Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Adobe Fresco and iPad Drawing: Music Thoughts

edited September 2019 in Other

Having a go at the new Adobe Fresco on the iPad Pro with Pencil...and all i can say is that i really enjoy the process of drawing in the app. Adobe really delivered on this one.

Comments

• Procreate is so much better. I downloaded Fresco, and deleted it.

• I'm not even going to touch Fresco for the simple fact that it requires a subscription after the trial runs out. I'm also not sure if it has P3 wide colour gamut mode.

Not only that, but I second what @johnfromberkeley said. ProCreate is a LOT better. Soon, ProCreate 5 will not only have an animation mode but also CMYK mode in case printing your art is something of interest (amongst other vast improvements).

• edited September 2019

I really admire what Adobe is trying to do. It’s hard. iOS in someways is a “light” operating system, and adobe has struggled with overly “light” apps. I really like adobe spark post, but spark page and video leave much to be desired.

I have found affinity apps to be great for photos and vector illustration

• Procreate is it.

Spoiler: major update coming 5.0 🤭

• edited September 2019

Hrmmm...wasn't really looking for a critique on the app as much as I was on the drawing...but there ya go...should have realized where I was posting. 😳💕

Forest for the trees people. Forest for the trees. Yeesh.

• The drawing is great, but the guys needs a thesoundtestroom t-shirt to complete the theme. ;-)

• edited September 2019

@Hmtx said:
    The drawing is great, but the guys needs a thesoundtestroom t-shirt to complete the theme. ;-)

Thank you.

True on the shirt...I think I still have the Vector art for it on my iPad...thanks for the suggestion ;) Now I have something to draw again in Fresco :)

• @echoopera said:
    True on the shirt...I think I still have the Vector art for it on my iPad...thanks for the suggestion ;) Now I have something to draw again in Fresco :)

Ha, I had forgotten that you were the one who did those tstr designs, excellent. Good stuff mate

• Fun fun fun...notice the button i rendered but then removed:

• @echoopera said:
    Hrmmm...wasn't really looking for a critique on the app as much as I was on the drawing...but there ya go...should have realized where I was posting. 😳💕

Hahaha, wow, sorry, yeah, i love the drawing. Soulful.

• @echoopera said:
    Having a go at the new Adobe Fresco on the iPad Pro with Pencil...and all i can say is that i really enjoy the process of drawing in the app. Adobe really delivered on this one.

This is great - love your style!

• @echoopera Dig your drawing style, really looks like ink and paint on mixed media.

Tangentially, Fresco reminds me a bit of the Sketches app, especially the watercolors. If you haven’t messed with Sketches yet I’d recommend it too.

• edited September 2019

@3sleeves said:
    @echoopera Dig your drawing style, really looks like ink and paint on mixed media.

Tangentially, Fresco reminds me a bit of the Sketches app, especially the watercolors. If you haven’t messed with Sketches yet I’d recommend it too.

Thanks. Yeah sketches is awesome. But honestly, Fresco nailed the natural media styles. It’s sick fast delicious looking.

• @echoopera said:

Mate, next time, just say, "So what do you think of my art?" ;) Then you'll get the correct responses.

Speaking of which, I really like what you did. :) Certainly better than my attempts at art and illustration. I like the stylised look and references to AUM and AB in the background. :)

• edited September 2019

@echoopera said:

@3sleeves said:
    @echoopera Dig your drawing style, really looks like ink and paint on mixed media.

Thanks. Yeah sketches is awesome. But honestly, Fresco nailed the natural media styles. It’s sick fast delicious looking.

I always enjoy the controlled looseness of your style. Fresco seems a good fit. Played with the water colour a little bit, quite nice.