

@zilld2017 said:
    Any ideas about extracting the audio and importing to AudioShare?

You can 'share' the Sceen Recorded Video, select Files and save it into AudioShare.
    The screen capture records in *.MP4 which AudioShare supports and you can edit and covert the file to any supported format.

AudioShare does seem to have some issues with reading the *.MP4 files but BM3 and others handle them fine.

• Somehow I can do it in iOS 13 directly from the photos app ๐Ÿ˜ฎ just hit the share icon (square with arrow) and scroll down to the bottom. There it is: Video to audio

• @david_2017 said:
    Somehow I can do it in iOS 13 directly from the photos app ๐Ÿ˜ฎ just hit the share icon (square with arrow) and scroll down to the bottom. There it is: Video to audio

๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ on IPAD? Canโ€™t see on ma phone ?

• No thank you for 128 KBPS. Iโ€™ll continue to use max WAV quality as separate audio in my videos.

Stereo recording should have been in the initial version - just as Dark Mode should have been introduced in iOS v1 (and now, all apps need to be re-updated for dark mode after a decade of iOS)

Apple should have prioritized Screen Taps in screen recording over stereo recording. Without the ability to show screen taps, it cannot be really used for creating tutorial videos. Screen recording lacks such a very basic feature. We can use a Bluetooth mouse to show the pointer but that kill mobility.

• @david_2017 said:
    Somehow I can do it in iOS 13 directly from the photos app ๐Ÿ˜ฎ just hit the share icon (square with arrow) and scroll down to the bottom. There it is: Video to audio

Can you share screenshot?

• @Samu said:
    You can 'share' the Sceen Recorded Video, select Files and save it into AudioShare.
    The screen capture records in *.MP4 which AudioShare supports and you can edit and covert the file to any supported format.

AudioShare does seem to have some issues with reading the *.MP4 files but BM3 and others handle them fine.

Yes, it does not work for me in Audioshare. It only saves a 50 milliseconds clip, unusable... gladly at least Audiostretch does the trick. From there I can get it into my files in Audioshare... ๐Ÿคฏ

• @hisdudeness said:

@david_2017 said:

I would like to see that too... it's not there on my iPad... seems that they have sold me a broken one again...๐Ÿ˜œ

• @LeonKowalski said:

Yes, it does not work for me in Audioshare. It only saves a 50 milliseconds clip, unusable... gladly at least Audiostretch does the trick. From there I can get it into my files in Audioshare... ๐Ÿคฏ

@j_liljedahl I think this is a bug in AudioShare and I feel its file provider extension might need an update for iOS/iPadOS.

When dumping files to apps that just show the Documents folder i Files.app it works without problems while apps that use a FileProvider extension may need to be updated. Many of those apps (DropBox, GoogleDrive etc.) have already been updated, but AudioShare has not seen an update in ages.

To reproduce this issue, do a screen recording and from Photos.app share the video using Files option and drop the file into AudioShare. Sending the same file to DropBox or GoogleDrive works without any issues.

• @hisdudeness said:

@david_2017 said:

Of course